Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Old 10-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
public_slots_free

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
concmap5 released!

This is the official concmap5 port to FF. Retextured by Desiree and slightly modified.

DOWNLOAD

public_slots_free is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
FF|Skyrider
HL2Files Site Manager

Send a message via AIM to FF|Skyrider Send a message via MSN to FF|Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to FF|Skyrider
Looks good! I'll download and mirror it for you as well . I just hope all credits are in order? Just to make sure.
FF|Skyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
public_slots_free

I made the original and I let Desiree re-texture it.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
stummies

Nice work slots, although I'd say Desi did all the work.
stummies is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Lt Llama

Who would have believed that. Gj public_slots_free. Ill install it and let it run and let the People give you feedback.

Last edited by Lt Llama; 10-05-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #6
Boogieman117
FF Server Op / Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to Boogieman117 Send a message via AIM to Boogieman117 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman117 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman117
I'm playing it right now at my server, see my sig for details.
Boogieman117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 AM   #7
public_slots_free

thanks guys

Old 10-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #8
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Isn't this the version Adam sent you and you modified?

I played Adams version and some jumps are EXACTLY the same, just not textured the same.
hlstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 AM   #9
Boogieman117
FF Server Op / Beta Tester

Send a message via ICQ to Boogieman117 Send a message via AIM to Boogieman117 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman117 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman117
I f'ing hate you OP. These jumps are not for beginners.
Boogieman117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
public_slots_free

Yeah, i can see how you would think that my map being decompiled and edited would be real similar to my map. WHAT THE HELL

Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 AM   #11
Adam-g1

I did send him my .vmf for the concmap5 that I made, and he could have used it, I don't care.. even though it did take forever to get that decompile fixed up, textures, teleports.. etc. BUT! He is the original creator.. it would be nice though for a "hi" or something if you are using the .vmf i made. It looks nicely textured though..
Adam-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 02:55 AM   #12
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

What Adam said...

Old 10-06-2007, 03:00 AM   #13
public_slots_free

Adam, it would have been nice if you asked me well before you did anything. I did not think it was right to say anything about it considering you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Sorry man but thats how i feel. Secondly, i dont think you need hlstriker to look out for you. Third, you didnt even put me in your text file for the map you took from me. Fourth, I have the original RMF files now so it wouldve been done anyway.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #14
Shpongle

this used to be my favourite map on TFC, so thanks alot for bringing it over to FF

some minor complaints though, the tfc version feels alot more balanced than this one, some jumps on this version are very very easy whereas others feel alot harder, for example the jump that had the platforms on tfc was about a moderate jump, you could do it in three concs if you didnt hit any of the platforms or miss the teleport but in this version you have get through the hole in the roof and onto the platform that has the teleporter on it.

its a really frustrating jump and i gave up after nearly half an hour of trying , you made me break my own rule and i had to change the gravity to get past it !!!
Shpongle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #15
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by public_slots_free
Adam, it would have been nice if you asked me well before you did anything. I did not think it was right to say anything about it considering you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Sorry man but thats how i feel. Secondly, i dont think you need hlstriker to look out for you. Third, you didnt even put me in your text file for the map you took from me. Fourth, I have the original RMF files now so it wouldve been done anyway.
You weren't around when he started to do this. It was impossible to ask you.

Also, I'm not 'looking out' for Adam. I just saw the map description and noticed it only mentioned you and Batman. I knew Adam had done some work on the FF version and thought it unfair for him not to be mentioned (even if it was a decompile and edit map). After all, he did send you what he had completed.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #16
public_slots_free

lol. The new handhelds have made some jumps very easy (dajuda, Shadow and Batman) The hole jump really isnt that bad if you do it the way I do it. The platforms got removed simply because I couldn't figure out how to add moving platforms. I will post something for you soon.

If he couldn't find me then that was his choice to do it anyway. I am a member of the catacombs and so are half the people on this forum so if he would've just asked how to find me, I am sure it would've been done. I was ready to let it go but you just keep asking and making me say this stuff. I am not mad about it or anything (even though i have every right). You seriously need to drop it.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #17
Adam-g1

Getting pretty mean are we public? You should be greatfull I even gave you the .vmf. I know I didn't add your name or anything to it, which I should have, but in all reality, you wouldn't have even did the re-make with out my .vmf I gave you :P Again, sorry for me being such a 'bad' person here, when I think I did the right thing and gave you the .vmf and completely took down the dl link for the one I did..
Adam-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #18
public_slots_free

Adam, I should take one of your maps, decompile it and release it again under my name with no mention of you. Then you please tell me how that feels. Thank you for what you did but I did not feel that I need to put your name on my map because of it. Like i said earlier, this really needs to be dropped.

EDIT

"hey man. thanks for helping me out with the RMF. if you could hold off on giving out the map for now until i decide what i will be doing with the map i would really appreciate. Please remove that link to it as well. Anyone who has it already whatever, but from here on out i would like to keep it under wraps.

Sorry you put so much work into it :*("

This is the message i sent to you. What more do you want from me man? I mean come on.

Last edited by public_slots_free; 10-06-2007 at 03:30 AM.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:16 AM   #19
Darkness24713
Another

the sun is not yellow
Darkness24713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 AM   #20
public_slots_free

lol, reflection of the moon?