Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 AM   #1
o_general levy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
PGR3 Help Pls!

o rly? yah rly

I got this game (along with PDZ and CoD2) for my 360 which FINALLY arrived last week. JOY!

The online integration in this game is just fucking astounding. It beats anything on the PC in terms of how seamlessly the online features integrate into the game...

Anyway, as its the first racing car game i've ever seriously sat down to try and play im pretty crap at it - does anyone have any tips for someone who would be a lot better off in a Lada?

Ive just about conquered Her Majesty's Pleasure (the first London circuit) in the Enzo with a 1:00:98 which puts me in League 3. However, I just cant get the consistency in the online races and always seem to lose th backend on the corners.

Cheers!
o_general levy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
o_frenchtoast

Fuck the Enzo. It sucks ass. Buy the Ultima GTR.

Also, don't try to drift. Really slow down before the turn and take it sharp.

What's your Live Tag? Mine is French n Toasty. We should race some time.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2006, 02:42 AM   #3
o_general levy

what about the F50 GT ... i just love the sound it makes - hey ill add you in a little while i might be having a blast...no promises thou cos its late over here

Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 AM   #4
o_frenchtoast

The problem with the F50 GT is that it's so hard to keep in control. For a racing car you want goood acceleration and top speed but bad drifting. Once you take a turn on the F50, you go all to hell.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 AM   #5
o_general levy

thats for class B cars right?

Old 03-08-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
o_frenchtoast

I know the Ultima GTR is a class B. I usually sort 'em by manufacturer though, so I don't know what many of the classes are.

For a good all 'round car the Mclaren F1 or Palmer/Jaguar F1ish car are good.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
o_three_gunn

for online races/kudos points..try practicing urban races with a d class like the tvr segaris. i got used to drifting with it pretty quickly. for class a cars..i love the lamb murcielago. its acceleration out of turns is pretty damn good but what i love the most about it is its handling at top speed...no speed wiggles. also..if you havent already...practice manual transmission. its the only way to go if you want to beat gold and platinum levels and if you want to succeed in online races. so ive heard...im still working on the silver trophies. add me and we'll game sometime. user name: three gunn
o_three_gunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 AM   #8
o_frenchtoast

I sent an invite your way three_gunn. Levy, what's your tag? And anyone else on here with one, tell me and we should get together. Brendon, you've got one, right?

Also, anyone know how to put music from my mp3 player onto the HDD? Or can I only do that from CD's? Because the music that coms with PGR sucks.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:01 AM   #9
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I suck at racing games.

I did, however, have a lot of fun racing the Grand Canyon track in GT4 with an original Model T.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:07 AM   #10
o_yomamashouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Brendon, you've got one, right?
Indeed, it's Oddnerd. I havent been on for a long time because i got bored of halo2 and dont have anything else thats good for live. Once i get a 360 i will start coming on though.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 AM   #11
o_frenchtoast

Yar. I've only got PGR3 and Halo 2 (original Xbox) but my dads lookin for some new games, so I'll probably end up with Amped 3 within the week.

I've played a bit of Halo, but it's obnoxious how terrible I am at it. I end up just deathmatching with Sanborn and my dad 'cause we're so used to PC's, and having to aim with your thumb is awkward.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:22 AM   #12
o_yomamashouse

I am good at those games but am nothing really amazing. Some of the guys in my clan get 28 - 2 in some of their better online games because its the only game they play.
The 4 of us should go mess shit up sometime on live.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
o_three_gunn

whats up frenchy...got your invite. we'll defintitely hit up some online races...do you have 360 headset? not really needed for PGR3 but inbetween races can get boring and depending on what kind of race we run..we could find ourselves sitting there till the race is over...so chit chattin it up with others helps. amped 3 i really liked. a lot of people say if you're a diehard 'trickey' fan..then you wont like amped cause of the feel of its controls. i wasnt..so i immediately fell in love with it..from its quirkey, robot chicken-like cut scenes and story line to its soundtrack (a lot better than what PGR 3) has to offer. oh yeah..and if you've got an ipod..you can easily stream that while you play PGR3..if you have the harddrive..you can stream the music that came with that too. just tap the 'X' button in the middle of the controller to access the dashboard..select the source..and stream. im not always online most weekends.but i am during the weekdays. mamas/oddnerd..ill send you an invite later today.

Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
o_frenchtoast

Yar, the premium set that I got came with a headset. Plus I finally found the settings for ingame music, and I stream it off my mp3 player.

Just got NHL 2k6, that's good fun

Old 03-14-2006, 05:01 AM   #15
o_three_gunn

nice...and the next game that should be on your radar is Blazing Angels. that game looks crazzeee... there are a couple others i know that will be getting it so coop missions here we come!