Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #41
saltydog

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yes 2 thumbs up!!! Very good job on the game and the maps.
Although I was getting destroyed (just like I used to in TFC) I was having a blast.

I still can't believe how good some of you people are at this game.
saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #42
SomeOldGuy
older than dirt

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
If this is the SD that I know... Hey there Salty!
SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #43
Faster than you

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I'm very impressed, wonderful job. This is, the multiplayer game of the year for me as of now. It's everything I hoped for and hyped myself up for and more.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #44
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Bump.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #45
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

The Official 'Thank The Devs For An Awesome Job' Thread

This is a thread just to say THANK YOU Devs for all the hard work.

From the [AE] Clan.http://www.asseater.org

Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #46
NoComply

I'll second that!
NoComply is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #47
strikerman

It took a while to get it to work, but it was well worth it!
This game is a true successor to TFC. Everything about it that I've experienced is true to the old game.
Job well done, and wait well worth it!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #48
Alcohol

Thanx FF's team

Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #49
Analog-Man

Had to post my thanks as well. Awesome job! I put in quite a few hours over the weekend and had a blast, definately brought back memories.

Still suprises me when I see negative comments in game chat - don't understand them other than maybe they had never played a TF game before. I still get a kick out of the rag-doll effects and fire a rocket into corpses every now and then for the fun of it.

Maps are awesome. I love the new Aardvark map and I really like the changes to the center portion of crossover2, really adds a new dimension to the map. I did have trouble with the water entrance being on the opposite sied of the flag room, but got used to it after a couple of rounds.

Dustbowl is simply incredible, I love the new theme and changes that were put in place. Still need to spend more time on this map and re-learn the best way around. I see offenses having trouble being over-run on the 3rd stage and having trouble getting anywhere, even after the initial break-through, but I assume everyone is still learning so it should even out eventually.

So, excellent job and thanks for the awesome mod, I can guarantee that FF will get a good chunck of my play time even after TF2 is out.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #50
barronofhellion

i really cant stop saying how great this mod is , and not only that but how much potential it has, this is the 1st release ppl , and while a few people are having computer related issues with ff , i have not had any major problems, i sometimes get droped from the server without notice but retry is a fast thing to get u back into the action, again ff dev's great work
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #51
Phantom Spiker

yea im pretty much hooked...never really cared for TFC, but im loving this!
Phantom Spiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #52
ClangClangBoom

HOLY BALLS. the mod is great. I'm actually glad I waited for it. Unlike any other game that has upset me in the past, this mod did not. Plays how I would expect. Thank you almighty devs!
ClangClangBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #53
punk

Congrats on a great mod, and thank you very much. Been looking for a good fortress based mod since q3f b1h, and I believe this will be it. Has a few issues that need to be worked out, but so far it's outstanding!

Thanks!
punk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #54
Hogmeister

i havent yet made a thank you post, but i figured i would. i've been a very fond player of team fortress since QWTF but not in the clan scene, i just love the pub scene for various reasons. its fun and fantastic to be back into a team fortress game, last one i played w/ any sort of love was q3f and i got to say, i was worried about going from q3f to FF being FF is more of a "TFC" based mod that i wasnt a hugefan of. but damn does FF play good to me, i love it.

thanks to you devs, awesome job and please keep this mod going no matter what valve does w/ TF2!!
Hogmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 AM   #55
Wile E Coyote

This is my second post.

In my first post here I stated some reservations about my expectations for FF after seeing one of the "gameplay" videos. Well I am back to say that I am overwhelmed that the real gameplay looks nothing like that video did. This mod plays just like old TFC which I played until my fingers bled. This is a very professional, top-notch mod that really stays true to the roots of it's predecessor. It's like stepping in a time capsule back 8 years. Most of the small additions I think are awesome. If I were to try and find something to whine about, I guess it would have to be the Heavy/overheat thingy which seems kinda pointless in it's current config to be honest; I know it was an attempt to put some sort of skill factor into the class

Top notch work people. Even the sounds! I am truly impressed. Thankyou.
Wile E Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 AM   #56
barronofhellion

wile: the point is when held down and it gets to the top of the rotation speed, it hurts them more but if your not perfict at holding it at that temp, then it shuts down and whomever you were just aiming at is very very upset with you
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 AM   #57
Flak

Thank you so much! I"m really having a blast playing.

Awesome work

Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 AM   #58
Wile E Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by barronofhellion
wile: the point is when held down and it gets to the top of the rotation speed, it hurts them more but if your not perfict at holding it at that temp, then it shuts down and whomever you were just aiming at is very very upset with you
Yes, I know, and just about everyone seems to have already figured it out and perfected it after 1 minute as an HWGuy, hence my comment it seems pretty pointless
Wile E Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #59
CaptScum
RTFM cSm-

Send a message via MSN to CaptScum
I haven't played TFC in years, but i've been following this mod silently, and now that it's released; it's awesome!

I found it relatively easy to pick up my old TFC knowledge and begin playing the game/levels.

Thanks alot!
CaptScum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #60
NewKleer

after playing TF2 (what a letdown that was, although its far superious in FPS stability than FF), i had to come back here and say fuck you guys rock! after playing tfc for so long, i cant stand the clunky shoot and giggle of TF2, glad there is a "real" TF mod for now and the future!
NewKleer is offline   Reply With Quote