Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #141
C-Aim
Better than Never

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheChainsaw
Okay you're a FF fanboy we get it. You're on Steams forums defending all aspects of FF, we understand. No reason to reply numerous times in multiple threads with the same responses my lord man.
Okay you're a fanboy fanboy we get it. You're on Steams forums defending all aspects of fanboyism, we understand. No reason to reply numerous times in multiple threads with the same responses my lord man.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #142
LeMaltor

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataskaos
are you baked?
how many shitty military style shooters do you need on the market?

the great thing about TFC was that it was arcadey...the speed...etc.
not army dudes in army clothes doing army things.

go play bf2.
Or it was a witty comment playing on the fact it's cartoony and years late

Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #143
ajniN

Quote:
Okay you're a FF fanboy we get it. You're on Steams forums defending all aspects of FF, we understand. No reason to reply numerous times in multiple threads with the same responses my lord man.
What are you talking about.. I haven't said a damn word about TF2 or FF on the steam forums. Just because I can read doesn't mean I open my mouth and eat from where I'd like too poop.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #144
Kanadwen

Send a message via AIM to Kanadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Kanadwen
Damn it, I knew I should of waited to see other peoples reactions about it. I dislike it a lot, not anything I was expecting. I just wasted $45. I only bought orange pack because of TF2, I hate hl2 single player and Portal just isn't my kind of game.

i fail

It might be better on 360, just because it seems like a watered down console game.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #145
Rawd

I hear you Kanadwen, I am dissapointed as well. But you really should give HL2 a try now that you bought it. And I think Portal might be fun as well.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #146
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadwen
I hate hl2 single
i found hl2 one of the best singleplayer games since hl1 , for single player that is

Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 PM   #147
BobTheChainsaw

I honestly don't see what you guys have against slow gameplay. I see nothing wrong with it.

I for one liked both FF and TF2.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #148
Sureshot
Winner

Quote:
I honestly don't see what you guys have against slow gameplay. I see nothing wrong with it.
Because you can already play about 20 other games with this kind of pace and similar gameplay elements. Take DOD:S for example.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #149
Thormier

Tf2 is an amazing game for 20 mins at a time and to show your friends
But when i go into a FF i find myself drawn into the game play and playing for hours

Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #150
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
well, i know im prolly gonna get flamed teh here! but, one thing about FF and TF2:
TF2 is hella different.
FF is for the most part, the same good stuff we've been playing.
i havent played TF2, so i really cant open my mouth, but i gotta say, it doesnt look like it has the total CHAOS that TFC had. FF doesnt have as much, but alot more than TF2. whenever i join a TFC server (prior to FF being released, and after hearing about the no-nades slowing down, no-chaos stuff) i silently smile to myself, seeing medics fly in all directions, sodliers rocket jumping, MIRVs on the bridge, people getting sniper and gibbed..... yea...
anywho, if they take out the respawn timer, i should be happy, but no nades? come on.... made the classes feel the same? bullshit. cop-out on valves part.... im gona play both, but really, nothing can really touch the chaosness and struchure of TFC. (BTW, i do see more clan mathex in FF. )
ah yes, HL2 is fun. buy it.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #151
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

I stated this in another thread...

TF2=Dreaming about kissing Jessica Alba and her being terrible at it. A let down.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #152
summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot
Because you can already play about 20 other games with this kind of pace and similar gameplay elements. Take DOD:S for example.
A game isn't made by its pace.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #153
mistermojo
the pumps dont work

good

- graphics are absolutely amazing, like playing a cartoon
- art style, humor
- attention to detail
- cool looking weapons

bad

- gameplay is incredibly slow
- gameplay is slowed down, simplified

Old 09-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #154
Sureshot
Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit
A game isn't made by its pace.
No, but when it's similar to other games, there needs to be something to make it stand out. Taking out a lot of core TF elements and making it slower, while not adding anything back is failing to achieve this.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #155
KaMiK3k

You guys forget TF2 is a beta, and in no way reflect the finished product!!!

FF is a released game and is bugfree!!!

cmon we all know tf2 is gonna change completely when it's released for real.

/end sarcasm :P

Old 09-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #156
BobTheChainsaw

Quote:
No, but when it's similar to other games, there needs to be something to make it stand out. Taking out a lot of core TF elements and making it slower, while not adding anything back is failing to achieve this.
Durr, let's ignore the class-based gameplay.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM   #157
Sureshot
Winner

Quote:
Durr, let's ignore the class-based gameplay.
Uh... so no other game has classes? DOD:S, BF2, ET:QW, TFC, ETF... do I need to go on?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #158
BobTheChainsaw

Quote:
Uh... so no other game has classes? DOD:S, BF2, ET:QW, TFC, ETF... do I need to go on?
Yeah, but the classes in TF2 are so much more unique. Honestly, that's the entire point of The Team Fortress series. Not bunny hopping, not the respawn time, not CTF. It's the classes, and TF2 has improved upon that aspect.

But whatevs.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 PM   #159
ChrisRP

i think its good bhoping has been taken out cause some people cant actually grasp it so its better for the newer players,

no nades, im not too sure about this, in some ways its good in some ways its not, the medic and scout conc jumping was a great asset but on dustbowl when the reds have nades its damn annoying and it makes for less of a spam fest and more of a skill game without them

the scout may be slower but he now has double jump which helps get him up places quicker, i.e upto a ledge which would normally take steps

the new demo with his sticky grenades is cool but i dont like the fact theres no det pack

as for the other classes im pretty happy

and the hw keeping his cannon rolling is pretty good, solly jumping is also good

i didnt enjoy ff when i started palying it but it did grow on me a bit, but for me tf2 wins hands down

p.s. this beta could just be a total teaser, and in the full release there may be nades :P even a civi :P

Old 09-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #160
Sureshot
Winner

Quote:
Yeah, but the classes in TF2 are so much more unique. Honestly, that's the entire point of The Team Fortress series. Not bunny hopping, not the respawn time, not CTF. It's the classes, and TF2 has improved upon that aspect.

But whatevs.
The changes that have been made between the classes in TFC and the classes in TF2 are hardly revolutionary. How are they so much more unique? Some classes have actually become LESS unique, such as the Engy being unable to give armour to people due to it being removed, and the fact that class-specific grenades have been taken out of the game has resulted in less diversity. No class has gone overgone a major overhaul, apart from the Medic I'd say, and in my mind, there is actually less differentiation than in previous incarnations.

Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Closed Thread