Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #241
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok, I just finished watching the second season of Ghost in the Shell and the ending (if you've read the comic) is extreemly fucking trippy!

Haha, and now besides Fuchikomas and Tachikomas we've got Uchikomas! (Edit: The fansub translation is 'Uchikoma' in the show but I can't tell if the major is saying Uchikoma or Fuchikoma. Anyway the likeness to Fuchikomas is undenyable although there are differences.)

Waugh!

Oh and I recently saw the second movie too, which was a LOT better than the first, while retaining a lot of the distinctive style of Mamoru Oshii.
I guess borrowing scenes/plotlines from other GITS stuff is the accepted standard, which is really cool. But the 2nd movie's plot (Spoiler warning!!) is the same as the 6th chapter of the comic and the episode 19 of the first season...
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #242
o_tyrus

I just finished "The Menancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya".

Its very well done and has top notch animation. Its definitely a strange story line, but it amazingly attains its attractiveness. I think the story overall was a good story, but it could have used a little more drama. <--Coming from a drama lover, consider the source of this last statement!

I am tyrus and I approve this message.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #243
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
Interesting find on Naruto:

Cowboy Bebop vs Naruto

Naruto copies fight scenes! Wonderful. I wonder if this is the only scene that is unoriginal or if there are more.
I'm so rubbing that in on to a friend of mine.
He doesn't like Cowboy Bebop but likes Naruto. Tnx for the pic
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #244
o_nezumi

I liked Haruhi.

Revolutionary Girl Utena is really fucking wierd.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #245
o_tyrus

Live Action Jigoku Shoujo! Wow!

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-12-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Old 11-12-2006, 03:18 PM   #246
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
That seems unnecessary!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 AM   #247
o_nezumi

Speaking of Utena, you'd think they'd get their hair caught in the wheel, what with it flying out behind them like that.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #248
o_gunnercide

I saw it mentioned before by Milk.. Surprised nobody said it anymore. Gantz is a great, violent anime. And as said, Trigun is awesome too.

I have Anime Network on Io, so I get a bunch of stuff. Right now Im watching this funny Anime called Maboroho, or something like that.. It's pretty good.
o_gunnercide is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #249
o_lithium

Hajime No Ippo for the win.

http://usetehsharingan.ytmnd.com/
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #250
o_tyrus

Yakitate Japan is the anime I'm currently watching. This series cracks me up. Its a type of comedy that grows on you. At first its mildly funny, but once you learn the characters and their personalities, the comedy seems to be magnified. This series is a 69 episodes long and I'm half done! w00t.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #251
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Cowboy Bebop may be imitated but never duplicated. Spike > *

A pity it was as short as it was.

My GF mentioned to me last weekend that she thought it was sad that Rurouni Kenshin didn't continue...I told her they ran out of steam and ideas...short of Kenshin becoming infected with an alien mutant virus and mounting up a giant robot or dying so he could live in Outworld with King Kai there wasn't much they could do. The last of it sucked as the Feng Shui stuff didn't do a thing for me...
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2006, 12:48 AM   #252
o_lithium

Quote:
Yakitate Japan is the anime I'm currently watching. This series cracks me up. Its a type of comedy that grows on you. At first its mildly funny, but once you learn the characters and their personalities, the comedy seems to be magnified. This series is a 69 episodes long and I'm half done! w00t.
No. The only true funny animes are either Full Metal Panic Fumoffu or whatever and Golden BOy!
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #253
o_gunnercide

Haha, yea. Golden Boy is also a good one. Very funny, shame it was only a few episodes long..

The swim episode was funny as hell, when he was swimming in the pool to catch up with the intructor and used his super hentai power. lol
o_gunnercide is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #254
o_tyrus

Golden Boy is the only anime with good english dubs. (well at least the main character sounds good)

Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #255
o_nezumi

All the Disney releases of Studio Ghibli films, everything Ghost in the Shell, everything by Shinichiro Watanabe and everything by Yashuro Nightow has good dubbing.

I'm pretty sure Ranma is still the king of all time bad dubs though.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #256
o_tyrus

Recently I have finished Yakitate Japan and have almost finished Hunter X Hunter.

Yakitate Japan was really good all the way up to the episode where "Yakitate 9" begins, around episode 48-50 or something. Those last 10 or so episodes were fillers to me. The series would have been just as good without them. Overall, Yakitate Japan was good for the laughs.

Hunter X Hunter I have always heard, is far better than Naruto. At first I wanted to test this and watched the first few episodes of this series. At first glance, I thought that claim was completely wrong. Luckily though, lately I have been meaning to finish all anime's that I have previously started, thus I gave this one another shot.

Hunter X Hunter took off like a rocket right around episode 20. And yes, it blew Naruto in the dirt. HxH's highlights were in episodes 20-35, approximately, and stayed at a decent level of goodness until the "Greed Island" ova's started. GI and GI Final are very boring. HxH seemed to have completely run out of gas by this point. These two sequel series were boring because they lost something the original series had. The feeling of intensity and drama. Everything in these ova's seems crappy to mediocre at best.

I'm currently almost done with GI Final and I see no signs of improvement. Dammit, and I had high hopes for this series.

Oh well, can't say this is the first series to poop out at the end, even Yakitate did.

I'm going to watch Haibane Renmei next. An oldie but from what I hear, worth the watch.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-30-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #257
o_etherealrage

Quote:
Awesome anime!

Some personal favorites:

Ai Yori Aoshi <-- best show ever.
Green Green TV
Gantz
Monster
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase

Noein is the latest one I've watched and I really like it. Gonna buy it all once it's out.
o_etherealrage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #258
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
Anime SUCKS COCK.

Right, I know you guys wanted to know what I thought so I just had to reply.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:08 AM   #259
o_tyrus

MM, bring your sorry butt over to the "Anime sucks" thread. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 01:21 AM   #260
o_frenchtoast

It's a lot more entertaining here.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote