Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #21
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
What I was meaning was if someone's fortress points over his last 3 deaths (or maybe over the last 3 minutes) exceeds some threshold (which would be negative ofc) then kick them. 3 might not be the optimal number, but you get the idea.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 AM   #22
kam

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hipshot makes the best skyboxes.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:20 AM   #23
richard nixon

who plays on servers with friendly fire on?

if some asshole keeps going into the spawn while infected just ask if there are any admins in there and if not just join another server. Simple as that.

Every game in the entire world has players that are assholes, it's part of life. Bitching on a forum isn't doing anything. What you are doing is just as annoying as people who infect spawns and team kill, at least in my opinion.

I've been playing this game every day since it came out (average an hour a day? I guess) and I have not once come across a server that has friendly fire on or some asshole that keeps infecting spawn (other than the occasional new guy that doesn't know any better).

Finding a new server is as easy as pressing escape and opening the server browser, cmon man..get over it.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #24
Meathook

Send a message via AIM to Meathook Send a message via MSN to Meathook
wow, sounds like Nixon doesnt like aiming.

I remember qwtf had FF and it wasnt a probelm, there were TK punishments.

maybe a complaint system.. after a certian amout of complaints (server side) player gets temp banned...

what about mirror damage... I hit a teamie I get the damage...

I dont understand why voting options arent added to more mods... must be an HL2 thing. word.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
wicked_clown420

team killers in a team fortress game? nooooooooooooooo, you dont say

of course there is.... you did play TFC right? there is a reason friendly fire is not popular on PUBLIC servers ;D - remember, there are alot of assholes on the internet and even if there isnt an asshole in the server, this game is spammy enough, with small enough maps to enduce multiple teamkills by the same person easily in general Team Fortress isnt really a friendly fire type of game, its a little 2 fast paced

but yeah, the only way to fix that is to have admins (and i mean ACTUAL admins, with the ability to BAN people, not just kick people).... whats up with servers these days adminmod this and amx that 90% of their admins cant even ban.... i guess its cuz most servers are rented..... but at least a few admins should have rcon! (and actually know how to use it)

the other problem is most servers give admin to people who are less mature than the people doing the team killing SERVER OPS PICK YOUR ADMINS CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!

oh and as for TK punishments, yeah they work real good in battlefield 2, you know when your in a helicopter, and someone rams you with a jeep, and then they punish YOU (and everyone that was in the helicopter) for tk

trust me there are people in battlefield 2, who are in the server ONLY to get people kicked by the tk punish system (dont beleive me? - just read the encyclopedia dramatica article on battlefield 2 - they have tips on how to troll servers including but not limited to forcing people to tk) hell there are even rules on server MOTDs saying "NO FORCE TKING OR YOU WILL BE BANNED"

tk punish rarley works, and vote kicks NEVER work (cuz for some reason noone ever votes, and the minumum amount of votes to kick is always like 90% of the server population. not to mention if you do manage to kick someone who is just there to TK and piss people off, they will be back, again and again until they are banned

Last edited by wicked_clown420; 09-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #26
Meathook

you're wrong.

sorry, I do play games, I have played games, I know about TKing, hell, I've been kicked for TKing (whether it was my fault or not).

there is no perfect solution, but options are better than no options.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #27
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathook
there is no perfect solution,
not completely perfect, but a good way would be an vote system incorperated into ff , from the dev's or adminmod way... a votekick voteban should always be be on every server... tk'ing has been around since doom, infact original doom afaik had no filter to turn of tk damange for coop... its assholes that do it on purpose that you know neeed a punish , if everybody on the server has any clue they will all type votekick , and remove the player , or if they rejoin , use the voteban

Old 09-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #28
Hot Metal Slugs

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I got 2 things to say:

1) My old favorite TFC server, *MoD* had a great implementation: Mirror Damage. It was set to like 25%. Solved the TK and careless nade spamming issue instantly. (also, omnipresent admins kept things very safe).

2) Type "status" in console, then type "condump". Record all the steam IDs of as-shats and forward to server admins of your favorite servers for permanent banning. I got a nice list going on my site which I will use to populate the banlists of our Fortress servers (whether we go with FF or TF2, doesn't matter.)

If the community bands together, this makes it a nicer world to play in.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #29
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
In TFC, I believe that there is a threshold for an automatic 30 minute TK ban. Drippy's runs 24hour FF days, 3 days a week. Many people in the community voted for having FF-on days. I was one of the most vocal people calling for it. It was put to a vote, and bingo. 3 days of FF-on, and 4 days off. For the most part, people will play both ways...or just frequent the server on the days they prefer. It's a win-win situation. It has made quite a difference in gameplay. You will see much less spam on FF-on days. People who TK alot....get the 30 minute auto-ban. This was never brought up prior to release(that I am aware of)...although I assumed(shut up, I know...) that some sort of auto-kick/ban would be placed in, because it was previously in TF games.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 AM   #30
halo

Unserious isn't a word.

Personally I don't really like public servers, I don't like the people on them, I don't like the way the games are played and I don't like the fact that it's not really any kind of practice for a proper game. So I don't play on them any more. I joined a clan . We have a clan game almost every night at the moment and they are way more fun. More fun than TFC was too. More fun than Michael Winner in front of me and a cricket bat in my hands.

For me clanned CTF has always been the archetype of Fortress games, even the purpose of them. It's certainly where the most fun is to be had and the greatest depth of gameplay.

We finished a game on SD2 a few hours ago where both teams were really evenly matched throughout. Whenever we got a cap they got one within a minute or so. Three minutes left and their flag was on the move but they were holding it well so we sent our engineer on a few offence runs to help break them down. Big gamble, effectively leaving us with three on defence (especially as our engy is really good ) but it paid off and we capped in the last minute winning 7-6.

You can only improve on that kind of game if you put the same scenario in a cup game or an important league match. You've got tension all the way, tactical play, individual skill, two balanced teams and a good spirit to the game (they enjoyed it just as much despite losing.)

I really hope that the FF clan scene continues to grow and take off, I hope that it has at least a couple of glory years ahead of it, because in my eyes the game is perfect for it. Most fun I've had playing a game for years.

So yeah, I leave the tiny minority of dickheads to drag public servers down, getting on everyones nerves, because I don't have to put up with that now . Every time I play it's with people I know, can trust to do a good job and can have a bit of a laugh with.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:06 AM   #31
Deadly Furby
Elder Scroll

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
.....More fun than Michael Winner in front of me and a cricket bat in my hands.....
That's fun?

No, really...I want to know.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 AM   #32
Super Sirius

Think about it this way bro. Those idiots are nothing but their namesake. Pure idiots. They have no intelligence and lack common sense. Plus it's hilarious at times to know that fools like them stumble around not only the real world but the cyber one as well. I laugh at them alot but at times even I get irritated. Don't worry it's just a bunch of imbeciles craving attention that wasn't given in their early years cause their parents hated them as did everyone else. Does this help you in anyway?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #33
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I can't wait for the voice icon things to be fixed.

As it stands right now, players flagrantly causing havok on the server are easier to pick out that the one guy mic spamming a whail of a noise.

Since we have all talk on it's even harder to pick them out, because if you're not on the same team as them you can't even see the voice icon change. And when you're on the same team as them the two extra wavy lines after the mic symbol are still difficult to spot. I've spent 5+ minutes trying to locate some of these guys to give them the boot.

The no voice icons on screen is being grossly taken advantage of by the problem makers out there, and it'll be refreshing to spot them instantly when the patch comes out to fix this problem.

Cheers,
Hammock

Old 09-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #34
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
being an asshat is part of the game and part of the fun of pubbing. not that i typically do, but sometimes my evil side comes out and it's fun. i dunno, part of the game imo.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #35
Meathook

puppy, what names do you play under.. whats your steamid?

quick BAN!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #36
stino

few days ago i had a player named WTF building sentries at f_dev_2fort so we couldn't get out of our spawns, then if most of the team changed to the other team, he just changed teams and builded a new sentry

Old 10-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #37
friday13th

Sounds like my kinda guy

Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #38
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathook
puppy, what names do you play under.. whats your steamid?

quick BAN!
I'd like that info too.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #39
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by stino
few days ago i had a player named WTF building sentries at f_dev_2fort so we couldn't get out of our spawns, then if most of the team changed to the other team, he just changed teams and builded a new sentry
well thats what you get for playing on a leaked version of a dev map that the public never should have gotten their grubby mitts on
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #40
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13th
Sounds like my kinda guy
Do you want his number? You two could hook up. It would be cute.

Closed Thread