Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Old 08-29-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Steam Phishing (PLS Read)

Ok, so I recieved a message from a steam user named "Automatic Account Support" from the Fortress Forever group on steam.

The message was requesting my user account info. I have blocked this user, as I suspect this to be a phishing attempt. Valve does not need your user name and pw for any reason. Do not give this info out to anyone, under any circumstances. Thanks.

-Mono
(Tech Support)
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
This guy also joined {FYC} and was subsequently banned from the group for trying to phish.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
he got my username

Fuckoff/Iamafag
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Well we found out who it was... it's someone from the ff community
Already ban from e0 server

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Well we found out who it was... it's someone from the ff community
Already ban from e0 server
Gimme.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Proof? Or is this just another salem witch hunt?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
StrYdeR
FFapper

Send a message via MSN to StrYdeR
Excuse me. I am not the phisher nor am I the account hacker Geo and the corresponding group of people have automatically taken me to be. Since Ive logged into steam today and read the events 50 posted I have gone from a shocked and concerned party to convicted phisher felon on nothing more than 50's mention that I logged into steam yesterday around the time the actual phisher" was getting banned from FYC steam group and or logging off.

It seems given the somewhat rocky past between 50, Little Dragon and myself everyone invovled Spectre, .dt including the aforementioned were easily won over by this completley circumstancial "evidence" of 50's as if to say I would have to be out to get them somehow becuase of past events.

Im compelled to confront this notion first and head on. Since the problems and my subsequent bannage from the FYC forums I have made every effort to avoid problems or confrontation including opting out of joining servers they were activley engaged in. Im here to have some fun, be a lil wild and most of all play some FF and try to engage in the community. Engaging in the community requires a level of current knowlegde, with that said id like to submit this screenshot.

Ive held this account since the 5th of Aug. a few days after my ban. In the almost month ive had this "secret" account Ive used it for absolutley nothing more than keeping current. It wasnt/hasnt been used to negativley effect FYC nor its members in anyway. I could have been, but wasnt as it is not in StrYdeR to do such things.

There is more. I appologize for the length of this but with the one sided way this has all gone against me I am being forced to defend myself. A late start Im getting as i remained nearly clueless to the severity of the situtation right up until the point i was banned from e0 by dt. Reason: Fag

Knowing only what i read from the events posted by 50 awhile earlier i joined the e0 server where 50, Dragon, dt., Spectre, and Geo were playing. This was odd in itself as for the past many weeks 50, dragon and spectre could only be seen behind locked servers. dt. hit me with "Why did you do it stryder?" Almost immediately after joining. didnt pay much mind, he continued without relent to the point it started to seem like given the populus of the server fun was being had at my expense. Things like "You sure were cool in TFC, what happened to you?" and "Are you on drugs stryder? Whats wrong with you??" keept being repeated. At this point i was frankly clueless to the wrong that was being forced onto me. "Leave me alone" i finally responded after around the 6th restating of the above.

The rest of this will move quickly. Now being banned and learning in the process I was being accused of the phishing i recieved a few messages aswell as a discussion (instead of spear throwing as was done in the server) between dt. and myself. All I can do here is provide pieces of my character as evidence to the contrary.

Shorty after being banned a rare message from Little Dragon. By my response you can tell im going through the "Conspiracy" Phase. Really just searching for answers.

dt. - StrYdeR Convo
.dt
Never tell your password to anyone.
.dt.: why the fuck were you doing that?
.dt.: just give me a reasonable answer... don't say "I was high" or "I was bored"
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: how about wtf u talkin about? as ive not been on for 2 days and you all seem completley sold on the fact it was me doing the whatever.... I ask, where da proof?
.dt.: ok, fine. I'll ask them for the proof
.dt.: if they're wrong, I'll be sure we apologize
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: i mean come on... phishing? lmfao. Excuse me but theres better things to do with ones time
.dt.: but I do have to ask... when we did ask you, you said "idk, I was bored"
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: no i didnt
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: i said, oh leave me alone
.dt.: you also said "idk, I was bored"
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: i also said, "yea like ive got nothing better to do with my time than this"
.dt.: you only said it once
.dt.: ok, let's pretend I mishead you then
.dt.: I've asked for the proof from the others
.dt.: 50 says you came online like 30s after the phisher was kicked
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: well excuse the hell outta me... what kinda proof is that?
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: i wonder how many other people logged onto steam when i did
.dt.: how many people play FF though?
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: hell i dunno, do you?
.dt.: well, I can't do anything at the moment
.dt.: I can neither prove nor deny given the proof I've seen
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: the proof, of me loggin onto steam...nice
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: a ban from e0? hows that anything to do with fyc?
.dt.: that's not to say that you're clear of it though, unless geo, 50, and I misheard you
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: what is this... a rouse.
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: if this isnt... id like some info.
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: who was, when were they, how were they, what were they "Phishing"
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: screenshots, logs, demos.
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: gimme something here other than 50 said you logged on after the "phisher"
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: which basically translates into "LETS FUCK WITH STRYDER AND CAUSE HIM PROBLEMS CAUSE WE DONT LIKE HIM"
.dt.: both sides present good arguments
.dt.: so for now, I can't do a thing
๖ۣۜStrYdeۜRۣ๖: i can
----------------------------------------------
Taking a defensive stance. Sarcasim being brought out in learning what was really going on but mostly having false or misunderstood words put in my mouth. Plz, focus not only on my words but really look at .dt's aswell.

Im just here to play FF guys. Most of you who have spent any time around me at all know if stryders gonna do anything its gonna be in FF and prolly over the voice coms I think there are those who would state it very unlikey for me to do something like ive been accused/convicted of as its quite frankly in this mans mind...a pointless timewasting venture.

Id like to end reiterating my current status of being Banned from e0 server and Guilty of phishing....yet i believe is was dt. that said it best in our convo earlier.

.dt.: well, I can't do anything at the moment
.dt.: I can neither prove nor deny given the proof I've seen

Hmm...
StrYdeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
Matt
Offical Pain In Your Ass.

Class/Position: D-Soilder O-Scout
Gametype: The fun kind
Affiliations: Or. FYC
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Matt
Okay since I am Not involved

I feel I can talk from a different prospective. I fear only now i will be dragged into it. But my lag of caring is not stopping my big mouth from talking. First off things need to be done. Mabey
  • A public Trial where you present proof against Stryder
  • Actual evidence against Stryder, not this bull "Well he logged in 30 seconds after"
    \
Banning him from the FYC forums and the :eO: server is obviously nothing i can change due to the fact that It is not my server and I have no control over the forums. But some things I can do is point out that the accused, Stryder, has been nothing but a friendly player, someone who introduced new players to the game, and the creator of FUCK YO COUCH, not FYC ugc 5v5 not fun bullshit. He was making this game fun for me, and others. Now you ban him from the Forums he practically created? He's banned from one of the popular servers, if not the most, all on nothing but a non-official statement (By 50bmg) that proves NOTHING at all. Exactly what Stryder said. Present the demo's the logs, and all of that good stuff that would prove that your not just blaming Stryder on a hunch.

Personal if I was new to this game and heard of this shit, I would drop this game and the drama before I was pulled into it. Why ban someone who is attracting more players who come here for fun. All the new players I've seen have been those TF2 lovers. You know the one's "TF2 is better, this game sucks, yada yada yada." We need actual new players who are here for fun, not to bitch about how another game/mod is better. and i cant get this point across enough, but you are all idiots for banning one of the most fun people on this game.

What ever, I'm not done I just have to go to my Aunts funeral, Fuck you for banning Stryder and I swear if nothing gets changed I will boycott e0 and the new fyc and I'll be sure to get people to follow me.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I swear if nothing gets changed I will boycott e0 and the new fyc and I'll be sure to get people to follow me.
I hope you're already banned from the environment you threatening... or that they are more tollerant they we would be in this case.

Either way, didn't know this was an internal struggle, we'll kindly back out of this discussion and watch the evidence presented from a distance.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

I think this needs to be resolved in private before it turns into a flame war. We've got stryder's response, can we lock the thread?

Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Closed by OPR.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
StrYdeR
FFapper

Send a message via MSN to StrYdeR
Phishing Addition

I appologize for going this route but i was to slow in adding a bit more to that thread for it got locked....maybe you could add it to it? perhaps unlock it allow me to add it....i feel its important these things are known aswell they speak for my character and intent. Here what i wanted to add...

Before that happens Id just like to add that through all of this and spanning clear back to the time i was banned from FYC I have had and continue to hold full admin over the FYC server... Yea i know right, its unbelievable nay inconcievable the low down rotten no good for nothing Phisher of Fortress could be trusted to such a thing.... Or could it, should it, be said that he himself was never held in such an untrusting place by those who now stalk his demise to be given a thought of revoking such an ability.

While ive the chance im going to go ahead and throw this in to further sustain my neutralness toward FYC.

My submission into the logo contest FYC held on their forums only weeks ago.

These things whether grouped or itemized put forth a fairly balanced picture of my intents.
StrYdeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I am the phisher.

*kidding of course. I wonder who actually believed me.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 08-29-2008 at 08:51 PM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Now if this is the case you see what jumping to conclusions can cause. Wrongly accusing somebody of shit with out proper proof is just wrong.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #15
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Re-Opened by Request of Original Poster.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #16
$h4m3

Before I begin, I wanna state that eO or whoever has the right to ban whoever they want for whatever reason they want to.

I also believe that if they wanted to ban Stryder for being stryder, they should have done so under those circumstances instead of trying to pin phishing on him without any solid proof. If you're going to sling mud at somebody, you better be able to back up your accusations. So far, I haven't seen any proof so I'm not feeling he should be banned under the accusation of phishing.
$h4m3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I found it annoying last night that, when this happened, I got alt-tabbed out of my non-steam games when I got the message to receive a message from some guy who mass-messaged everybody in FYC. Cool. I gave him my username and password (Ilike2/Suxbigdix) and said "GLAD I WON'T HAVE MY ACCOUNT BANNED YEAH!"

So I alt-tabbed back into my game, played for about 5 minutes, and then I was alt-tabbed by an announcement. "COOL" I thought out loud. Actually, it was more of an exclamation than anything else. I read the announcement which was something along the lines of "A PHISHER HAS INFILTRATED OUR SHIT AHHH" and I alt-tabbed back into my game.

Then, about 5 minutes later, I got alt-tabbed again. "FUCK YEAH ALRIGHT" I exclaimed as I danced a jig that only one of irish, dutch, and viking descent could dance! It was pretty much the same thing except this time it said "A PHISHER SHIT DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR INFO AAAAAHHHHH!" I alt-tabbed back in and continued to dominate the universe as the guys who go Jihad on everyone (literally).

I played for a bit and then I was alt-tabbed again. "YEAH BOOOOY!" The message read "WE BANNED THE GUY!" and I alt-tabbed back in. This time, my game crashed. YEAH! AWESOME~~~~~~_^^^^^^^!

In short: Steam pisses me off and I hate it now.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #18
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism

Now then, that thats outta my system I dont wanna get in to a mudslingin contest , im just here to state i think its wrong to ban someone for coming online after a suspected phishing attempt, cuz most definitely that person has just GOTTA be the perp. And with that said i cant see why you would ban anyway. If there is to be a banning from teh game server, it should have to do with the game, not speculating that they are trying to steal your schitt, but its your server, just like it's [o-t]'s server, run it how YOU see fit. that is all

p.s. steam fails @ life
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #19
Icculus
D&A Member

Now I got love for all my homies including all of FYC and Stryder and don't like to see anyone banned. Especially from eO! One of the best servers out there.

Is there any real proof that Stryder did this besides the fact that his account logged onto Steam shortly after the Phisher logged off? That doesn't sound too convincing and I would think that any Judge worth his salt would throw the case out the window at that point due to insufficient evidence.

My 2 cents.

-Icculus {FYC}

**EDIT**

Did anyone actually send in their info? I just laughed and closed the window.

**/EDIT**
Icculus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #20
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

If someone tries to phish your account, go to their steam page, right click on "add to your friends list", select copy short cut. This will give you their numeric steam number (not their text id because they can change that). Give that to me, I can translate it into a steam-id.

Scuzzy