Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #41
o_kermit

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I've had a run around on Eats version of Crossover2 for FF and the changes hes made to the map are phenomenal.
Crossover2 was always a fun map to play, however it was never a strong map in clan situations due to several design flaws. :\
I can't wait to play this map competitively as its more balanced than ever before and just designed with teamplay finesse!

Great work eatpal!
o_kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #42
o_darthgreg

rebo or eat (or any dev), care to shed any light on the goal of the changes we see to the map here? Two seperate bridges, will teams be forced to only leave their base via one of those bridges? What about the raised flag platform?

I realize it's a work in progress, but I, and I'm sure others, would be interested what kind of gameplay changes you are trying to achieve with some of these revamps, and overall. I may be too bold in saying this, but it looks like it might play nothing like crossover2.

And why so dark! :P
o_darthgreg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #43
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afx
I love the emp sound but the conc definitely needs more WHOOMPPPPPPH
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #44
o_sobe green

I don't really think there is a crossover gameplay to lose. That map has always been fun, but not if you are on the average pub.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #45
o_cap

Good lordy guys, _excellent._ I don't know what these people are talking about with the SSG sound, how it's "better." It doesn't get better than that!

The conc however, definitely needs some beefing, as well as the EMP I think. The Mirv also, unless it's power is intentionally being turned down, doesn't sound like the "room clearing, explosion(s) of doom" that it should be.

As for Crossover2, I was always "eh..." about the map, and I have trust that you guys will do the right things to make it more balanced, fluid/dynamic. As for it being darker, I can't say I approve of this. I don't mind dark maps, as long as they are the _EXCEPTION._

Rock on guys, keep up the good work!

Cap
o_cap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #46
o_kupla

Just like Afx said, conc is like *whoomp* but it should be like *WHOOOOOPPPPPHH*
o_kupla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #47
o_vertical

Holy ****, damn nice, I love love love the redone crossover map, thats awesome, all of the sounds are great, I wasn't exhilerated with the conc, but the rest are awesome
o_vertical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #48
o_anthraxium[wu]

xo2: looks awesome graphix wise - would prefer it to be lighter (who would be concing and RJing at 11:30 pm??)

EMP: love it: thumbsup

SSG: like it better than before: thumbs up

MIRV: sounds alright, would like it to be a bit bigger: thumbs up (for starting it)

CONC: wtf? sounds like a short clip of a jet flyby: thumbs down

overall i like it update and i understand its only been the beginning of these things, just expressing my opinion about what should / should not be changed
o_anthraxium[wu] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #49
o_comrade tiki

The map should be named "crossover3".

It's very sexy. Very very sexy. It looks great, but it does need some of the rockfaces back. And the center yard feels open...definitely not how it felt in the old crossover2. Will the battlements be accessible from right behind the structure? If so, then it sounds great. I can hardly wait to flank greedy snipers in pub play.
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #50
o_landshark

The layout changes look very intriguing and the architecture's nice. I don't mind that it's concrete walls now, but I do think it looks too dark.

ps: conc sound could probably use a little beefing up, but I like how short and un-echoing it is
o_landshark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 10:58 PM   #51
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGreg
I may be too bold in saying this, but it looks like it might play nothing like crossover2.
By that you mean there won't be a clusterfuck of spam on the middle bridge.

Good.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2005, 11:57 PM   #52
o_vanquish

I think he meant it would play differently in the sense that the bases themselves have changed. Different strategies will be needed so essentially it's like playing a totally new map instead of using the same old xo2 clan strats. It seems now that the pit is more open and there is no doorway to the flag room a few different strats will be in order. It'll be interesting to see is the play speed has been affected by the changes. Before it used to be so fast paced that once a D was broken it could almost be impossible to recover, it seems like a larger distance between bases now so that should be addresses.

Overall I love it. My only gripe is the lighting, it seems a tad dark, but that's what the ultrabrite button on my monitor is for.
o_vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 12:16 AM   #53
o_valk

everything is good.

however i dont think the conc sound is being liked by many as it just sounds too short and pussy.

crossover is brilliant and all the bad things about crossover2 have been fixed and will be a better league map now judging by screenies. maybe too dark? but u cant tell until ur in the server tbh
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 12:19 AM   #54
o_eat

People had strats for co2?

Its essentially the same map. It connects up in the same way. The pit bone is connected to the Fr bone. The FR bone is connected to the... RR bone. The RR bone is connected to the .... yard bone. A good example of the changes is the water route. It comes out in the corner of the pit (and on the opposite side) instead of beside the FR. Anyway, you get the idea. If you guys think its too different I'll change the name to something original and pass it off as a totally new map
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #55
o_comrade tiki

Crossover3? Crossunder? Straightover2? :P
o_comrade tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #56
o_bullurine

map looks great! i love the little touch with the screen shot of the old TFC map to show what it looked like before.
all changes are for the better. this thing is amazing! i didnt really have a problem with the darkness of the map, changes the atmosphere, again, for the better. eat knows how to do it right

conc needs to be more exciting

shotgun sound is better!

emp - love that electrical touch to it

mirv - sounds are sweet. suggestion to the people that dont think its not awesome: turn your volume up higher! sounds 10x better at higher volume
o_bullurine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 01:03 AM   #57
o_binarylife

Actualy the map is called "Crossover". It is very reckonizeable as Crossover, and the general layout is clearly the same. The changes aren't what I'd call minor,but they make for much more interesting confrontations during gameplay. Two bridges to fight and defend, imagine shooting from one bridge to the other.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #58
o_flare

don't mind that xover is so dark, as long as more maps are brighter. in fact, make rock2 bright to breathe some new life into that too =b
o_flare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 01:40 AM   #59
o_ghroth

since the wma files are 70 kb or less they tend to alter the quality of the wav files, so dont fret if it sounds odd

i realy wanted to offer the sounds to show progress

as for the conc sound, its no shorter than the originals, but i apreciate your comments

so i have made some adjustments to it
o_ghroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #60
o_thedarkone

The red thing is connected to my wrist watch --
Uh oh.

Keep up the good work! Just wondering if you'd changed the det-able tunnel, though.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote