Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
biohaZ

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
biohaZ [AMA] 2016

I played TFC from around 1999-2007. I was a giant clan whore and immature. I main’d soldier. My most notable clans were |{, TTK, DO, r. I was also a top DM soldier the last few years I played. I miss TFC

My FF career started late. I wish I could have experienced the first 2 years of the games release(was that FF’s peak?). I started playing in 2009, right around when 2.4 was released. I adjusted really easily, and I consider myself to be one of the top players to play FF. I consider my main soldier, but I think I could play any class at the highest level. I would say my greatest FF moment would be being the first team(oblivion) to beat teamfail after they were undefeated for over 2+ years.

I was bored.

You can reach me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/bbiohaz

Ask me Anything!

biohaZ

Last edited by biohaZ; 07-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.
biohaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
hadez
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
other than boredom what made you keep playing FF as long as you did?

Also, what was your favorite patch of the game.(if you cant remember numbers then maybe say what features the patch had)
hadez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2016, 10:49 PM   #3
biohaZ

Hi hadeZ

I played FF/TFC because I enjoy competitive games. I would probably continue to play both if they were still competitive.

Hmmm.. I'm not sure what patch number, but probably the one right before overpressure was added.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #4
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Who are you?
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Wow, I'd like to thank you for giving me this amazing opportunity.

What got you into TFC?
Did you like it right away or take time to get into?
Why didn't you make the move to FF sooner?
Do you really think everyone lagging around like noobs is a great moment?!!

FF's peak? The future is yet to come

Old 07-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #6
biohaZ

Hi cae, you are one of my FF hero's.

I enjoyed all the fast paced shooters that came out around that time(QTF, Unreal tournament). I played half life as well and when I heard about TFC I was hooked!

I loved it right away but I was quite the noob when I started. I was really into pub sniper clans, {ES}MaD_sNiPeR is a clan I remember haha(WON days). Once I saw the skill involved in each class I was even more hooked. I still remember studying and spectating all the really good players!

When FF/TF2 was released it was right around when I finished high school. I was out being a real lifer. I remember trying TF2 for the first time at a buddies house and I just dominated pubs my first time playing, it was actually quite the turn off.

It's my most memorable moment, is that better?

Old 08-09-2016, 04:56 AM   #7
InternalChi

Class/Position: Any
Gametype: 1v1 dm , capture the flag , fps shooter
Affiliations: Flawles$styles #styles irc east gamesnet or gamesurge. Who remembers?? Lol
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
Biohaz,love u bro...yes he was a top dm soldier too. I read some blatant lies on here. Someone claiming the created and owned flawless styles. You know that was me, and we had the best 1v1 soldiers around. Nobody could touch us...I could go down the list... we know em tho...anyone that was a #styles member.....u can definately claim your props. Even after all the other guilds fell, we wound up with the VD members and OD members. Yea I dissappeared for years, but u guys kept it up and running... what happened to DuM? I first met him, I rocked his world...6 months down the line, that nigga never missed lol...I was better at first...then I think he got better than me......I would go away for months or years at a time and try to jumps back in with u pro hoes and got beat up for a bit...it comes back like riding a bike... we were like top in the world 1v1 dm mulchers....underrated.
I remember being so good, I could toss a nade high in the air and strafe toward the player I was fighting and force him to go where I wanted and hit em with a rocket nade split as it came down..while having a second one primed with the follow up split....if they didn't die...crowbar. at one point in my prime, I could stand still and hit people with rocket grenade combos at long range from the start....they couldn't get close to me.....they try to bhop around and rockets were on point.
(I was able to do this at a low sensitivity on a ball mouse, once I turned the sensitivity up I couldn't aim long range as good but u need this for real maps and bhopping in game. ...I don't wanna toot my own horn but I perfected the rocket nade split concept......then I went to prison..lol stopped playing...played cs.....I'd take 3 or 4 years breaks....after that, I wasn't as good as I was in my prime.......biohaz, in his prime...was a beast too. I found out people were trying so hard to be a good mulcher...there was some people using global timers.(if u don't know what that is.m..its a cheat grenade click sound replacement. When u primed ur nade, it would count down....but u could hear your enemies name timer too! I was script free until everyone was script whores..... I only used basic...auto reload and jump wait

Last edited by InternalChi; 08-09-2016 at 05:17 AM.
InternalChi is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.