Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #61
o_fail

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rannibunny
Your opinions are wrong. TF2 is already a) pointless b) a joke!

Why should I put any trust into a game from a team that _ruined_ the first really good TF remake?
A team that explained for years how they want to create something that's called Battlefield today with realism and stuff... only to come out (years late... TF2 was supposed to be released before TFC, mind you...) as a "way too cartoony" (if they knew that making a TF cartoony is a sure way to be hated... would they have done it anyway? I don't know...) remake of TFC with "more players" for more public action.
yey
God forbid someone else think differently from you! Honestly, it's their game. They know which way they want to take it, not you.
o_fail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #62
o_hired-gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfc
decs, you say it isn't very motivating to read threads like these. I agree, they are probably counter-productive. However motivation goes both ways, you've hardly done anything to keep the mod fanbase interest level up have you? The front page hasn't been updated in months, the dev journals are sparse, and it doesn't paint a rosy picture for ff.

How can we be enthusiastic when we have nothing to be enthusiastic about? We're not cheerleaders (at least most of us), we like to follow mod progress, even if there isn't much being made.
Well what you are saying is very rude,imo fucking rude you got to remember that the dev team does this on their sparetime and dosent get payed for this.
December is a very hectic month for almost everyone dosent matter if you are in school/working ther are lots of things to do like family,friends,holidays booked travels,moving and so on.
And in all that mess you have to create a game and please the forum community at the same time.
I for one couldent have made that,so if the update/release or what ever you asked santa for dident happen.
Dont take out your anger on the dev team,cuz they are doing a great job.
Arsenal ask yourself if you could have done it faster then the dev team,if so why dont make your own tf game?
Anyway i got the honor to be beta tester and i have enjoyed every minut on the testing servers.
Models,maps,weapons and all the other stuff the looks amazing,FF is like a fine aged malt whiskey,after one or two sips your brain screams for more.
Anyway i have seen the light in the end of the tunnel,and i know that i will be playing in the light with the rest of you impatients guys soooon.

Last edited by o_hired-gun; 12-29-2006 at 10:50 PM.
o_hired-gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #63
o_digital_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired-Gun
Well what you are saying is very rude,imo fucking rude you got to remember that the dev team does this on their spare time and doesnt get payed for this.
December is a very hectic month for almost everyone dosent matter if you are in school/working there are lots of things to do like family,friends,holidays booked travels,moving and so on.
And in all that mess you have to create a game and please the forum community at the same time.
I for one couldent have made that,so the update/release or what ever you asked santa for dident happen.
Dont take out your anger on the dev team,cuz they are doing a great job.
Arsenal ask yourself if you could have done it faster then the dev team,if so why dont make your own tf game?
Anyway i got the honor to be beta tester and i have enjoyed every minut on the testing servers.
Models,maps,weapons and all the other stuff the looks amazing,FF is like a fine aged malt whiskey,after one or two sips your brain screams for more.
Anyway i have seen the light in the end of the tunnel,and i know that i will be playing in the light with the rest of you impatients guys soooon.

Well said! Cheers on that note. I agree a lot of people really do need to chill out. i know the Dev's said they would 'try" for a pre-07 release,however they said it wasn't a for sure thing. I don't really post alot on these forums, just now and then i will make the odd post here and there. As of lately with the expected release, craziness over the holidays which usually happens, etc. Alot of people i find have been crankier then usual on here then normal. Just please chill out. many others have said this on here already including a couple of the devs. So go take a valium, take up a hobby or go pay some other game in the mean time. This is free after all. Its not like you pre-paid for the game and dealing with delay after delay as valve fan-boys encounter.

Just relax and be thankful for the long hard hours these fine lads have put in so them along with the rest of you can play a quality game. /end rant
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #64
o_hired-gun

Anyway when you complain about the slow development on FF you have to think,how much of my own sparetime/life would i be willing to give up to please this community.
You got to remember that the guys in the dev team have familys,jobs,school and other normal things to do just like you and me.
When i did the TFC replica weapons it took like 115-120 hours of my sparetime,in the end i got payed for it.
When FF is released and everyone is playing the game,i hope the dev team get some payment.
Maybe some of them will get a job at Valve or an option to start a life as a real developer with real payment...
Cheers to the dev team that has done a amazing job so far.................
o_hired-gun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #65
o_tu!

is tf2 has bhopping and air acceleration like tfc, the op is right then.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 AM   #66
o_player

It will more than likely have air acceleration, just as it is with every HL and Source game. I doubt, however, that it will have bhopping; they may replace bhopping with some other skill, they may completely remove bhop or they might even stick with it and keep it the same as it is now or tweak it.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #67
o_norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired-Gun
You think it's rude to point out something obvious? I tell you what: Lots of forum users can't play the game. they hoped that they can because some devs did some false hopes for a December release. now they don't even see progress in kinds of dev journals or media releases but in the end beta tester annoy them with comments like 'omg it's like sex and stuff'. don't you beta testers think that you make it even worse with comments like this? well I don't mind it but i have the feeling that this is more than counter-productive and it has bitch about the game only risen in my opinion. Anyway I'll wait for FF and TF2 as well. It didn't really piss me off when they delayed TF2 neither FF. In the end the games will be better and only that counts for me. 2007 will be a blast for TF fans. So Happy new year.
o_norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #68
o_rizzo

It's just a game norris =D
o_rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #69
o_mescalito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboWolf
I just hope it's as easy as tfc to shoot at players in both games, because all this messy cl_interp stuff is driving me nuts
werd
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #70
o_ginger lord

Anyone that believes a release date that a dev tells you, be it a professional company or a mod, is a fucking retard.

You'd think you'd all have realised this with the amount of games that don't hit release dates. Be grateful you get anything at all, they don't have to make the mod, they do it for themselves not you.

It will be done when its done and not a moment before. Bitching and whining about missed dates and lack of community involvement just slows it down.

Why is this thread open still?
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #71
o_mescalito

becouse you don't close threads based on their sexual orientation.
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #72
o_bokko

dont cry, norris
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 04:10 PM   #73
o_psycnet

Being on vacation, I haven't been around much as of late, so it's kind of disheartening to see the sheer amount of immature and cry-baby style stupidity that is running rampant on the boards nowadays. Not that Norris or Arsenal have ever contributed anything but shit since they joined anyhow.

Where do these people get off braying their personal sense of entitlement over a free game? It's laughable to think that anyone outside of themselves owe them anything, but these are the self-serving internalized pricks who think the world owes them everything. They were raised by parents who never instilled a sense of personal pride or understanding, and thusly have no idea what it means to be responsible for your own actions, thoughts, and feelings.

They feel they deserve it, and deserve it now. For what reason? Because they waited? Like everyone else? You have done shit in life, and you have done shit in these forums. You coast through everyday of your pathetic little consumer lives, eating, shitting and sleeping and expecting everyone else to clean up the mess in your wake.

When you wake up from your small bubble of personal entitlement, maybe then you'll realize people do things for themselves, and not you. When they do do things for other people, such as a free game mod, that is humanity at a better level, where others work for the sheer joy of it to let other people have something.

You are immature fuckwads who wouldn't know a good thing if it crawled up your ass and ruptured your intestines. Kill yourselves now and save the world the farce of having to deal with your pathetic 3-year old whinings and terrible ideas of fairness.
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #74
o_-=hydra=-

FF and TF2 are both vaporware.
o_-=hydra=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 09:09 PM   #75
o_sacred

Maybe they are just trying to get across the idea that they are concerned with the fact FF seems to have gone off the rails psycnet?

THE SAKE OF HUMANITY AT A BETTER LEVEL IS AT RISK!
o_sacred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #76
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
Being on vacation, I haven't been around much as of late, so it's kind of disheartening to see the sheer amount of immature and cry-baby style stupidity that is running rampant on the boards nowadays. Not that Norris or Arsenal have ever contributed anything but shit since they joined anyhow.

Where do these people get off braying their personal sense of entitlement over a free game? It's laughable to think that anyone outside of themselves owe them anything, but these are the self-serving internalized pricks who think the world owes them everything. They were raised by parents who never instilled a sense of personal pride or understanding, and thusly have no idea what it means to be responsible for your own actions, thoughts, and feelings.

They feel they deserve it, and deserve it now. For what reason? Because they waited? Like everyone else? You have done shit in life, and you have done shit in these forums. You coast through everyday of your pathetic little consumer lives, eating, shitting and sleeping and expecting everyone else to clean up the mess in your wake.

When you wake up from your small bubble of personal entitlement, maybe then you'll realize people do things for themselves, and not you. When they do do things for other people, such as a free game mod, that is humanity at a better level, where others work for the sheer joy of it to let other people have something.

You are immature fuckwads who wouldn't know a good thing if it crawled up your ass and ruptured your intestines. Kill yourselves now and save the world the farce of having to deal with your pathetic 3-year old whinings and terrible ideas of fairness.
WIN

Old 01-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #77
o_pixel

I'll be playing FF because its free.
o_pixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #78
o_whuh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=HYDRA=-
FF and TF2 are both vaporware.
theres the real answer.

CASE CLOSED.
o_whuh? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #79
o_tyrus

FF and TF2 aren't vaporware, however they both have yet to be released. Unfortunately still tied.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #80
o_ihmhi

Though technically by that argument Duke Nukem Forever is not vaporware either, Ty.

To use sitcoms as an analogy...

TF2: Friends
FF: Coupling (Original British version, not that shite American knockoff)
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote