Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
o_backstaber

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
"Convert to Islam" Video ...

While I don't know how many of ya have heard of this video yet. (I have yet to have found the actual video)
But as the story goes an American who converted to Islam and joined Al-Qaida is asking Americans to "cast off the cloak of the spiritual darkness which enshrouds them and emerge into the light of Islam?"

The Article I have read so far is this one.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060903/D8JT50S01.html

My Answer? No.

Discussion, Debating, Flaming?
Also, I ask of you religion haters out there, keep it to a minimum and keep it clean. :P
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
religion sucks.....

...well i kept it to a minimum anyway

Old 09-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
o_zippy

when i see topics like these i often walk past them.
o_zippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
o_yomamashouse

Hot damn, its been a while since an awesome topic like this came up.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervaka
religion sucks.....

...well i kept it to a minimum anyway
What he said.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
o_doom

you know that guys effectively killed himself. not to mention he's being retarded, he was raised in america, he went to school long enough to know our motto "hey, have your religion, we dont care, take a look at those scientology freaks"
o_doom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
o_frenchtoast

Yeeeeah... the US is much less tolerant of other religions than you'ld like to think.\

But I'm keeping to a minimum, so.... bai.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #8
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Reminds me of the Iraqi information minister part 2.

Not NO but hell NO.

US is less tolerant of other religions....riiiiiiight....
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
o_frenchtoast

Well, a poll was taken that said something like only 8% of the population would vote for a political member if he was atheist, regardless of his political views.

Also, I'm sure since the anti middle east sentiment has grown after 9/11 nobody's dying to claim association with Islam.

But anyways, I know discussions about religion are pointless with you, because you stray from intelligent discussion and into the realm of 'God exists because the bible says so, and the bible is true 'cause it's Gods word' and all the stupid paradoxes that religious people make so that you can't have an intelligent debate with them.

Bye.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Well, a poll was taken that said something like only 8% of the population would vote for a political member if he was atheist, regardless of his political views.

Also, I'm sure since the anti middle east sentiment has grown after 9/11 nobody's dying to claim association with Islam.

But anyways, I know discussions about religion are pointless with you, because you stray from intelligent discussion and into the realm of 'God exists because the bible says so, and the bible is true 'cause it's Gods word' and all the stupid paradoxes that religious people make so that you can't have an intelligent debate with them.

Bye.
Yes, but Atheists can practice their religion. The fact that they're not trusted enough for public office is different and has nothing to do with Religious Tolerance.

And then you stray to insults. FT, you need to grow up.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
You both need to shut the fuck up whenever religion is involved. You might as well be throwing pebbles at each other.

And Innoc, you're one to talk about turning to insults. Sheesh. It all comes 'round...

Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
o_crazy carl

Crazy people will always find something to go crazy about. If it's not religion it's pop culture or sex or even breakfast cereal (coco puffs I'm looking in your direction).
o_crazy carl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
o_yomamashouse

I was thinking on it and in a way Atheism is essentially the same as religion in the way that it is steadfast belief towards the existence/non-existence. Aethiesm is about being as certain about god not existing as religion is about God existing(and knowing everything he thinks, but that is for another time).

Agnostiscism ftw.

Oh ya and I hope that guy gets shot for being such a moron. Seeing the "truth" is what got the Middle East into what it is today. ALALALALALALALALALALALALA
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #14
o_dr zoidberg

What's crazy about being aware of your situation?

YoMamasHouse
Please alobrate HOW THE FLYING FUCK its essentially the same as religion?
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #15
o_backstaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
YoMamasHouse
Please alobrate HOW THE FLYING FUCK its essentially the same as religion?
Well, since your being lazy and not researching it for yourself before posting, and I had some spare time. Here.

Religion: "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe"
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Yes, but Atheists can practice their religion. The fact that they're not trusted enough for public office is different and has nothing to do with Religious Tolerance.
so? it's still a double standard. i see that as 'less tolerant' than say, the UK. they encourage minorities into such positions, be them atheist or muslim or whatever.

religion and politics mixed are fucking dangerous. just look back at the last 7000 years for example. people still use religion as a tool to this day.

question: why not trust an atheist?

Old 09-05-2006, 01:01 AM   #17
o_frenchtoast

There isn't a good reason, and that, as I said, makes the US less tolerant of other religions then they'd like to believe. Heaven forbid someone make such an observation.

Anyhoo, Atheism is in a way like a religion. However, it isn't the same. Most, if not all, atheists come to their conclusions through their own research/observations instead of the blind faith/conditioning that is normally apparent in religion. Also, Atheism is much less based on faith than religion. In religion, you have to have an incredible amount of faith just to try and defend your views. Atheists seem more willing to rationally talk about it, and debate both sides of the issue, and base their claims on scientific fact/evidence.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #18
o_darknight

I guess that Atheists are actually in a minority and most people fall under the line of Agnostiscism (or whatever), even though it's more commonly just refered to as the former. Meaning that most people don't believe in a God because they see no reason to and after research it doesn't seem a particularly likely option. However, they're also aware of the fact that there is so much that we don't understand (what was there before the big bang etc) and the fact that it's possible for some greater being to have put the whole thing into motion. But, can also see the most basic flaws in religion. What was there before God? Who created him and who created the thing that created God? And what was there before then? Why do different religions believe in different/multiple Gods? etc.

Long story short. There are holes in a theory that has substantial scientific backing compared theory based entirely upon faith to quickly answer all those hard to understand niggling questions that are around that we just couldnt quite be bothered to try to solve.

Feel free to believe whatever you wish but whenever something as stupid as whether you believe in a different God, or believe in no God at all changes someones views instantly of another person - it becomes apparent that the whole thing is just ludicrous.

"An athiest is a lesser person than me because he thinks different."
"A Black man is a lesser person than me because he looks different."

meh.. /end I guess, much too tired.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2006, 02:11 AM   #19
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknight
"An athiest is a lesser person than me because he thinks different."
"A Black man is a lesser person than me because he looks different."
Nice
Straight to my sig
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2006, 03:20 AM   #20
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
You both need to shut the fuck up whenever religion is involved. You might as well be throwing pebbles at each other.

And Innoc, you're one to talk about turning to insults. Sheesh. It all comes 'round...
Really? Where did I insult him?

As far as STFU about religion I will always respond when someone is ignorant, wrong or lying about religion. So get over it or put me on ignore.

As far as Atheists being not trusted there was a whole different thread about that. Search it up.