Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
vartaxe

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
connection problems... sending client info...

when i try to connect to an server with the cornfield (and with others too...) map it just wont connect... wtf!? (dustbowl for example works great...)

btw in the console it gives me no errors... just some normal warings that certainly is equal for everybody... (about valve textures support and stuff like that...)

Last edited by vartaxe; 09-27-2007 at 11:02 PM.
vartaxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Roach
SourceMod User

Send a message via AIM to Roach
Hit ctrl+alt+delete and see if your steam.exe is up at 99% CPU usage or somewhere thereabouts.

Close Steam, and you should get an error message thrown. It happened to me for a little while with the text prior to that.
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
vartaxe

omfg
now i cant even connect to any server...
i have those ports forwarded

anything wrong?
maybee it my new isp that sucks!!! i have 2mb (2048/256) adsl powered by tele2.lu (previously i had telepac.pt)
someone said to me that tele2.lu has some upload compression technology maybee thats the problem!?
please help me i want to play

Old 09-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
vartaxe

ok nothing done
i have my firewall off, ports forwarded, winsock reset!
and i can't still not play...
when i try to connect it hangs up at sending client info and in the console i get:
Quote:
Fortress Forever
Map: ff_dustbowl
Players: 1 / 22
Build 3224
Server Number 36
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
CAsyncWavDataCache: 3 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Begin loading faces (loads materials)
End loading faces (loads materials)
player/demoman/demoman.mdl/player/ff_player_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on "ffSkel_Hips"
player/medic/medic.mdl/player/ff_player_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on "ffSkel_Hips"
player/hwguy/hwguy.mdl/player/ff_player_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on "ffSkel_Hips"
player/pyro/pyro.mdl/player/ff_player_shared.mdl : missmatched parent bones on "ffSkel_Hips"
Initializing renderer...
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/shrub_01a.mdl)
wtf!?
i'm now downloading lastest directx (august redist...) and lastest nvidia drivers... i hope it's gonna work!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
JFK=GCHQ=

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I get the exact same problem, Let me know if you find a solution.
cheers

Old 09-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
your evil twin

I find that I can normally connect to a server first time without any problem, but when the server changes to another map, it freezes at "sending client info".

I have 1GB of RAM. How much RAM does everyone else here have? It is my suspicion that it's a case of the system running out of RAM or something.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
JFK=GCHQ=

Quote:
Originally Posted by your evil twin
I find that I can normally connect to a server first time without any problem, but when the server changes to another map, it freezes at "sending client info".

I have 1GB of RAM. How much RAM does everyone else here have? It is my suspicion that it's a case of the system running out of RAM or something.

Got 2GB, so I doubt it's that.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #8
vartaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by your evil twin

omfg thats my problem too... sometimes i can connect to an server but if he changes map to cornfield or something else it hangs at sending client info... and other times it lost's connection after +/-30seconds... WTF!?

Old 09-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
vartaxe

oh i forgiot to say that i updated directx and drivers and still nothing...

Old 09-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
enexar

im getting a similar issue where it takes me 4minutes to connect to any map. it hangs on retrieving server info for 2minutes, then it hangs on sending client info for another 2. i have updated my nvidia drivers and still no improvement.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #11
vartaxe

i tried this:
Quote:
Ok, i may have a temporary fix. I tried running the game in direct x 9, 8.1, 8 and 7. direct x 7 worked fine.

Im sure i have up to date drivers.

To run in directX 7:

Right click insurgency in steam, then click launch options.

Now type: -dxlevel 70

for directx 8: -dxlevel 80
for directx 8.1: -dxlevel 81
for directx 9: -dxlevel 90

I hope this helps you all, maybe it will be fixed in the patch (maybe).
but dont work for me...
hummm this is strange too -> http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7828 ff comes with appid 215 i will try with 220...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:10 AM   #12
enexar

i just tried that as well
no difference to me

Old 09-16-2007, 01:14 AM   #13
enexar

just tried appid 220 as well and i get t hat CFFGameRules error. doubt thats the issue. the loading just hangs, cant even click cancel. sounds like its stuck in some sort of massive loop

Old 09-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
vartaxe

i run alll those valve steam tests and it says all is fine...
steam://support/?Issues=Connection*
steam://support/?Issues=*
steam://support/?Issues=*&Tests=Ports
steam://support/?Issues=Background*
btw:
Quote:
Dutch Telecom (Steam traffic blocked)
ISPFree (Steam traffic blocked)
TalkTalk (bandwidth throttling reduces download speeds)
Bluewin (Firewall blocks Steam from provider side - must be disabled through provider's service portal)

Old 09-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
Mark7805

Sure would be nice to have an admin on this question because you know what, I GET THIS PROBLEM TOO!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I get an error when I try and use ctrl+alt+delete saying taskmgr.exe will not load =\

Old 09-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #16
Tinned

im getting the exact same problem

anyone with a solution yet?
Tinned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #17
[FDG]Sundae

Popping in with the same problem on map changes. It pops my CPU usage up to 100% as well and freezes up the system as a result.

First map, except for Hunted (which I cannot run at all) is fine. On map change, it will go to 100% CPU and freeze up system.

That being said, Hunted will not run for me at all, whether it's an internet game or a LAN server. It freezes during the loading process every time.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM   #18
Yaesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartaxe
when i try to connect to an server with the cornfield (and with others too...) map it just wont connect... wtf!? (dustbowl for example works great...)

btw in the console it gives me no errors... just some normal warings that certainly is equal for everybody... (about valve textures support and stuff like that...)
I have EXACTLY the same issue as you vartaxe!!!!!!

Does anyone have a solution yet?

Thanks

Y

Old 09-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #19
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Well I had a problem similar to this yesterday. I didn't hang but I did load after about 5-15 minutes. I was trying to fix my server filter problem (FF not showing up in the server filter outside of game) and after I ran the Source SDK and then did the stress test I load within minutes. I'm running a slower computer so thats normal for me. Try that?
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #20
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Have any of you tried creating a listen server? Maybe some shit didn't get installed properly, and a quick reinstall would fix.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote