Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Affiliations: Knights of the Round
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to Zydell Send a message via Skype™ to Zydell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
It isn't a comparison, it's a question about sexual urges. I don't discount that pedophiles harm someone else, I'm just asking about their particular sexual urges. You brought up the topic of sexual urges and choice. You don't want to answer the question because you believe the answer to be "No, it is not their choice".

Scuzzy
- Yet I asked a question first which you didn't answer at all and you really expect me to answer yours? (But hey what can I expect from you, you've only done this about a thousand times before, even making the question bold doesn't ring a single bell).
- Yes, it IS a comparison, you even said yourself that you are making an analogy between homosexuals and pedophiles. Besides that you litereally ask how the situation is different from any of both, so it literally IS a comparison, by definition, and a false one, one that does not make sense (as I'm starting to believe most of your arguments and points are).
- If you would actually read and comprehend what I write you'd already know my opinion but somehow you never seem too much interested in what other peoples views are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innox
This is a competition? I was responding in kind to what I read as insincere and mocking.
A competition, just explain me how this may possibly be a competetion to me and why I would be the only the slightest interested in winning ‘it’ or having the last word. Actually never mind, I'll just tell you that I am not interested in any of both. If I have any reason for discussing here it is simply to broaden my own view on matters and figuring out how other people think about these things.
If you don't want to reply to my arguments then don't reply at all, and especially not with some lame phrase like how I should or should not post it on a internet forum. You're not very high on my list of persons who'll tell me what I should and should not say.
Bringing up something from the real world just to see how what some people are saying applies to this real world is insincere and mocking?
Zydell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #182
halo

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Apparently if you go back to the original greek and hebrew copies of the bible then you can make quite a strong case for modern homosexuality not being a sin. The meanings of the words that were actually used are very, very precise where as the ones translated are rather vague.
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #183
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydell
- Yet I asked a question first which you didn't answer at all and you really expect me to answer yours? (But hey what can I expect from you, you've only done this about a thousand times before, even making the question bold doesn't ring a single bell).
- Yes, it IS a comparison, you even said yourself that you are making an analogy between homosexuals and pedophiles. Besides that you litereally ask how the situation is different from any of both, so it literally IS a comparison, by definition, and a false one, one that does not make sense (as I'm starting to believe most of your arguments and points are).
- If you would actually read and comprehend what I write you'd already know my opinion but somehow you never seem too much interested in what other peoples views are.
Ultimately this is where a conversation will go when you you feel your losing. Your last statement is clearly a "I want to back out of this discussion, I need to find a save-face way to do it." So, if you want to back out now under the guise of "I don't think Scuzzy cares about my opinion because he's not agreeing with me or maybe I'll make up that I don't like how he debates", you can. It's worked VERY well for others when they're backed into a corner and don't know how to get out, I'll let you choose that option now if you'd like.

However, if you feel you can stay in this discussion, let's continue. I'll tell you what, let's go down the path of the comparison you've outlined above... I wasn't going to go there, but I'm more then willing to follow your lead.
We agree then that heterosexual, homosexual, and pedophile urges are not the choice of the person that has them. We're in agreement that pedophile urges harm someone. We've seen the medical information that states homosexual sex can easily (and in most cases is) harmful and damaging to those involved. We agree that the human body has evolved to accomodate and in most cases encourage heterosexual sex.

So, your original post did have a few questions and I want to make sure that I answer those to your satisfaction as well as address this comparison you want to make. So, let's begin:

Quote:
why don't you describe homosexuality as if it were a mere choice
I would not do so because I do not believe that homosexual urges are the choice of the person that has them.

Quote:
After a year of depression I was one of the first he told it to, and with trembling voice.
What should I've done?
I originally thought that this was a retorical question made for dramatic effect considering the whole trembling voice description. I'll take it as literal now though. If your question is "When my friend told me about his urges what should I have done?" then my answer would be, "Whatever you feel would be appropriate." What would you do if your friend had told you that he had pedophiliac urges but he had not yet acted on them?

Scuzzy

Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #184
Surrealistik

Gay gay gay. Dumbledore is gay. Fagtastic.
Surrealistik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #185
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
A competition, just explain me how this may possibly be a competetion to me and why I would be the only the slightest interested in winning ‘it’ or having the last word. Actually never mind, I'll just tell you that I am not interested in any of both. If I have any reason for discussing here it is simply to broaden my own view on matters and figuring out how other people think about these things.
If you don't want to reply to my arguments then don't reply at all, and especially not with some lame phrase like how I should or should not post it on a internet forum. You're not very high on my list of persons who'll tell me what I should and should not say.
Bringing up something from the real world just to see how what some people are saying applies to this real world is insincere and mocking?
Your offended act is coming off quite hollow and insincere.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #186
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Quote:
Ultimately this is where a conversation will go when you you feel your losing. Your last statement is clearly a "I want to back out of this discussion, I need to find a save-face way to do it." So, if you want to back out now under the guise of "I don't think Scuzzy cares about my opinion because he's not agreeing with me or maybe I'll make up that I don't like how he debates", you can. It's worked VERY well for others when they're backed into a corner and don't know how to get out, I'll let you choose that option now if you'd like.
I don't want to back out.

Quote:
However, if you feel you can stay in this discussion, let's continue. I'll tell you what, let's go down the path of the comparison you've outlined above... I wasn't going to go there, but I'm more then willing to follow your lead.
We agree then that heterosexual, homosexual, and pedophile urges are not the choice of the person that has them. We're in agreement that pedophile urges harm someone. We've seen the medical information that states homosexual sex can easily (and in most cases is) harmful and damaging to those involved. We agree that the human body has evolved to accomodate and in most cases encourage heterosexual sex.
I started laughing here, please, PLEASE as a medical student I beg of you. Give me scientific prove that homosexual source is harmful. And with that I mean a randomized controlled double blind trial or something, not a wikipedia page.
Also (and I remember this is the second time you reason like this), not all homosexuals have (anal) sex. It's ok to be homosexual as long as you're not having anal sex?

Oh and I'll say to you right now that having anal sex is less harmfull than driving a car, ask heterosexuals (who tried it, wouldn't be suprised if 50% of them did).

Quote:
So, your original post did have a few questions and I want to make sure that I answer those to your satisfaction as well as address this comparison you want to make. So, let's begin:

I would not do so because I do not believe that homosexual urges are the choice of the person that has them.

I originally thought that this was a retorical question made for dramatic effect considering the whole trembling voice description. I'll take it as literal now though. If your question is "When my friend told me about his urges what should I have done?" then my answer would be, "Whatever you feel would be appropriate." What would you do if your friend had told you that he had pedophiliac urges but he had not yet acted on them?

Scuzzy
Of course I ment what I should've done in the eyes of God, but you're pretty good at misreading questions; I already know that of course.

Last edited by Zydell; 10-27-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #187
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Your offended act is coming off quite hollow and insincere.
Weren't you the one to initially call people

- Narrow minded
- Crying
- Missing understanding

Sorry if you feel offended; it was never my intention.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #188
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
tl;dr
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #189
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dospac
tl;dr
fag
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #190
Bubbles
Bueno

Why has this gone on for so long?
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 06:39 PM   #191
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
I started laughing here, please, PLEASE as a medical student I beg of you. Give me scientific prove that homosexual source is harmful. And with that I mean a randomized controlled double blind trial or something, not a wikipedia page.
Also (and I remember this is the second time you reason like this), not all homosexuals have (anal) sex. It's ok to be homosexual as long as you're not having anal sex?
I answered you're questions after your huge protest, now why don't you be polite and answer mine before we continue.

What would you do if your friend had told you that he had pedophiliac urges but he had not yet acted on them?

Scuzzy

Old 10-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #192
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
Why has this gone on for so long?
Read the thread and you'll see how it has progressed into other topics. If you do not like the topic, do not read it. Nobody needs to complain about how you don't like the topic, or the posters, or the argument, or the fact that it's a lot of pages, if they are not involved in the actual debate. All that is required from outsiders is that they either do not read it or they read and quietly watch. If they have material or thoughts to contribute to the thread, I invite them please do so. If the fact that a debate continues after several pages bothers them, I ask that the do not read the thread to save themselves heartache. Some debates last a long time, days, years. In today's "I need instant satisfaction and answers" sometimes that isn't possible, again if someone can not handle that, they are encouraged to not continue reading the thread.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Old 10-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #193
Bubbles
Bueno

Debate topics should have a set max page amount. If by the tenth page you haven't found an agreement, you never will. End of the story.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #194
halo

Scuzzy should be banned from them too (because he's an argumentative fuckwit with no capacity for logic in case you hadn't noticed :P.)
halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #195
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Scuzzy should be banned from them too (because he's an argumentative fuckwit with no capacity for logic in case you hadn't noticed :P.)
Sour Grapes.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #196
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
Debate topics should have a set max page amount. If by the tenth page you haven't found an agreement, you never will. End of the story.
Where were you when we were trying to get Saddam Hussein to listen to the UN for 17 resolutions?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:09 AM   #197
Bubbles
Bueno

Retreated to my damp little cave.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 AM   #198
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Where were you when we were trying to get Saddam Hussein to listen to the UN for 17 resolutions?
LOL i remember this one. But i was only a frequent guest visitor, cuz i wasn't sure when ff was going to be released.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #199
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
LOL i remember this one. But i was only a frequent guest visitor, cuz i wasn't sure when ff was going to be released.
Actually I was implying that if debates and argument resolution worked the way Bubbles thinks it should that Saddam wouldn't have been tollerated as long as he was.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #200
Zydell
Ex-king
D&A Member

Quote:
I answered you're questions after your huge protest, now why don't you be polite and answer mine before we continue.

What would you do if your friend had told you that he had pedophiliac urges but he had not yet acted on them?

Scuzzy

No you didn't Scuzzy, can you believe that 20 posts later you still haven't properly answered my question?

Though I'll answer yours and I'll formulate a question after which I will not reply unless you give a proper answer. Bit childish way of having a discussion (I wouldn't call this a debate) isn't it, not being properly answered to your questions and all.

So what I would do is talk to him (just asuming it's not a her), try to make sure that he understands that I do not repell him just because he feels that way or think less of him. I'll do my best to advice him in any way I possibly can, especially if he should consider professional help. In the end it is something that he has to deal with.

Now I will state my question (it's actually quite similar to what I ment with the first one but I formulateed this one differently). I want you to answer this question from your point of view, as if this is happening to you. And I want you to give arguments.

A very close friend of yours tells you he is homosexual, he also tells you that he has been having (homosexual, anal) sex for 1 year now and he's not planning on stopping with it (He's was afraid to tell you because you might think wrong of him). Just tell me what you would say and if he's doing anything wrong in your and/ Gods eyes?

If you cannot properly answer this question and keep avoiding then further discussing with you is totally useless.