Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #41
o_paft

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
How does that make TFC bollocks? :S
Via teleporters, which also makes it easier for erecting things in the opposing teams battlements. Result bollocks.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #42
o_nezumi

Paft have you ever even played TFC? It doesn't sound like it. I think you just heard some people say they don't like teleporters and now you want to impress them.

You gotta be your own man Paft. Be true to your self.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #43
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Vendicator is right, its not universally the same. I don't know the specifics because I'm not a programmer but speed determines how high you jump. And it kills your bhop when you do a doublejump because it sacrifices speed for jump height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
Engineers capturing the flag.
You can still cap with the engy, he's so much fun to play now.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #44
o_paft

Yeah Nezumi I'm some youth who doesn't know any better, just following the trends and crouds trying to fit in and look cool.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #45
o_nezumi

See? Admitting it is the first step towards getting help.

@lost: If the double jump is off a ramp, can't you rampslide to convert that height back into speed?
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #46
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Don't know Nez, most pr0 moves are beyond me, said the average TF player.

I ate a stick!

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #47
o_paft

I LOVE THOSE GOD DAMN TELEPORTERS! OHH I FEEL BETTER.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #48
o_player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
Via teleporters, which also makes it easier for erecting things in the opposing teams battlements. Result bollocks.
What do you expect when all you do is play on public servers? People play for fun on public servers, not to own eachother.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #49
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJester
I don't post much.
But I think this requires one.

What he said about the 2fort ramps is completely true. PHISH, you know as well as I that gold people perfect almost every movement out there.
I am only really concerned about match play for this game, and I personally think it will hurt that. That is a good five seconds shaved off reset time on 2fort. I'm sorry, but that is too much.
No- what he said about the 2fort ramps is completely untrue. Everyone still uses the ramps, both for fighting and for movement. Not everything is cause for doomsday alarms- it doesn't play out like you seem to imagine.

And 5 seconds? Assuming the medic was in the position where that move takes place, the difference would be 2 seconds tops, and only if they killed the defender. Second, there is a lip that sticks out so the move is actually difficult because you'll hit your head on it, even for top players. Consistency is king at the 'top level'. Thirdly, the defender can use the same move to be back in that commanding position faster..."that's 5 seconds of reset time for the defense!"

You can also use a trimp midway up that ramp and curl around to halfway of the floating walkway.

People will have to make small adjustments in how they defend it, if at all. From my pov any new things you got to take into account is good. People will adapt to the new challenges.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #50
o_smiler :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISH
No- what he said about the 2fort ramps is completely untrue. Everyone still uses the ramps, both for fighting and for movement. Not everything is cause for doomsday alarms- it doesn't play out like you seem to imagine.

And 5 seconds? Assuming the medic was in the position where that move takes place, the difference would be 2 seconds tops, and only if they killed the defender. Second, there is a lip that sticks out so the move is actually difficult because you'll hit your head on it, even for top players. Consistency is king at the 'top level'. Thirdly, the defender can use the same move to be back in that commanding position faster..."that's 5 seconds of reset time for the defense!"

You can also use a trimp midway up that ramp and curl around to halfway of the floating walkway.

People will have to make small adjustments in how they defend it, if at all. From my pov any new things you got to take into account is good. People will adapt to the new challenges.

It wont take people long to master it, if its possible. Soon everyone will do it. Haha, I think we should change the models to somthing like this

Since that would look more.. 'right'. B'cause its not very natural to be able to jump continuosly on 2 legs.
o_smiler :) is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #51
o_psycnet

Well when we're talking about a game where you fire rockets at your feet and survive, double jumping isn't terribly far fetched.

From what I've gathered (by actually reading what the dev's tell us):

Think of it as real life, and you are running quickly towards an inclined plane of say, 45 degrees, you jump about a foot before the bottom with a forward velocity of something like 20 kph, tuck slightly in the air and thrust off the balls of your feet in a more lateral motion once striking the incline. Your velocity will be translated in a more vertical direction, rather than horizontal, the increased height of the plane will increase your jump, and some of the previously mentioned forward (horizontal) velocity will be transferred by physics into your vertical velocity.

So really, double jumping isn't all that huge of a stretch
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #52
o_chu

i think adding trimping is one of the greatest ideas in FF. it's going to add an entirely new level to both match-play and concmaps and tricking.
o_chu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 PM   #53
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Yes, it does. It pwns.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #54
o_mrmojo

here's a question: have you done anything with "surfing" in the maps? It would be cool to conc onto a ramp and then surf, still going that fast, across to somewhere.
o_mrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #55
o_soundchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler :)
It wont take people long to master it, if its possible. Soon everyone will do it. Haha, I think we should change the models to somthing like this

Since that would look more.. 'right'. B'cause its not very natural to be able to jump continuosly on 2 legs.
HAHAHAHHAHA....BRAVO!!!!

That would be funny as hell.

I concur with you. If you're going to allow bunny hopping then you might aswell put a spring on the damn characters.
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 AM   #56
o_saberwolf

Whats the double jump animation gonna look like? Just a sudden jolt or something? I say that the 2nd jumps animation should be an exolsion of gas from the models ass and then is thrusted upward. With a loud farting sound.
o_saberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #57
o_paft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
What do you expect when all you do is play on public servers? People play for fun on public servers, not to own eachother.
It's only a game so I'm not talking as though it's serious business but I can still find it silly. If you are going to attack at least pick a suitable class for there own benefit, but if that's how a person wants to play then that's perfectly fine with me.

Last edited by o_paft; 02-13-2007 at 09:33 AM.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #58
o_rannibunny

I want to translate, I want to translate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazmo
one thing his sure bhop is not realy a good thing did you guy play in a league match
trust me those game were so boring when many ppl was bhoping
there is no point playing defense since offense his getting back too fast it just mess up with the gameplay

and another thing that its mess up im thinking of ppl using willTFC speedhack and jump all the time pretending they are bhopping
you guy have to wake this only give them a pretxt to pretend they are not
bhop is fun but just in pub

Did you ever play in a league match? If so, you _will_ agree that bunnyhop isn't a good thing for a very apparent reason: Boredom!
Trust me, league matches are very boring when a lot of people bunnyhop since the defense has to kill a whole bunch of "zerging" attackers which, of course, has nothing to do with what CTF is all about.

There's also the danger of speedcheaters, wittily disguising their improved rate of fire by jumping all the time and therefore having a good excuse for... well... the shorter amount of time they are airborne? Nah, the speed of course!

Gibberish.

My conclusion is that bunnyhopping is fun, but only on public servers.
o_rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #59
o_rizzo

lol
o_rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #60
o_exoronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazmo
one thing his sure bhop is not realy a good thing did you guy play in a league match
trust me those game were so boring when many ppl was bhoping
there is no point playing defense since offense his getting back too fast it just mess up with the gameplay

and another thing that its mess up im thinking of ppl using willTFC speedhack and jump all the time pretending they are bhopping
you guy have to wake this only give them a pretxt to pretend they are not
bhop is fun but just in pub

can you call me one serious war where they dont bhop ?

like everybody said , deal with it

be happy they putted a cap on it.

few years back on monkey , when prematch ended , 3-4 secs later the enemy was in your flagroom

Last edited by o_exoronic; 02-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.
o_exoronic is offline   Reply With Quote