Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 02-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
o_stino

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
teamplay feature

as working on a top secret new map for fortress forever i got the idea for a new teamplay feature, a spy can get into an enemy base, if he manages to get in and open a valve he will open a short connection between the two bases, allowing the whole offencive to get into the enemy base in just a matter of seconds.

its just a valve located in the base, if you open it, it will activate a fan below a movelinear door, when the doors are open players will be pushed out of the wateraccess directly into the flagroom, but to compensate this advantage: the valve is in the open, no cover from anywhere but below.
o_stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
o_sh4x

That and hundreds of other possibilities... the challenge is to balance the gameplay afterwards.
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
o_donny

I can see it in my eyes. 5 spies, they get to the enemy base 3 gets killed on the way in 2 others manage to bynnyhop away.
They get to the valve, 3 Hwguys waiting BANG!
Repeate untill everyone votes for another map.

It'd be too easy to defend even the idea might sound ok.
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #4
o_agret

Donny the way stino described it is as an alternate, much faster path to the enemy base. There is still going to be a front way in. I don't think there's any way he can restrict it to spies only, just spies would have an easier time getting to it (think keycard in rock2)
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
o_nezumi

I'm sure LUA has a class check function, or something equivalent.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
o_donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agret
Donny the way stino described it is as an alternate, much faster path to the enemy base. There is still going to be a front way in. I don't think there's any way he can restrict it to spies only, just spies would have an easier time getting to it (think keycard in rock2)
You didnt get what I said.
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
o_own3r

This idea could just be done with lazer control over enterences instead of the flag itself I did consider it then I thought "nah lets just make it a fast cap map" I am making mach1 so it should be quick
o_own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
o_stino

its a small hole, easy to defend with a SG, it's faster, but has a higher risc level.

and who said you have to be a spy? it could also be someone from the other team who's trying to get down there. could be a good surprise when a hwguy pops up right in front of him

of course, this only works one time.
o_stino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #9
o_tyrus

Actually, this idea was very similar to my one of my maps. In q3f, I created a map called "The Mountaind Dew Wars". Themed, Red vs Green.

Anyways, there was an air tunnel chute that led from the lower respawn of each team all the way to the other flag room. The entrance to this tunnel from the lower respawn was sealed off until a button was pressed in the base. Once that button was pressed, the seal was opened and a well organized offense would all literally fly into the enemy teams flagroom. Of course this tunnel only stayed open for a short amount of time.

The exit of this tunnel shot you across the flag pole stand and towards the exit of the flagroom leading to the ramproom. A little bunny hopping, and you could be in and out in a dash.

Also, there was another button that opened up an entrance from the ceiling of the flagroom, again another place where a well coordinated offense could storm the enemy flagroom. Again, only open for a short amount of time.

(the amounts of time each button opened the above entrances, tunnel and roof entrance, was determined through lots of play testing)

The idea of the spies you had was similarly implemented in my map as being, no one was allowed in enemy respawns, except for enemy spies. If a soldier went in an enemy respawn, they were immediately teleported to the "Mountaind Dew Vat", where green burned red and red burned green. Each teams dew vat was also the cap point for each team.

If I were to make a map, I'd remake this map. But I'm too lazy! If anyone else would like to take the theme....
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
o_agret

Interesting, where can I download your map from tyrus?
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote