D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff Boy View Post
That is exactly what I mean. No one is playing defence any more because it is not fun. The only way to dominate at FF now is for everoneon a team to play offence.

You simply have to be joking.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #43
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I just realized I never committed the default lua file stuff! HAHA
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #44
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
FUCKING FAIL DEX!!!!
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #45
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #46
Mikael_hs
Beta Tester

Affiliations: Wazzazzaza
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
You simply have to be joking.
Funny, many skillzors complain only def is fun lol
Mikael_hs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #47
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
haha dexter nice one
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #48
Puff Boy
The Original Puff Daddy

Gametype: Capture the Flag
I just left a game that was 250 to 10. How is that any fun? People on the team getting slaughtered were leaving and anyone new to join had to join the losing team. Maybe they should take away all the Engi's grenades and make FF more like TF2.

On a related note why can "cloaked" Spy's switch an Engi's gun now? Before it seemed only "disguised" Spy's could switch a gun. Did the Engi get even weaker in this release with no one mentioning it? A scout can take me out with a burst from a nail gun and now this. I gurantee none of the developers play as the Engi on a regular basis.

The only way to defend against a cloaked spy is to lob grenedes at your own gun. This is because the wrench is weaker than the knife. I have to wrench a spy 4-5 time to kill him and he only has to stab me 1-2 times. And he starts invisable! Nine games out of ten I am the only one guarding the flag. Now I have to go back to spawn and get grenades sooner. And good luck getting any team mates to help watch an Engi's gun or cover you when you build a gun. It's quicker to suicide than go back for grenades.

God forbid a Pyro or a spamming Demo come at you alone. (No need to take nades away from the overpowerd Pryo and Demo class) With two fewer EMP's I now have to prime the EMP and just run up to the Pyro or Demo and suicide.

Puffy
Puff Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #49
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
remove spy gas grens / reduce mirvs / made emps less powerfull, and now recude emps to 1 , it was fun to offie as ng in pubs and spam emps. Now : <
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #50
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff Boy View Post
I just left a game that was 250 to 10. How is that any fun? People on the team getting slaughtered were leaving and anyone new to join had to join the losing team. Maybe they should take away all the Engi's grenades and make FF more like TF2.

On a related note why can "cloaked" Spy's switch an Engi's gun now? Before it seemed only "disguised" Spy's could switch a gun. Did the Engi get even weaker in this release with no one mentioning it? A scout can take me out with a burst from a nail gun and now this. I gurantee none of the developers play as the Engi on a regular basis.

The only way to defend against a cloaked spy is to lob grenedes at your own gun. This is because the wrench is weaker than the knife. I have to wrench a spy 4-5 time to kill him and he only has to stab me 1-2 times. And he starts invisable! Nine games out of ten I am the only one guarding the flag. Now I have to go back to spawn and get grenades sooner. And good luck getting any team mates to help watch an Engi's gun or cover you when you build a gun. It's quicker to suicide than go back for grenades.

God forbid a Pyro or a spamming Demo come at you alone. (No need to take nades away from the overpowerd Pryo and Demo class) With two fewer EMP's I now have to prime the EMP and just run up to the Pyro or Demo and suicide.

Puffy
I'm thoroughly convinced this account is a troll.

Oh, and squeek (Pretty much THE developer) plays engy all the time, and he's quite proficient with the railgun. Sounds to me like you just need to learn to not suck.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #51
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

brb judging the balance of the game/class based entirely on secondary grenades

Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #52
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
PROTIP: Engineers have a super shotgun.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 02-28-2010 at 05:34 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #53
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
The Engineer also has fragmentation grenades. EMP grenades were never intended to be used on single targets. They are opportunistic grenades that you chuck when there's a firefight and want to take out a few people. Instead, they act now as amped up fragmentation grenades. I say make them drain armor and sap ammunition/cells instead of dealing damage. Maybe the Engineer can get some cells for the damage he deals.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #54
elwood
el duke.

Class/Position: spy evryfring & med.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I say make them drain armor and sap ammunition/cells instead of dealing damage. Maybe the Engineer can get some cells for the damage he deals.

smartest idea to spew from you that i actually like. this might be something worthwhile to beta test in the near future.
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #55
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

Yeah I like that idea too.
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #56
Ventry(Leo Wainker)
D&A Member

Gametype: Capture the Flag
People keep saying the sentry is not supposed to be a single solution defense.
True.

However neither is offense supposed to be a single solution either but, that is what is happening.

Yesterday played FF Engy and a single medic was easily able to beat me my gun and the soldier with me.

While this medic had "mad skillzzzz" the thing that pissed me off is that the sentry gun never touched him no matter where I put it.
The only time it laid a bullet on him was when the soldier managed to knock him off course.

I played TFC after that and the difference was STAGGERING.
In TFC the medics and scouts require the assistance of back up offensive classes to get by sentries.

In TFC medics and scouts have to be cautious around sentries.

In FF medics and scouts don't give a shit if a sentry is around as they can solo conc up to them and nail them most of the time not taking an ounce of damage doing it.

As always this is my opinion only. There will be others that will disagree which is their right.
Ventry(Leo Wainker) is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #57
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
I'm thoroughly convinced this account is a troll.

Oh, and squeek (Pretty much THE developer) plays engy all the time, and he's quite proficient with the railgun
Could be, the join date and lack of any post history is suspicious along with no introduction. Also I honestly don't understand what he's talking about with regards to the spy. Is there a way to do an IP check to see if it's the same as another user? Regardless, the engy does have balance problems though even if this guy isn't communicating it very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
Sounds to me like you just need to learn to not suck.
And that's NOT trolling? Feel free to ignore the TFC comparisons and how one side is getting nerfed across the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventry(Leo Wainker)
As always this is my opinion only. There will be others that will disagree which is their right.
True, but there's quantitative stuff to point to as well. TFC sentries have more push, do more damage, block splash damage for the engineer, usually have better lockon times, have lockon hold times, plus TFC units have lower speeds, giving them more time to get a hold. So it's not just your opinion, things have literally changed to weaken him.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 03-01-2010 at 12:41 AM.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #58
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka View Post
you can't, i never said that. however if the engineer and his SG are alone, then of course it will be easier, regardless of changes we make.
The SG is a complete joke. It's a piece of shit. Any body who is decent at concing can easily bypass a SG. They just completely ignore it.
No, the SG doesn't have to have God Like push, but it needs more, and the aiming of it is also rubbish.

I do agree a Engy should not be able to shut out 1 scout/1 medic by himself. Unless he is better then both. But they should look at the engy and go, haha it's an engy, let's poke and make fun of his cigar smoking ass.

I could make a huge rant on the Bag droppings, but I'll just laugh.

Emps? Yes, they are spammed to hell and back by stupid Engys, but so are pyro's secondary, they just suck balls, easier to avoid. They shouldn't completely wtfpwn everything. A lot of pubbers do not dropped there bags anyway

Quote:
PROTIP: Engineers have a super shotgun.
And? Engy's have the railgun 2bounce that off something most people will go, oh shit.

Overall the engy is weak as shit.

Different Topic:
Seeing Enemy Health? I don't mind it, but it does make easier now. How? Scout is coming around a corner, he sees a solly, prehealth seeing he either one tried to breakdance around him(Fuckin' Exp.) or go a different route. He had no way if they solly had 2% or 100%. Now he points at him and goes, oh he has 2% let me kill him.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #59
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
And that's NOT trolling? Feel free to ignore the TFC comparisons and how one side is getting nerfed across the board.
Is it trolling if it's true? I see people who suck at the game complain all the time. It's hard to make a value judgment about a game when you suck at it. Ergo, how can you accurately judge the balance of a game when you don't play it properly?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #60
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Is it trolling if it's true? I see people who suck at the game complain all the time. It's hard to make a value judgment about a game when you suck at it. Ergo, how can you accurately judge the balance of a game when you don't play it properly?
I hear what you're saying. You're right about that, I remember being driven nuts in the past seeing a post about someone who admitted to only playing scout complain about how difficult sg's are to kill. In this case, you're probably justified afterall given the quality of that guy's post.

What's annoying is when the lack-of-skill argument is used to cover up legitimate shortcomings of the game that are listed in detail; especially when the person pointing out the problem is experienced and has played for years. I've seen that happen a lot in the forums. I initially thought that's what you were doing, but after reading this guy's post more closely, I see what you mean.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote