Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #81
o_ghost

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The president usually dies in one shot anyway.

I'm going to assume that the auto rifle does not tag a player cause that seems like it would be far too powerful.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #82
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
hell no. the AR sucks cock atm, i hope its gonna change

Old 01-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #83
o_helier

Very nice, good to see trimping in there... and hope to see fast action movement remain in the game!

Suggestion (though you are probably are going to change it, once more pressing issues are resolved) - the infection green bubbles... maybe change more to green cloud effect like in wc3?

For the sniper tagging system, I think it's a good extra touch without making it too powerful...

Question - The legshots (slower movement) and headshots (more damage and different kill sprite) going to be adapted into the game? or just a simpler version until the above can be achieved?
o_helier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #84
BritishTang
Retired FF Staff

yeah, don't worry - the AC sound is getting a complete one over.
I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here.

-Mitch Hedberg
BritishTang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #85
o_shrine

good work, hopeully i'll have a new comp by the time it comes out, keep it up
o_shrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #86
o_neon

Cool also to see in bam that the location is in screen, it's cool that the medic infection is visible from now on...

Hey I was wondering is the location possible to get it into your text messages with %l and also see it in color like you see it in color in your hud
o_neon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #87
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helier
Question - The legshots (slower movement) and headshots (more damage and different kill sprite) going to be adapted into the game? or just a simpler version until the above can be achieved?
I don't about the sprite yet, but headshots are in, and as far as I know, so is slower movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon
Hey I was wondering is the location possible to get it into your text messages with %l and also see it in color like you see it in color in your hud
You don't see it in color in the text but it shows up in the chat. Merv and I were messing with that last night, but some of the scripts per map aren't perfected yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Also, no one answered my questions yet. ):
I don't know what question you're referring to cuz I didn't find any of yours in this thread.

You are a pirate!

Last edited by Lost; 01-05-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #88
o_uncle-argon

Fabulous!

Maybe it's just being able to see it at a slower pace, but the game seemed much smoother and more polished than the footage we saw in the dustbowl video. The whole thing looks amazingly fun to play and, providing my computer can stand up to the task, looks like it's going to be a very smooth experience.

I love the look of the double jumping, it should really add some depth to movement on offence. In TFC, once you've exhausted all of your concs, it's pretty hard as a scout to get past a decent defender in an enclosed space; this should make things a little more interesting and slightly less conc-dependent.

As far as the sniper's ability goes, I guess we'll have to experience it ourselves before we know exactly how it works. I'm not sure if you should be able to hold the target after you die, but even if this isn't the case the visible lasers and the weakened AR should mean that the sniper isn't too powerful.

Finally, the only disappointment is that the HWGuy doesn't have a moustache D:
o_uncle-argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #89
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
We can give him SOG's!

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #90
o_zippy

i really loved that update =D plenty too see and listen too cheers lads!
o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #91
o_blort

Thx for the greeeeeeeeat update, it was about time too ><

but I forgive u for u have made an uberleet movie about the gameplay
o_blort is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #92
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I'm surprised no one complained about my shit crosshairs yet
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #93
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
someone told me on msn they were a bit large. i like them though

Old 01-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #94
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
I'm surprised no one complained about my shit crosshairs yet
I thought they were cool

EDIT: question, the VOX commands. Are they the same as in TFC?

Last edited by o_nodnarb; 01-05-2007 at 03:35 PM.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #95
o_radio

fucks yeah! thank you for the update, i'm loving what i'm seeing.
o_radio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #96
o_-=shadowfox=-

Damn, if I had known I would have brought a blank cd to school and downloaded the video..CURSE YOU DIAL UP! and me living 2 miles out of town..
o_-=shadowfox=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM   #97
o_shrone

oh holy freaking crap thats amazing!! now im scratching like a meth head who needs his freaking FF omg the voice acting is great!! "Its that armor... I gotta have more!"

This is gonna be the best thing to hit in 07!!
o_shrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #98
o_spiderman

OMFGGGGG!!!
THX FOR THE UPDATES GUYS
o_spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #99
o_repeat

Few questions

1) i dunno if this was already answered/asked but...After you sabotage the SG, do you tell it WHEN to turn on everyone. That would be awesome for timing things on offence.

2) I noticed a little bar ontop of the HW's gun. Does that show the speed/how many bullets you fire? Like...if you fire long enough, you shoot as many bullets as those guys who manipulated FPS to shoot a lot.

I'm also thinking how cool these new skills will be in a match. For example...

Monkey_l
Spy - When a spy comes up from water, he won't get nailed right away.

Sniper/HW FD - Sniper could tag people on Monkey_l that the HW misses. I know i fake going water/T all the time on that map. It'd be helpful to have the scouts tagged.

and theres so much more i cant even begin to type. It's going to be wierd saying "ok, whos going to play sniper batts?" right before a match. Or "We got 1 scout and 2 meds, we need a spy"... i bet extascy is happy about that.
o_repeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #100
o_grg

That update was totally awesome! The feeling of the game is as good as TFC, and the new features fits perfectly - without taking anything, but adding stuff without fucking up the game.

I have a few (more than few) questions about what that video showed us, in order:

1. That double jump thing is really the Quake trimp? There's 3 jumps on the video, and on all of them you jump twice but use the ramp. So, from what I've seen, is it a trimp where you need one jump before? Or you could just walk on the ramp and then get an extra impulse for jumping (which is the real trimp)?

2. The burning time is the same as in TFC? Because it looked like the HW burned for a little longer than we're used to. Also would like to know if the damage from burn is higher. In other words, is pyro stronger on FF?

3. When the AC gets full warmed up, if you still hold fire it will just cool down and shoot or won't shoot at all until you release the button?

4. The sniper trace thing needs some explanation. It locks on the first person you aim or the first person you shoot? If you shoot another target, will it lock on this one? If yes, is there how to keep tracing the old target? I'm just curious here, I think it's a great (and balanced) feature for the sniper, no matter how it's going to be.

And some pertinent questions about the spy:

5. Just making sure: when you backstab one enemy, you instantly puts his clothes? Using the knife will take out your disguise (without backstabing, which will get you a new one right away)?

6. There's two types of cloak. On the silent one, you have to stand still and just get cloaked. On the regular one (you can do it moving) you fake a dead body and then cloaks. I think that there must be some way of "cloak checking" by looking into the body. Something like, you shoot the fake body and it doesn't blood (assuming it does right now), or make some different noise. Or else it'll be just too powerful, IMO. I mean, if you didn't pay attention to the frags on the corner of the screen, there'll be no way to know if he's there or not. Have you guys thought about this?

End of questions :P

Again, the game looks FANTASTIC, and all the features there, at least for me, are fitting perfectly with Fortress games, and most important, are keeping the "TFC feeling". I have to say that I was worried about the cloak idea, but it's incredible. And if you move too fast, it's easier to spot! That's just... amazing!

I hope you guys answer my questions because I'm totally motivated to get this (even will get a new PC that will handle HL2), and want to know everything about it (might be some others' questions too)!

Thanks for the update, and keeping working on FF!
o_grg is offline   Reply With Quote