Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #121
GhostinG

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
i never said i wanted it to die, but it will eventually, i dont really see this as a big issue but im tired of reading about esad and all the bad things about it also trojan doesnt support him if u fucking read what he wrote....
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanman
Ren I didnt not say I approve of it but I do know he was doing it. I'm not going to be his parent and tell him what he can and can not do. I don't want Siscos or Ghost to be blamed because there is no possible way for them to have been involved in the actual crash itself.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #122
Suite307

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The only bad thing about ESAD is Muchez being a douche and that's the issue, no one is generalizing about anything, the fact that you guys don't give a crap about a friend that's tarnishing your names is stupid. Tell him to stop being a douche.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #123
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostinG
soooooooooooooooo what happend to you looking out for the community in fact if u take ur stupid ass percentages and compare them with the people total now
there is no where near 43,000 people now so those statistics are stupid.......i dont care how many people come to your server it doesnt prove anything, its for people who are new to the game, i have infact played on your server and half of the people reminded me of bots becuase alot of them did not know what they are doing.
You're playing in the wrong servers then my friend, for as far as I have seen TFC is doing just fine, as least enough for our little 32 slot server.

Unique steam-ids connecting in the last 365 days: 32,786
Unique steam-ids connecting in the last 100 days: 10,319
Unique steam-ids connecting in the last 30 days: 3,614

Your TFC environment may be dying, ours isn't.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #124
nex nicholai
Predates/not in "Clan NeX"

Quote:
... im tired of reading about esad and all the bad things about it
Then I would suggest you either stop reading the forums or try to repair your guild's reputation by editing your roster.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #125
GhostinG

scuzzy your statistics dont prove anything at all becuase where are all those players? when i refresh my server list i get around 450 servers most of the servers are either full of bots or regular players who have been around for a long time............i hardly ever see any new names or even servers that have people in them for that matter....

Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #126
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
i never said i wanted it to die, but it will eventually, i dont really see this as a big issue but im tired of reading about esad and all the bad things about it also trojan doesnt support him if u fucking read what he wrote....
Let's add some timestamps in there my friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan on Jul 04, 2007 - 05:22 PM
chances are if your server didnt have such lame rules toward skills community players they wouldnt be doing that. Have a nice day.
then (from your post on his comments)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan on Jul 05, 2007 - 08:23 PM
Ren I didnt not say I approve of it but I do know he was doing it. I'm not going to be his parent and tell him what he can and can not do. I don't want Siscos or Ghost to be blamed because there is no possible way for them to have been involved in the actual crash itself.
then ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan on Jul 06, 2007 - 08:54 PM
On another note, at least we can still crash your shit server. This is what happends when you mess with ESAD. Enjoy your Server AiDs.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #127
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
scuzzy your statistics dont prove anything at all becuase where are all those players? when i refresh my server list i get around 450 servers most of the servers are either full of bots or regular players who have been around for a long time............i hardly ever see any new names or even servers that have people in them for that matter....
You were claiming that our rules are obviously hated by the majority of the community because we had 23 pages of bans. I'm merely pointing out that, statistically, you're wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. We have plenty of new blood coming into our server, our server and forums would not continue to grow if that was not the case. Again, you're community and servers may be dieing, ours isn't. We have families that have three generations playing in our server, son, father, and grandfather. If your community is dieing, it is not because no one is playing the game.

On a side note, we aren't trying to attract "elite" players, we're trying to attrack people that are fun to play with, that have good personalities, and that enjoy the game. You stated that people in our environment didn't know what they were doing. That is entirely possible from your point of view, we have very few skills players or people that are interested in conc/jump maps.

Scuzzy

Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #128
Cnorris

I bet they did the spy/med thing. Takes 3 ppl. 2 people go medic , 1 on each team, and 1 person go spy on EITHER team. spy feigns anywhere in any map, and both meds on each team just go heal him = crash...simple

Old 07-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #129
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
You didn't read the thread, did you?

Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #130
Etzell
D&A Member

Yeah, ESAD... full of douches.
Muchez for crashing servers, others for standing by and not doing anything about it. Silver_fox, you're a douche for going with him and laughing about it. "Oh man, it's so fun to ruin someone else's experience because we're too immature to just go somewhere else." Don't try to backpedal around it, you're just as bad as he is.

No one forced anyone to go into the O-T server. They had rules you guys didn't like before you got there, they'll continue to have rules you guys don't like. The only difference now is that you won't be allowed to go there. All this instead of one person saying: "Uh, hey guys? Let's just go somewhere else." You're a skills community, WHY are you going to the O-T server?

I've had my share of disagreements with Scuzzy, but this time he's absolutely right in what he's doing.

I'd like to say that I have lost any respect for the members of ESAD. If you don't like what someone's doing, there are ways to voice your disapproval. No one has done so without cop-outs like: "Oh man, you guys have shitty rules, you should expect it" or "I'm not gonna tell him what to do, he can be a douche all he wants!" or "Just let it die, it's not an issue!" or even "You guys don't know how great this guy is at the game, that should mean anything completely pointless and idiotic he does should be ignored!"

Old 07-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #131
Beetle
Beta than eva'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
You didn't read the thread, did you?

Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #132
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnorris
I bet they did the spy/med thing. Takes 3 ppl. 2 people go medic , 1 on each team, and 1 person go spy on EITHER team. spy feigns anywhere in any map, and both meds on each team just go heal him = crash...simple
Ignore Circ, how much you wanna bet?

Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #133
Cnorris

100$ :P

Old 07-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #134
Beetle
Beta than eva'

i had someone try that on a server i adminned at. apparently they were doing it wrong, got impatient and just started to spam the place with nail nades...congestus.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #135
Marshmallow Noob
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Really? How about what Scuzzy didn't post?

http://www.concs-r-us.com/index.php?...ewtopic&t=2146

It'd almost seem that Scuzzy was attacking Trojan for not being a parent to Muchez. But that's just the way I see it. If you read the thread, You'll realize that most of the skills community doesn't condone Muchez's actions.
I was gonna read this thread, but Trojan's fucking avatar is so fucking annoying i just closed it.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #136
Going Postal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
You stated that people in our environment didn't know what they were doing. That is entirely possible from your point of view, we have very few skills players or people that are interested in conc/jump maps.

Scuzzy
*cough* *cough* AHHHHHHEM!!!!

Maybe one of these days I will go and show the guys over at eSAP's (c'mon, that's a little funny) how to conc jump. However I highly doubt it, I have no urge whatsoever to play with these guys or prove anything. hahahah Elitist my rear. I can see it already, they will call me chicken now

Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #137
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Ignore Circ, how much you wanna bet?
Quote:
100$ :P
First off, I would like to point out that Cnorris owes someone $100.

Now you get to hear my rambling!

If you haven't read, I'm the one that created the server crash script (you can now start hating me). I gave the script to a few of my friends that I could trust in never releasing it to the public, this way it didn't get out of control. The only friend that used the script for more then a day was, you guessed it, Muchez. Like a lot of the other ESAD members have said, I don't control others actions. I don't agree with crashing the same server repeatedly over and over again, but at the same time I can't stop it (but server admins can!, read on).

I'm not a bad guy at all, nor are a lot of other ESAD members who have gotten the shaft throughout this incident. I actually like to be known as a nice/good person and try to stay on good terms with just about everyone. For this reason I felt bad about releasing the script to my friends and decided to make a fix for it.

Before getting to the fix, I would like to spread some knowledge. The threads title is "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): ED_Alloc: no free edicts". What does this mean? As Svampn stated on the second post, this means there are more entities in the world then the server allows.

There are two ways to fix this.
1.) In the server startup command line add... -num_edicts 2048
- This will enable more entities to be in the world at the same time (note that this does not edit the precache entity limit). If you need even more entities, make the number greater than 2048.

2.) If you run AMXX you can use the patch I made that will stop this crash from happening.
- This is the safest method due to the power of the script that I created. If you don't use this your server can still be potentially crashed.
- You can download the AMXX patch here.
- If you are scared that I added something 'dangerous' into the patch, go here and see it is approved on the official AMXX website.

I'm sorry that this has gone on as long as it has, and any harm it has caused. Please just remember that we aren't 'bad guys'. Sometimes we just make the wrong decisions.

As for the 'rude remarks' made by some ESAD members, they are just trying to defend Muchez. Learn to know him and he's a good guy. You can't judge someone by a wrong thing they do, if that was the case then we all would be to blame for something at one point or another.

----[EDIT]-------
Oh BTW Ghosting, why are you trying to push all the blame onto me when you have been BEGGING constantly for me to give you this script?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #138
Beetle
Beta than eva'

why make it in the first place? What other use is it if not to cause mischief?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #139
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle
why make it in the first place? What other use is it if not to cause mischief?
It wasn't originally supposed to crash servers. While making it my server crashed and I didn't think anything of it being the script that caused that. Then when I tried to use the script again another time the server crashed again. I then realized the script could crash servers. So, it was on accident that the script even exists.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #140
Beetle
Beta than eva'

oh okay, that makes you less guilty. (no sarcasm)

Closed Thread