Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Cheese

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
NFO and OldTimers pubs have me banned?

I'd like to play FF but I can't pub because the only two populated NA pubs (NFA and OldTimersClan) have me banned even though I've never been to either of them.

I went to the OldTimersClan forums (http://oldtimersclan.com) to see what's up and I can't even register because banned players aren't allowed, and their complaint link is broken! I noticed that they have basically all of the world banned from their pub for no reason:

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/ot_banlog.php

My reason is as follows:
9/16/07 3:00 pm Cheese STEAM_0:1:3613037 Clan Administrative Directive #2

from
http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/ot_b...ffset=650&typ=

What the hell is "Administrative Directive #2" lol? I didn't even play any games at the date they have me banned. They have over 50 pages of these bans with bullshit reasons. No wonder no one tries to play FF. TFC players install and join the first pub they see they are banned... and give up.

I tried nfo-clan.com but it looks like no one posts in their Forums anyway. I assume they use the same retarded super-ban list as OldTimersClan.

If I'm going to be banned from Nazi servers I would at least like a chance to join them to provoke them jeez. Anyone know who's in charge of these places b/c they are really hurting FF.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Two things here

First how they run their server is up to them. I really wish people would stop complaining in the FF forums about non related issues.If you have an issue with a server please take the time to PM one of the server clan members here instead of airing dirty laundry.

Seconded if you un check the has people playing filter (in fact un check all your filters except the one for FF). Then look for [AE] Clan, :e0:, [sYn] all three are pub friendly. Go to the active servers thread. Any of the above people will join shortly if you do depending on the time of day. Also we have a ff pickup channel for more organized play. #ff.pickup on gamesurge IRC.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Yeah, I can always choose among 3 or 4 servers... oh, yeah the UGC server is public too.

Even if one of the main servers is empty, you can hop on their and it will fill up w/in a map.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Cheese

e0 has 100 ping to me (making shooting rockets more or less impossible) and I've never seen any other pubs populated but I'll take your word for it I guess.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Go check this link out. I can play fine at about 150 ping as long as I have decent FPS.
http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=10899

Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
Cheese

No rockets are just delayed more in FF then TFC period. It was already difficult to hit rockets with high ping in TFC. It's just twice as hard in FF.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese
I went to the OldTimersClan forums (http://oldtimersclan.com) to see what's up and I can't even register because banned players aren't allowed, and their complaint link is broken!
Seems to work fine for me, where are you clicking on it from?

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/sendmessage.php

Quote:
9/16/07 3:00 pm Cheese STEAM_0:1:3613037 Clan Administrative Directive #2

What the hell is "Administrative Directive #2" lol? I didn't even play any games at the date they have me banned. They have over 50 pages of these bans with bullshit reasons. No wonder no one tries to play FF. TFC players install and join the first pub they see they are banned... and give up.
How do I get unbanned from the [o-t] servers?

then look at:

I was banned for "Clan Administrative Directive"", what does that mean?

Quote:
I tried nfo-clan.com but it looks like no one posts in their Forums anyway. I assume they use the same retarded super-ban list as OldTimersClan.

If I'm going to be banned from Nazi servers I would at least like a chance to join them to provoke them jeez. Anyone know who's in charge of these places b/c they are really hurting FF.
You can contact the Nazi's for Old Timers at: http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/sendmessage.php

Scuzzy

Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
I like the "no further information available" Nice way to say "We don't like you, gtfo" really.

First infraction! Flaming!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
I like the "no further information available" Nice way to say "We don't like you, gtfo" really.
There are very few cases when Administrative Directives have been required. The entire clan must agree upon them before they are created and they are always extraordinary circumstances. They are not added willy-nilly and must be justified to the entire clan prior to being instituted. Only 126 of the 2154 bans, out of the 83534 individuals in our system are Clan Administrative Directive bans. That's less then less then 1/20th of a percent of our playerbase, and insignificant amount of players.

Scuzzy

Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Cheese

So you are telling me your entire clan of nobodies I've never had any contact with ever agreed to ban me for no reason? What...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
guys... this is not the place for it.
locked.

Closed Thread