Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #321
o_nadagast

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Weapons behave slightly different too. And im not sure if HL1 had this, but in source stray bullets from getting inaccurate shots (using the cone of fire system) are tracked and if hit other targets they actually dmg that spot. you know, all the "OMFG foot/chest shot Headshots!! lame engine!" crap ;P
You think that there is actually a possibility that bullets just aren't tracked in CS, when the person is spraying and running? I don't know what to say... Think about what you said
o_nadagast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #322
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadagast
You think that there is actually a possibility that bullets just aren't tracked in CS, when the person is spraying and running? I don't know what to say... Think about what you said
Older engines behaived that way. im even pretty shure CS use to have a predefined spray pattern diddnt it? I diddnt think it was acual random bullet tracking :/ but again maby im wrong :/ it has been a while. (also older engines diddnt have bullet tracking, spraying just reduced chance to hit to that box)
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #323
o_nadagast

Quote:
Older engines behaived that way.
What engines? I'd be really surprised if the game just made bullets dissapear if they weren't that close to your xhair.
o_nadagast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2006, 09:22 AM   #324
o_nezumi

Quote:
And the probably biggest thing like you said is competitive play, and not to be a douche, but not everyone has a great comp. Many of those people who compete ill bet money cant handle source to the spec needed to compete without a handicap.
Yes, but broadly speaking, competitive players == fps whores. This is true of any game. I'd be willing to be money that the average competitive CS player has a MUCH better computer than the average non-competitive player. (that and an $80 mouse/keyboard )
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #325
o_zaskar

Yea, even i cant handle the sorce engine at max res if the map has HDR on it >< i get that ever so slight mouse lag. Then again i run the resolution at 1680x1050 widescreen. If I ran it at 1280x1024 my comp could run it at max with HDR no sweat :P

Most gamers usually have great comps, but it doesn't mean their rich, most people build awesome comps, then it lasts like 3 years, a 2-3 year old comp isn't running the source engine at max rez + HDR don't matter how awesome it was :P

Old 08-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #326
o_foose

1280x1024 is the best resolution there is IMO. Any higher is just a waste of pixels and FPS
o_foose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #327
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foose
1280x1024 is the best resolution there is IMO. Any higher is just a waste of pixels and FPS
Ehh on wide screen you need to go slightly higher, and on a Flat panel you have to use its native resolution or shit is blurry :/

Old 08-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #328
o_foose

True, forgot to add the widescreen exception. I also have LCD, wich I am forced to use 1280. But I aint complaining
o_foose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #329
o_zaskar

Its cool for now though, even at that res i run, as long as i disable HDR i can run it at max settings.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:10 AM   #330
o_nezumi

Well, HDR is really a non-issue in that respect, becaue, once again, competitive gamers == FPS whores, so they'd all have HDR off.

Broadly speaking.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #331
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

I had HDR on in DoD, but I didn't really care about my performance

Yeah, I'd probably leave HDR on for a bit in FF until the cool factor wore off, then I'd turn it off. Not for the FPS gain, but because being blinded can be a problem
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #332
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
I had HDR on in DoD, but I didn't really care about my performance

Yeah, I'd probably leave HDR on for a bit in FF until the cool factor wore off, then I'd turn it off. Not for the FPS gain, but because being blinded can be a problem
Yea, oh man especially on custom maps where people go HDR crazy. There was this 1 HDR surf map that i joined, was solid light, couldn't see shit :P

Old 08-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #333
o_darknight

Quote:
Yea, running those default maps with high rez and HDR enabled on a box that cant handle it will do that :/ (BTW< only Really high end boxes can run HDR at high rez without that "moving through gravy" feeling)
Actually, wrong. I have a system that can run CS:S to med detail (no HDR) and I generally play with lower detail settings to boost my FPS somewhat. I was refering to the dire movement physics in CS:S. That is the gravy part. Realism for the lose.

I thought you said knee-headshots didnt happen in CS:S?
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #334
o_zaskar

They don't. Having a stray bullet randomly hit someones head because you were moving or holding the fire button enough to make the cone of fire become huge doesn't could as a hotbox problem.
If your gonna argue that that still is a knee headshot, then you can fuck yourself :P

I dont know what you mean about the movement physics though. you can move fast as hell, just play any surf map and tell me that the engine chokes your speed. Are you talking about the jumping?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:07 AM   #335
o_yossee

hmmm

I think bhop should be increased. I was thinking, that perhaps you could have the stock standard bhop at whatever speed it's been set at, but have a super bhop speed that lasts for a set time. Like, say bhop is set to 170%, have a seperate bhop speed that can be activated intermittantly with a total of 2 seconds of so of high speed, which charges back up when released.

So, you could be bhoping and need a sudden burst of speed for dodging purposes, and bang you hold the button down for a split second, and you're moving heaps faster, and then, you tap it again. So, 2 seconds of super bhop takes like 10 seconds to recharge. And you could make the super speed like 250% for sudden surges.
o_yossee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #336
o_player

That would be boring :P
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #337
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Bhopping will be inceased from TFC's 170% cap, and the cap will be a lot more fluid, so you'll be able to briefly exceed it before being slowed back down to the cap. All it takes is a good curve, which would require far more skill than simply tapping a button.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #338
o_yossee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Bhopping will be inceased from TFC's 170% cap, and the cap will be a lot more fluid, so you'll be able to briefly exceed it before being slowed back down to the cap. All it takes is a good curve, which would require far more skill than simply tapping a button.
Good :P I'm so there.
o_yossee is offline   Reply With Quote