Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 03-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Vicious
Nothing left to believe in

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Some Vicious Predictions

Like the pun? Vicious predictions, as though they are harsh? Also my name being Vicious? Oh I crack myself up. Anyways, here's Preseason week 1:

AE [0-0] (L) vs. eO [0-0] (W)
I'm gonna put this one close, though I think that AE's offense could be the deciding factor, I'm still gonna give it to eO by no more than 5 caps total.

sYn [1-0] (W) vs SNAFU [0-1] (L)
This one's already said and done. sYn picked up the first win in the UGC on 3/1/08. On behalf of everyone on sYn, GG SNAFU

fx [0-0] (W) vs shit [0-0] (L)
I've heard shit is the new team to watch, but fx has been the team to watch for quite some time now. Sorry shit, you're gonna have to prove me wrong. fx by 10 caps total.

goodfellas [0-0] (L) vs kbn [0-0] (W)
This one seems to be the one that everyone wants to see, and goodfellas with their ungodly large 160 slot hltv, have delivered. The rumor going around though is that KBN disbanded. Is this some sort of marketing ploy to get more people into it? I hope so. Despite goodfellas previous unbeaten record, I'm gonna have to say they might be a little rusty and Ghostbuster runs a talented and well-practiced team. Call me crazy, but if this match goes down I call it close, with KBN coming out victorious by no more than 5 caps total.

TDA [0-0] (W) vs. . o ` [0-0] (L)
I'm gonna have to ride the TDA bandwagon with this one, as (sadly) I know neither team. Both are TFC imports (or so I'm told) and it should be good for them to get a feel of FF. I call it somewhat close, maybe 6 caps seperating them. Hell, it could go to sudden death overtime for all I know.

REGULAR SEASON FINALS:

If you didn't know, there's a 12 week regular season following the 3 week preseason. This is (roughly) how I think it'll play out:

1.) fx [10-2]
This is a veteran team that's well practiced together and I think they'll jump out of the gate early and never lose steam.

2.) KBN [9-3]
If KBN stays together, they're not an easy team to beat. Also a well practiced group.

3.) Goodfellas [8-4]
Yeah. I know. Goodfellas are supposed to be the best, right? Well I think the time they've spent away will haunt them early in the season, but they'll greatly pick up steam after the first couple of weeks. Look for them as my *potential* playoff winner when that time of the year comes around.

4.) sYn [8-4]
The Dragon Syndicate is HIGHLY underrated (says one of their founders) and understandably so. Errors have been made in scrims that they played and there have been some reported scuffles from inside the organization. I still hold them a force to be reckoned with and place them in the top 5.

5.) TDA [7-5]
An import clan that will surely figure out all the tricks of the trade quickly, but I think scheduling issues will ultimately screw them. I see them playing goodfellas or fx after every win they pick up and this'll be a funky year for them. Once again, watch them for my postseason picks.

6.) SNAFU [6-6]
SNAFU will be a cusp team for the playoffs. Another import from TFC, I think they'll also need an adjustment window for the first 1/4 of the season. After that I see a turn around.

7.) shit [6-6]
I'm told this is a team to watch. I'm also told they barely have the minimum requirements for a roster. I think this will plague them for the first half of the season and they will eventually move up into playoff contention.

8.) AE [4-8]
This is the one that could prove me wrong (in my mind). From everything I've heard they're shakey but from all the players I know I can't tell why.

9.) eO [4-8]
eO may have formed a little late in the game. Though they do have some high quality players, I don't know if they have enough practice behind them to start off on a good foot.

10.) .o` [unknown]
No offense, I know absolutely nothing about you, which may be good for your cause. I've heard you're an import but that's about it.

That's how I look at it from preseason week 1!
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
I like em, but disagree calling us rusty. Most of our players have picked up the game already and are ready to take down the brick walls. We've been practicing and are once again well organized.

As for the season results, I believe TDA will be higher in the ladder with us, them being one spot behind us for #1.
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Vicious

We'll see buddy . Like I said, maps, times practiced, and talent all went into my thoughts. I meant no disrespect to anyone and I think my explanations are pretty self-explanatory. Anyways everyone else has you ranked 1st so I HAD to be the odd man out.

Don't underestimate fx and sYn broh.... beware the grooooove

Old 03-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
I have high expectations out of Orbital

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
Vicious

o' is orbital? So that's who they are.

Still know nothing about them

Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
GhostBuster
SHUT UP AND SWALLOW

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=13181 there u have some info
GhostBuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Titan`

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
nice predictions ^.^
Titan` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Vicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBuster
That they have a kick-ass banner? I already knew that . I don't know their players, style, or anything else is what I meant.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
Vicious

AE vs eO

FINAL: 100-80 AE Wins

Ok. I was off by ALOT. This was a match I didn't get to see BUT i was constantly updated in the IRC channel I was in and was on the edge of my seat, literally. I was also wrong about the deciding factor. It wasn't AE's offense, it was their defense. GG all around, this game gets my game of the week award. I hope you guys put some demos up

sYn vs. SNAFU 460-10 sYn wins
Already discussed above.

fx. vs. shit 150-20 fx wins
I called this one, didn't I? One of my few correct picks this week. fx remains a (if not the) team to watch.

goodfellas vs. kbn 120-0 goodfellas win
Ok guys. I've talked alot of shit about this match and how I felt that goodfellas might be off beat. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong. GG guys, you caught me way off guard. But it wouldn't be fun if no one went against you, right?

TDA vs o' 160-40 TDA wins
I called this right, with no prior knowledge, but TDA then dropped out of the league. GG guys, it was nice to have you. We hope to see you when the league opens up to a larger (or smaller) scale!

Well I went .500 this week (I don't include the sYn prediction as it was already over... even though I would've picked us anyways). 50/50 ain't that bad, neh?

EDIT*****

For you to know later, the results page is located here:

http://www.ugcleague.com/results_ff5.cfm

and it looks like AE and goodfellas need to report their matches by the end of tonight or they forfeit :P

Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
Titan`

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
AE vs eO

FINAL: 100-80 AE Wins

Ok. I was off by ALOT. This was a match I didn't get to see BUT i was constantly updated in the IRC channel I was in and was on the edge of my seat, literally. I was also wrong about the deciding factor. It wasn't AE's offense, it was their defense. GG all around, this game gets my game of the week award. I hope you guys put some demos up

sYn vs. SNAFU 460-10 sYn wins
Already discussed above.

fx. vs. shit 150-20 fx wins
I called this one, didn't I? One of my few correct picks this week. fx remains a (if not the) team to watch.

goodfellas vs. kbn 120-0 goodfellas win
Ok guys. I've talked alot of shit about this match and how I felt that goodfellas might be off beat. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong. GG guys, you caught me way off guard. But it wouldn't be fun if no one went against you, right?

TDA vs o' 160-40 TDA wins
I called this right, with no prior knowledge, but TDA then dropped out of the league. GG guys, it was nice to have you. We hope to see you when the league opens up to a larger (or smaller) scale!

Well I went .500 this week (I don't include the sYn prediction as it was already over... even though I would've picked us anyways). 50/50 ain't that bad, neh?

EDIT*****

For you to know later, the results page is located here:

http://www.ugcleague.com/results_ff5.cfm

and it looks like AE and goodfellas need to report their matches by the end of tonight or they forfeit :P
Nice calls ! gg all
Titan` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
both matches are reported...waiting on /KBN/ to get their souceTV demos to Gator as he wants to add them to the write up for everyone to watch.

GG everyone and nice job on the preds vicious!

Week 2 schedules will be up by the end of the night!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #12
Vicious

How bout by the end of NOW??? lol