Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -pF-
Without getting into the debate here, i just want to tell the creator of the map that, well, it's awesome. That is all.
Agreed.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #22
Nezumi
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: Soldier, O
Gametype: Doubble Mode
Affiliations: Cassiotone Nation
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Disagreed.

Sorry, but I saw 'congestus' in the threat title and had to troll.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #23
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
you don't like cong? why?
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
FADE-EE

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
lets get a few things straight-

1. this game is NOT based upon primary nades, though many people PLAY like it is. Using a grenade against everything is usually the sign of someone who cant play their class correctly
2. adding "2 grens or 1 primary" to a bag is utterly useless, plus i think tfc did it that way. On an infinitely respawning, and extremely quickly respawning bag, why do that?
3.Congestus has never been about dming for o, why would it be now?
4.Who uses an engy for congestus, honestly.
FADE-EE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #25
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I've given up arguing this because nobody seems to be able to read. Everyone's responses to "Using a grenade at every enemy" didn't spend the time to read the post, pretty lazy if you ask me. When I clearly stated my arguement as being after successive enemy runs 3-4+.

People whine and bitch about loosing fortress points for switching classes or teams. Well suiciding every 3-4 runs is pretty lame too. This game WAS designed with the use of primary grenades, anyone who says differently I challenge you to unbind your +gren button or your toggleone button, and play as efficiently as you did before.

I don't know a single player who doesn't use grenades in their strategy for defense or offense, and it's ludacris to argue otherwise.

All this bitching about TF2 having no grenades, and that this is what made TFC and all TF games the way they are, the grenades + the class system. Now people argue the game wasn't designed for it? rofl make up your minds.

So I ask you, what's the point of giving anyone grenades, if they're expected to play the rest of that character's life without any after they use them up? Seriously just spawn everyone without them on that map, just give the concs to medics/scouts, because seriously after 3-4 offensive runs that's what the encounters are, only offense is still 2 up on defense with their consistent resupply upon death, atleast make it fair and make it 0 nades to 0 nades per run.

Can't wait for 2.0 when the jump pad comes into effect, you're gonna get heavier offensive classes running up against nadeless defense. You think O HW's are annoying now, how about an O heavy that has 2 mirvs 2 nades after each death, and since scouts are abundant on that map I'm sure jump pads could be created a pleanty.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #26
Darkness
Darkness24713/Another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
People whine and bitch about loosing fortress points for switching classes or teams. Well suiciding every 3-4 runs is pretty lame too. This game WAS designed with the use of primary grenades, anyone who says differently I challenge you to unbind your +gren button or your toggleone button, and play as efficiently as you did before.
You dont ever have to use nades on congestus at all. Congestus is to fast pace for a d player to prime a nade. If your playing in a pub then try league style cause Congestus is a league map you will see the difference. The only time i ever see nades being used is by offence that are trying to take down SG's.
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #27
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
You dont ever have to use nades on congestus at all
So remove them all then with that logic there's no reason for nades anyways. If all grenades are used for are to take down pesky sg's just force O to go to a stronger class like demo/solly/spy to tackle the sg's. Mulching is non existance in congestus it seems.

And I have played pickups, and other than 1 or 2 special cases, both offensive teams cap the flag almost non stop, infact I see less capping in pubs because there's more chaos happening.

Sometimes a team will have a strong defense, and a weak offense up against them and then they shut them out. But if by all accounts congestus isn't meant to mulch ie: not meant to kill anyone then just remove the nades all together. Would definately help defense with keeping their sg's up and slow down those fast relay cappers.

Or is congestus just designed to be a cap race? Offense vs Offense in capping with defense trying to run as much "intereference" as possible instead of actual defense.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #28
FADE-EE

noone uses a sentry on congestus..

and yes congestus is an o friendly map, a "caprace" if you must. you obviously only see one side (the defensive side) of the arguement

about the jump pad....do you really think a scout would stop to place one on such a fast paced map when med/scout is pretty much the only o on this map? any other o is next to worthless

Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #29
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADE-EE
noone uses a sentry on congestus..

and yes congestus is an o friendly map, a "caprace" if you must. you obviously only see one side (the defensive side) of the arguement

about the jump pad....do you really think a scout would stop to place one on such a fast paced map when med/scout is pretty much the only o on this map? any other o is next to worthless
The map design is what makes congestus an "o friendly map" because the flag room is wide open, has 4 entrances all perfect locations as conc staging points, plus a concer gets to the enemy base within 3 beeps upon spawning. That's why it's an O friendly map, but why do the rules within the map have to enforce that even more? Why give more advantages to the O and detriment the D further beyond the map layout.

I play both offense and defense, infact I prefer offense, but yes on this map my arguement is for the defensive side because I'm actually a person that looks at all sides and recognizes an unfairness to one side. It's just like session, my god that map is nearly undefendable, not because of the layout, but because defense has two packs close to the flag that don't even supply enough metal for a full sg upgrade, don't supply enough ammo for a HW, don't supply enough hp/ac, and defense can't even go to their respawn to resupply. It's an extreme example of an amazingly designed map without enough items for defense to handle the speed and pace of the game. Congestus isn't this extreme, but there is definately an inbalance for defense.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #30
FADE-EE

so its okay to not complain about EVERY OTHER MAP IN EXSISTENCE which are d sided, but the one map where the o can actually have fun and the amount score is over 10 caps for each team...you complain.

yup...

Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #31
Hammock
D&A Member

Can't complain about D heavy maps because it's generally the map layout that causes the preference to D, like lots of choke points here and there, changing that would mean changing the map design completely.

Complaining about an inbalance because utilities are one sided is perfectly justifiable since it's not a question of map layout, it's telling people if you play offense you're always gonna have grenades, if you play defense you better not like having them because you won't unless you like to suicide a lot.

I would totally bitch and complain about a map that had a pack that supplied full grenades, armor, hp, ammo that sat next to the flag, and refreshed every 10 seconds. Because it wouldn't be a map layout inbalance it would be a utility inbalance.