Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #281
o_roadrun

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monks
well i hope u read this comments very clearly!!!

Sorry, that final statement added to that post just made me laugh...I have no idea who either of you are and I haven't read the other guy's post. But ha
o_roadrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #282
o_naproxen500mg

Monks and BullUrine

I saw where a couple of people posted some stuff on the [HBA] Forum and it didn't stay on long. I guess the brainwashing continues as well. Evidently, he doesn't want his "faithful" to know the truth. Remove this, WhiteToy! Now go and post on your forum how you're being bashed so your "faithful" will show compassion and pat you on yer little hiney. God knows you've trained 1000's and 1000's of people. You should have quite an entourage by now..............NOT!
o_naproxen500mg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #283
o_hired-gun

Hi GoD/Vanquish long time no see! so whats up?
o_hired-gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #284
o_naproxen500mg

Way off base

Yet another misguided statement..........REPENT! REPENT! Mad_Max and Naproxen500mg are not the same person. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret WhiteTail. Make sure your house is clean before you make any wrongful accusations. Of course it could be any one of the 1000's of members you have trained over your many years of TFC excellence. Yeah right. You have what...........8 active members? Oh wait...........you're taking about bots too right? Oh then you have trained 1000's of members then. I stand corrected.......BOTS count too. I liked your most recent post. I especially liked the part about upping the meds. Typical WhiteDork paranoia rhetoric.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #285
o_blashy

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Might as well participate.

I started playing TFC right when it came out. It was my first experience at online gaming, I had no clue 220 ping was bad, it felt good to me .

I started to look up clans and what it was all about, once I knew I was interested in playing competitively, I looked around, after playing with THD's original gang on their server alot for 2 weeks I asked if they were looking and within 2 weeks I was a member.

My first match was vs. KiN who no one but CE could beat and they ask me to play HWG up top on 2 fort by the elevator, it was a disaster, for one I had no clue about being up top and sucked at HWG since I never played it.

First round I went something like 5-40, lol.

Second round I asked to be down bellow as Soldier and went an excellent 27-15 vs. KiN

If you look at the screenshot you'll see why I say excellent, look at the rest of my team

http://blashy.shackspace.com/Game%20...0rd2%20KiN.jpg

Best moment in THD was to be the first clan to take ONE round vs. CE, although we lost the match (OGL) and the next week KiN beat them for the first time on 2fort.

THD wanted to be number one and had started practicing which I hated, yet I admit I also wanted to be at the top but once the movement to merge THD, CA and some VYL players into Resurgence started it took the fun out of it for me, the small clan atmostphere was gone and it became too serious. Having had so much fun in THD I figured I might as well just not play competitive anymore, so I "retired". In less then 7 days Su3to[KiN] asked me if I was really done since KiN was looking for a player. Having chatted with 3-4 of them in IRC alot over the past months in their channel they seemed like a good bunch AND I said if they had practices I was not interested, he just laughed and said that was something they had never done.

My biggest regret to this day in TFC is the disbandment of THD, we were a top 5 clan and had fun and should have been content. I consider 404 and extension of THD but by then I was long gone from playing.

Until KiN retired I participated in 12 matches and the most memorable was vs. CE on BAM which after 3 overtimes everyone just called it a draw and went to bed.

I finally stopped playing about 5 weeks before KiN called it quits. Playing at the highest level had become too political and no one was playing to have fun anymore, it was all about the win. And it bummed me out, so I stopped. That was May 2000.

In Febuary 2001 I decided to join a clan name uA who I enjoyed their company having pubbed alot on their server and some oldschool THD players were in it.

That only lasted 6 weeks when the leader of the clan asked me "What do we have to do to be #1 like KiN?" After a week of him discussing how the clan was going for the top and practice and all that I quit and not long after so did the few old school THD players. Amazing how one guy can screw everything up.

It was some months later that I said I would join a clan that had no goals about climbing the ladders or winning titles, just enjoy the game and laugh. KoB was the obvious choice... 30+ was too old for me, hehe.

I was accepted in KoB and I played one match and was accused of cheating, according to the demos I did cheat (which I deny to this day). With not ONE person coming to me personally and not being contacted by the clan leadership of KoB or any league admins I was banned. That was litteraly my last match of TFC, I uninstalled the game the 2nd game after this went all down and I sold my copy 2 months later.

Even so I always stayed active towards the community with some help on KSE with the addition of the ALL Time Top 10 which has been updated twice now.

Even when I was retired from competitive play I was always active in some way. It was SDSE (good old Xris from San Dawgs) and then I joined the KSE gang.

Will I play competitively FF or TF2? Not at all, I will try both and will probably stick with the one with the best Pyroman, .

The only competitive game I've played outside TFC is Halo2 and for about 3 months, another freaked out clan that went nuts on "gotta practice"...

I've never played any other online game, tried some but nothing stuck and I've been waiting for FF since then.
o_blashy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #286
o_|res|entreri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blashy
KoB was the obvious choice... 30+ was too old for me, hehe.
Heh....I was in 30+ and it FELT too old. Great bunch of guys though and a blast to play with.
o_|res|entreri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #287
o_someoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |RES|Entreri
Heh....I was in 30+ and it FELT too old. Great bunch of guys though and a blast to play with.
You ARE old, Ent!

btw, very good to "see" you again!
o_someoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #288
o_|res|entreri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOldGuy
You ARE old, Ent!

btw, very good to "see" you again!
Heya SoG! Been lurking for quite a while (ever since billdoor was on the team).

Just recently started playing again...occasionally. Hoping to have as much fun playing horribly in FF/TF2 as I did in TFC

o_|res|entreri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 PM   #289
o_smklizard

TFC from the eyes of a Lizard...

It all starts with me finally stepping into the PC world when I bought my first PC, a Compaq Presario in 2000. Up till this time I played the consoles. I have been playing Video games since 1974 and I can say they have come along way from PONG. I often refer to my self as a “Video Game Junky” Well my co-worker “El Diablo” tells me I need to check out some FPS, and hands me a copy of HL. Well about three days in I decide I am not playing monsters and uninstall HL. Then “ELD” comes up and says have I found the mod on the disk, TFC? Its an on-line only game with all humans. I tell him no and he leads me to install TFC and go find the updates to play on line. After all night on dial-up I have the update and ready to play some TFC

Well in that year I am introduced to many things including the curious icon “Start in HLDS mode” when it starts the game its a dos box and I have to laugh as I cant get it to close thinking what kind of way is that to play a game. HAHA as I look back now. Well as it turns out I end up sucking my best friend “Fistr” in to play some TFC after another friend of ours sets him up with an old computer. So now we have my ELD, Fistr and me in our favorite clan server we began to call home, when Fistr asks me why aren't we a clan?

Six months later, ELD and I begin to research what it takes to be a clan. Well we came across an article on the net that set it all straight to us. So we decided to become a “Fun Clan” and “Society Made Killaz” is born. Well this is 2001 and I am now learning about HL and TFC and HLDS and what that DOS box was all about, I am not sure if it was the end or the beginning. We began to rent a private eight slot windows server, and I become what I like to refer as “Server Operator“ for our group of friends that we have sucked into playing TFC.

Another six months later and I decide not to rent any longer as Cable is now strong enough to support twelve to sixteen slots. I purchase two thousand dollars worth of PC equipment dedicated 24/7 to this game “TFC” and open up the doors to the “SMK Public Killin Grounds” from my bedroom on my cable connection. It has been many years now and I have kept my end of the bargain I struck, as long as there are people playing TFC, SMK will keep a server open for them to play in. Until TFC is no longer played on the net. It has been a long and bumpy road from the updates of WON to the conversion of STEAM. I kept the WON server alive till the last days.

Now we have had 38 members, a few different domain names, forums and so many different IP Addis its not even funny, from Windows to Linux and back. But the SMK Public Killin Grounds has been in the server list for many years now, fulfilling the promise. The work, heart and soul I have poured into this game and its community has been trying and at the same time unbelievably rewarding. I wouldn't change a thing. I have had so many fun times and to tell you the truth if it wasn't for this game its community and the SMK clan, I would not be married right now to my wife and clan mate “Mrs Alienyouth” I read a quote from a favorite Pub server many years ago “Couples that frag together stay together” but I didn’t think I would find a girl that likes to kill people on-line, but hey here I am, Six years later.

SMK will be around and I will be here in the background making sure the server is running smooth adding those custom maps, compiling player stats, tracking down why the server is crashing, figuring out all the plugins, sucking up the rude comments from the children telling me where to go, providing that place for the TFC community to play as I promised, till TFC is no longer played on the net.

Beta test, no thanks, I been waiting to long to jump in to early. We will be waiting for the first full release, eagerly. The new graphic engine “Source” is totally awesome and we cant wait for FF to release on it. I believe I will need to change my promise though. I will keep a server running till FF is no longer played on the net.

We hope to see many of you in, when the FF house is built.

o_smklizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #290
o_someoldguy

Circ, give it a rest. It's already been addressed.
o_someoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #291
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
It was? I totally missed it, sorry. Deleting...

Old 08-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #292
o_naproxen500mg

Circuitous

Hey I know some people in Indiana that play. 2 are from Terre Haute, 2 are from Indy, and 3 are from the Fort Wayne area. What part are you from?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #293
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Way southeast.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 PM   #294
o_naproxen500mg

Circuitous

Lawrenceburg, Versailles, Sellersburg, or New Albany?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #295
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

'Bout 5 minutes from Lawrenceburg.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #296
o_naproxen500mg

I hear you can throw alot of money away at Argosy. I've been to Lawrenceburg but only passing through on my way home (Kentucky).

Old 08-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #297
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Argosy or Grand Victoria now. Either way you can blow a lot of cash there. Know a guy who comes in every week and spends about $50k, crazy rich bastard.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #298
o_sureshot

Thought it might be nice to top this in times of waiting.
o_sureshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #299
o_garland-w

I downloaded the TFC demo back in 2001 which included hunted, warpath and an outdated version of 2fort (so I couldn't play it online). Anyway hunted was good enough and it made me buy Half-life to get the full version of TFC. I continued to play hunted for like ~½ year until I got banned from my favorite server (for profanity ). Then I started playing around on other maps and also played some other Half-life mods but I never got quite good at any of them so I focused mostly on TFC. One thing led to the other and I started playing clanned TFC in the fall of 2003. Been in a few clans since then, currently I'm in [MsA].

(Ad: [MsA] will play an international game vs a team from Brazil on Sunday 22:00 CET. Maybe there will be HLTV for all of you that are bored on Sunday evenings :P)
o_garland-w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2016, 04:47 AM   #300
InternalChi

Class/Position: Any
Gametype: 1v1 dm , capture the flag , fps shooter
Affiliations: Flawles$styles #styles irc east gamesnet or gamesurge. Who remembers?? Lol
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Someone claimed the created Flawless Styles, I am the original creator/owner

I seen a post in here, that was a blatant lie. I created the flawless styles mulch guild. I had a 5 digit WonId and a 6 digit. I wasn't around for 10 years and people still idled and will tell u. DuM ran it for me for a while when I was gone.....then ex r8ted old VD member ran it for a while and took them into some leagues. Everyone in there where top notch mulchers. Some other top mulchers had other guilds prior like verse and some other but eventually hung out with #styles on irc gamesnet east or gamesurge.east. that was also my channel. I'm not trying to sound like an asshole, I just read some blatant lies. Me and DuM used to battle constantly. I haven't played tfc or fortress forever in years and I could still jump in a server and circle strafe bhop around people and rock their world with a default configuration. Quake 3 was also my game. In my prime , in tfc , I was one of the best mulchers ever, I know it, others know it. I also know the rest of the best mulchers ever. We were rediculous back in the day. I'm 35 now and play loadout on ps4 once i while. I might come back and join my tfc buddies.... mad love to the whole tfc and fortress forever players for keeping the game alive. Loadout isn't a bad game, sort of like tfc, pretty fun
InternalChi <---original creator and owner of flawless styles. You better ask about me! Lol

Last edited by InternalChi; 08-09-2016 at 05:51 AM.
InternalChi is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.