Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I have been crying lately and have been very sad........

I am usally a pretty wound up kind of fellow but a few months ago I met someone who was just a friend of a friend of a family member of this little boy in Central Illinois. I have been following his mothers weekly posts and it has been breaking my heart to read and follow their story. He is only two years old with a million dollar smile who is waiting on a miracle from god to stay alive. It seems that the Dr's are done trying what they can and the just want him to spend what time he has playing outside and enjoying life. This story has really touched my heart and it has definately had a profound effect on my life. This little guy with so much energy and I am afraid that he is not going to make it. I have a son as well and to go through what this family has been through is breaking apart my soul and tearing me mentally apart and I cant imgaine what they are going through. He has a cancerous tumor in his brain that is not getting any better. I am red-eyed and teared up from writing about this right now and I am just so sad. You can see for yourself or to read the entire story or to follow along as well. For some reason I had to show and to tell everyone I know about this boy that just maybe I can reach enough people to pray for him that maybe a miracle would come true. Sometimes something comes by you in life in it calls out for you wether you ask for it or not.

Here is this little soldier who is fighting for his right to live.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/camdenmarshky

Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
I am very sorry to hear of this little boys struggles. With being involved for 13 years in my church's Sunday School program I have known a couple of children who have succumbed to cancer. It's heartbreaking. I wish I had something other than sympathy to offer but I fear that's all I can offer.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Suite307

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I don't want to be an asshole but i find the hypocrisy in this post outstanding.
There's other kids with the same problem and this isn't a special case.

My prayers still go to the kid and mother and all the other kids.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
it's not hypocrisy, just fairness.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
This isn't hypocrisy at all...this just hit close to home for DH.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!

Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
And it's any less important when it is far away?

Old 03-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rtigo
And it's any less important when it is far away?
Don't crap on the thread.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Are you people saying you shouldn't feel sad when your mom dies because moms die around the world every day? Get real.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

There are some really heartless little pricks among you all. Show a little respect for a broken man who is trying to share something important to people he feels comfortable in sharing it with.

My sympathy goes out to you DH and the family.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Unfortunately I find no sympathy for DH after his history here. His rampant posts throwing every insult he can think of, I wouldn't be surprised if he wished cancer on people in his previous posts.

Now he makes two threads, being thoughtful and reflecting, and I don't find feeling for him in either one.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
YomMamasHouse

I feel terribly about the child, any disease which we do not have any effective control over saddens me immensely because looking at someone you love and knowing they are doomed is a wretched feeling; but, I still am having a hard time trying to regard DH as anything other than a turdburger.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

There's no reason to believe DH is being sincere. He never is. He's just a wacko. At the same time, that doesn't mean we have to make equally stupid replies.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Are you people saying you shouldn't feel sad when your mom dies because moms die around the world every day? Get real.
That's 'cause we're all selfish, it's just the nature of things to feel more sad about those that are close to you than those that are not.

As Vert said.. it isn't any less important, no, not at all.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

You didn't answer the question.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #15
there's nothing here
lol

No, guess I didn't. But I sorta figured that it didn't need answering.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 AM   #16
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Yes and yes again..............

This does happen all over the world to children every single day and yes it is sad it has to happen to any of them. Is Camden more important to some then those other children........? I am guessing his family would say yes. It was something different when I looked into this young childs eyes that really affected me. Do I have any idea why that is or why it happened to me. No I do not. Do I know why this has affected me so much when I think about it daily and it saddens me. No. I have children but so do others but something was different in this situation with me like I was supposed to tell everyone I know about it to help him out. Can I really help him out. No. I cannot do anything but ask that others pray for him as well and maybe just maybe the big guy will decide to throw out a miracle.

You can stomp on this thread all you want because it was never about me in this thread. It is about a little boy who doesnt have much time left and whether you choose to pray or not is your choice. This thread is not about you FEELING FOR ME OR HAVING PITY FOR ME!!!!! It has nothing to do with you analyzing my intentions or your thoughts about me. This is ALL ABOUT A YOUNG BOY NAMED CAMDEN. To throw out insults my way and to debate my intentions really shows how much some of you unusefull f$%s really are.

Tell you what Frenchy........if I had a choice to give cancer to you in which in turn would take away from another child then I would decide "Do it". Would I wish it upon myself to save a child and for me to go through it then I would say "Do It". I am glad that your almost 17 year old Canadian ass had nothing to say but to try to bash me. Well you worthless piece of shit here ya go. You tried like you have for years now and I am still standing. Next time you want some of dh you better pick a better thread to start something in since I really do want to have to head up to the great white north to settle our long standing issues at hand. You want to be a man so bad I will show you what it means to hurt like one. Complimentary of dh.

To the people wanted something real other then "Is Halo Wars going to be Uber Kewl" or "I want the new Nvidia graphics card" then here ya go. There is nothing more real in life then something like this. I do not personally know this child but he has captured my heart and prayers. If you dont feel then same then it is your right as a human being........just remember however to stay the f$#$ outa the thread.

dh

Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #17
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
It's funny, the whole time you were trying to make people laugh, I always hated you, but right now I find you hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

I'm done with you.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #18
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Seems like FrenchToast has about 180423 life lessons left to learn!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #19
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

The entry story of March 30th. seems to make sense somehow...........

This was the story posted on the website of http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/camdenmarshky . To think that all this had a purpose and a reason beforehand makes it seem almost unreal to me. To be the ones to bear the brunt of this and to have it happen to you would take the strongest person I have ever known. This women is fighting from the inside for her child with everything she has and she is not giving up. I wish I had that type of strength in my life for the world would be a better place. I used to see compasion as a sign of weakeness and now I know that I had it totally mixed up and I was the weak one. To be the one chosen to bring people together is a sign of greatness indeed. It just takes some people as myself a long time to figure that out.

dh

Old 04-01-2008, 11:42 PM   #20
Agent_W
The Black Shield

I am sorry about that, DH.

I would take the cancer to save that boy's life. I think I've lived long enough at 22. It truly is sad

Closed Thread