Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Marxist
Beta Tester

Gametype: CTF/AVD
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Rogue vtf?

I have a really neat little problem, I discovered recently that the .vmts from another mod would let me change blood color/shape etc...So with my typical devil may care attitude I proceeded to make some new blood to test out, the only problem is there's so much of it, it causes a good deal of choke when people are shot/die Normally this wouldn't be a problem, just delete the modified files and move on right? So here's where I'm having issues, there's one thing in particular that seems to be giving me trouble and I can't figure out why it's doing what its doing. Basically when someone dies from an explosion with the modified blood, this is what happpens:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc288/aesirsfallen/?action=view&current=ff_openfire0003-1.jpg

Now while that looks like a nice little gorey exploding death, the choke stacks rather quickly, especially in a game with 8 or more people throwing grenades/rockets/pipes etc... So in an attempt to fix it I first deleted all of the modified vtf/vmt and tried to play again. While the majority of the blood, notably the hits from regular weapons was fixed, these huge explosion messes remained, still costing 5 choke a pop. So I overwrote my effects folder with an older backup. Now here's the fun part. The first game I play after I backed up my effects folder seemed to be going well, however within 1-2 deaths, the explosion death blood started showing up again. Now, mind you all of the modified files have been overwritten and are most certainly gone. The one thats showing up now isnt the same as that screenshot, its a smaller "sphere" of gore and its somewhat dissipated and subdued, however it still racks up 5 choke for every 1 death by explosion. I have looked EVERYWHERE for the cause of this, but can't seem to track it down. I've never had any type of a gore explosion before, in the past all that typically happened when someone died of an explosion was a flying ragdoll, as I have all my options cranked down to maximize fps. In conclusion, the only thing that I can think of is that somehow this file regenerates itself, (I've overwritten my entire materials folder multiple times from varied backups) So if anyone can think of a fix for this oddity, I'd love to hear the suggestions. Thanks.
ff_high_flag_b4
Marxist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
That's one creepy VTF file; Some straight up horror movie shit.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Rawh
FF Whiner
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D Engy, D Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
zombie attack!
Rawh is offline   Reply With Quote