battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I like these rules to spawn door camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timers rules

[URL=http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/faq.php?faq=ot_faq_start[/URL]

Definition: Spawn Camping

Attack Defend maps (dustbowl style): There is no such thing as respawn camping, from either team. The entire idea of these maps is for the defending team to keep the attacking team from advancing, especially if that's out of their own respawn. Even the attacking team is allowed to hold the defending team in THEIR respawn, as if the attacking team allows that they are idiots.
CTF maps only: If a sentry is within line of site of an actual enemy respawn door, no matter how many exits, it's not good. On the defensive side, if you build items too near a respawn door the destruction of those items and the collertal damage resulting in said destruction is not respawn camping.
On maps where there is a route not in direct site of a respawn door, or multiple route like exits to a respawn "area", where the respawning team can retreat into and regroup, sentry's and attacks can be made on people leaving those tunnel areas. Attacking people IN those tunnels is not good form. An example of this would be both respawns in Casbah. The opening courtyard is free game. The entrance into the courtyards can be held, pitching stuff INTO the entrance into the courtyards can not. ie a sentry guns line of sight should be as close to a cross section to the tunnel exit as much as possible.
If someone runs away from you into their respawn they have just made that respawn an acceptable target until the individual leaves or is killed. In FF they are more then welcome to follow the offending player into their respawn and do as much damage as possible. In TF2, since they can't follow them in, they are welcome to wait for the idiot to come out. Collatoral damage in this instance is expected.
Firing out of your respawn makes your respawn door a viable target of the opposing team.
Fair and balanced.
________
Spring rifle bipod scope airsoft

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 12:10 PM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Since there are so little servers playing AvD, I just ignore players spawncamping, even if that gets me killed. I'm used to TFC .id servers rules, where you were not even allowed to enter the enemy spawn, even if you just stood there doing nothing, but I can't pretend that everyone will do the same.

Specially on ksour_classic, since the spawn points are a bit messed - you cap CP2 without supressing the Defense, then you spawn in the middle of said Defense.

On CTF I don't really care, since I play it just to pass the time =D

By the way, expect some "Their server, their rules", or even linkage to a sticky saying that issues with particular servers must be posted in those server's forums, etc.
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Touchy subject, spawncamping

It's hard to see when someone does it. Most people just lobby grenades towards the exit of the spawns and run of.

Sure, I don't like it when running out of the the spawn when a grenade explodes closeby but hell it's the game. It becomes a different story however if a demoman for example pipes up the exit and lobbies in a mirv, on occasion....
Rawh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
AlienTItWrench

this usually happens on shutdown, but i think with the majority of fighting going on at the bottom of the ramp and the ladder outside spawn. it cant be helped alot of the time!
AlienTItWrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienTItWrench View Post
this usually happens on shutdown, but i think with the majority of fighting going on at the bottom of the ramp and the ladder outside spawn. it cant be helped alot of the time!
Well when you enter the base on shutdown2 you have 2 options... left or right, if you use the right way you pass the enemy spawn... Yes, on occasions I've been in there, being pushed with a grenade or rocket... Bit odd the spawn doesn't have ceiling turrets

Old 04-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
AlienTItWrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawh View Post
Well when you enter the base on shutdown2 you have 2 options... left or right, if you use the right way you pass the enemy spawn... Yes, on occasions I've been in there, being pushed with a grenade or rocket... Bit odd the spawn doesn't have ceiling turrets
Yes and then you get stuck in there as the doors dont open for you!!

There is a 3rd and 4th way in!!! Via the underground tracks or via the battlements
AlienTItWrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
fishBurger
get off my lawn

Class/Position: O scout / demo
Gametype: killing
2Fort or SD2, sometimes you gotta kill a guy in front of the spawn, sometimes he kills you.

Aardvark offense exit - unless you're taking out vengeance on a particularly vicious sniper, you've got to reason to be up there.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #8
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

It's hilarious how snipers keep on shouting "SPAWNCAMPER!" on aardvark while they run of back into the spawn at any sign of danger

Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
battery
D&A Member

Snipers who hang out on their own conc platform are doing a disservice to their teammates. The conc platform is the launch pad for scouts. Starting a sniper war on that conc platform tends to draw fire to friendly scouts.

Seriously. Aardvark offers so many better concealments to snipers. I don't understand how pubbers insist on standing in the open.
________
Big Dick Latino

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 12:11 PM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawh View Post
It's hilarious how snipers keep on shouting "SPAWNCAMPER!" on aardvark while they run of back into the spawn at any sign of danger
This coming from the dolt who kicked me from his server for shooting the snipers hiding in the little tunnels exiting their spawn on ff_well, classifying it as 'spawn spamming', because I was firing charged rail gun shots and occasionally tossing an EMP up at them to defend myself as I crossed the map in to the enemy base.

Anywho, spawn camping would be lessened or eliminated if the staff added x-second spawn protection, where the spawn-protected player can not fire his gun or prime a grenade, nor take damage (projectiles go through him and such) until the spawn protection has worn off. To fix this becoming a problem such as "I was trying to shoot an exiting scout who had our flag but the spawn protection didn't let me fire", have the spawn-protection stop working the second the protected player DOES fire or prime a grenade.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #11
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery View Post
Fair and balanced.
Thank you.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Snipers who hang out on their own conc platform are doing a disservice to their teammates. The conc platform is the launch pad for scouts. Starting a sniper war on that conc platform tends to draw fire to friendly scouts.

Seriously. Aardvark offers so many better concealments to snipers. I don't understand how pubbers insist on standing in the open.
I couldn't agree more. In fact, it's pretty much stupid to just stand on that platform to snipe. No concealment at all.

As for spawn camping.... I will kick someone for camping the respawn exit, without an engaged target. If you die while a nade is primed, that's one thing. If you are in combat with someone, well... shit happens. I go by the same "don't go for cheap kills" rule that we use on Drippy's. Give players a fair chance to get into the field of play, and it's game on. Needless to say, I give fair warning(after making sure someone is going after cheap kills) before taking any action.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #13
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I'd like to run a server for FF one day.

My respawn-spammage policy would be:

"If you can't get your sorry ass out of a room filled with practically infinite health and ammo, then you deserve what's coming to you."

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
You've obviously never joined a server where one team has the other team trapped in respawn.
Yeah, I was able to break out eventually(took about 5 minutes of spamming and trying)... but I'm not a newbie trying the game for the first time, either. That's a great way to turn people off to a game.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Quote:

Yes, and then they make announcments like " HEY NOOB SCOUT, QUIT CONCING YOUR TEAMMATES"

If you aren't racing, get off the fucking track.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #16
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
A suggestion for lessening spawn camping - though it would only make sense on larger maps - would be to give each team multiple spawns with teleporters within each spawn (a la Openfire) to teleport to the other spawns. If someone is at one spawn tossing nades at the door, then fine, he's probably just dicking around and isn't much of a threat. However, when you have the entire enemy team at each spawn chucking nades in to it, it's obvious they have either planned this shit or are just coincidentally all being assholes and you can start dropping the banhammer.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #17
grinningmongoose

if you are getting spawn camped... learn to play better so you can kill them... no excuse for dying when you got full health and you hear the nades knock against the ground and doors... simple solution is to move back... wait for the booms... and then precede with extreme aggression.

its as bad as these people that complain about cars hitting them when they walk in the road...
grinningmongoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
grinningmongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
Yes, and then they make announcments like " HEY NOOB SCOUT, QUIT CONCING YOUR TEAMMATES"

If you aren't racing, get off the fucking track.

i didnt read your post until now haha
grinningmongoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
yeah for real.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote