Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 06:29 AM   #41
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member
 
uBeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
I have to admit to being curious as well.
Poor choice of words for this thread, my friend.
__________________
OCCUPATION 101.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 AM   #42
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member
 
puppychow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
thread humor award winner candidate.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 06:31 AM   #43
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member
 
FrenchToast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Omagosh Canada.
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Well, I still disagree wholeheartedly with you, puppychow. But what else is new. <3
__________________
James, while John had had 'had', had had 'had had' ; 'had had' had had a better effect on the teacher.
FrenchToast is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #44
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual
 
Innoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "Oscar Mike"
Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Poor choice of words for this thread, my friend.
LMAO....oh no you didn't....
__________________
Mooga on Obama: He can cut taxes. Actually do something useful. Punch Nancy Pelosi in the face. Just to name a few.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #45
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Skanky Butterpuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
tell me you snapped your fingers 3 times in a < formation as you typed that
__________________
Support FF:
Etzell: Skanky
Etzell: The Wings are fucking fantastic
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #46
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse
And Scuzzy, I think the problem with what your saying is that Gay relationships completely benign compared to the multiple marriages or child-adult marriages. If Homosexuals getting married was as sick and twisted(and most importantly, harmful to someone) as Pedophiles marrying children then we would not be vehemently defending it, Etzell and I and all the other people on this board who share our views would be on your side, regardless of differing reasons or not.
Hold up chief, I did not say that Gays are like Pedophiles or people that have sex with animals. What I did say was that "because I was born feeling this way" should not be the litmus test for acceptable behavior. That's the only reasoning to the lobbying of gay sexual desires to be designated as normal behavior within society that I have seen. That defense could be applied to those other sexual desires as well, and I think we can all agree that those behaviors are not exactly a stellar idea.

Scuzzy
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler

Last edited by Scuzzy; 09-02-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Changed wording to make it more clear, based on Halo's comment.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #47
halo
 
halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Barnsley, UK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Why does it need a defence Scuzzy?
halo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:39 PM   #48
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
Christmas was also once a strictly religious holiday. Times change.
The only reason schools are now calling Christmas break Holiday break is to keep atheists and the ACLU from suing them. It's not as if times changed.
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #49
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Why does it need a defence Scuzzy?
Reworded a bit...
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #50
halo
 
halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Barnsley, UK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Question still applies. Something is not wrong by default. There has to be a criticism of why it is wrong in order for it to require a defence. What's the criticism?
halo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #51
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
you totally and unequivocally oversimplified my post, misunderstood, and generally missed my point entirely. maybe it's the posters fault, but lose the elitism - I'm 32, have been in my fair share of wonderful, terrible, heartbreaking, and blissful relationships. I don't need a lecture on matters of the heart from you. I'm plenty experienced enough.

I wasn't talking about "looking". I was talking about fucking. And while yes it is possible, it's never the same. Been there.
A relationship is never the same after any event (infidelity, birth of a child, marriage, loss of loved one, change in career, cancer, death of a child) but that's why they are an enormous amount of work. Too often in today's society people expect their feelings and relationship to remain the same as it was in those first few years. It's so easy to walk away, rather then work things through and grow through a bad experience... welcome to the current divorce rate.

I only oversimplified your post to the extent that you oversimplified the case that all relationships that experience a lack of trust are doomed to failure.

Scuzzy
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #52
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Question still applies. Something is not wrong by default. There has to be a criticism of why it is wrong in order for it to require a defence. What's the criticism?
Well, start with with sex with a 16 year old is wrong, or with an animal. Why are those things wrong?
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #53
halo
 
halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Barnsley, UK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I could make reasons up but I frankly don't care. You're trying to divert the issue.

One of the fundemental principles of democracy is that the burden of proof is on the prosecution. If you think something is wrong you have to prove it. The defence don't have to prove that it isn't wrong, they refute accusations that are begun by the prosecution. Innocence is the default state. If you think it's wrong, prove it.
halo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #54
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
I could make reasons up but I frankly don't care. You're trying to divert the issue.

One of the fundemental principles of democracy is that the burden of proof is on the prosecution. If you think something is wrong you have to prove it. The defence don't have to prove that it isn't wrong, they refute accusations that are begun by the prosecution. Innocence is the default state. If you think it's wrong, prove it.
Actually I'm not, I'm merely stating that the same reasoning behind "gay is right" can be applied to "sex with animals is right" or "sex with a 16 year old is right". That's all I'm saying, I did not say that being gay is wrong.

Scuzzy
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #55
halo
 
halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Barnsley, UK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Then your point is pointless because if there is no argument against it, then it doesn't need an argument to support it, so the merits, or lack thereof, of the supporting arguments are redundant.
halo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #56
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Then your point is pointless because if there is no argument against it, then it doesn't need an argument to support it, so the merits, or lack thereof, of the supporting arguments are redundant.
My point was, and always has been, "because I felt this way since birth" should not be a litmus test for acceptable behavior. No more, no less. I don't know why you're taking that into another direction. You may not agree with that, but that's ok.
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #57
halo
 
halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Barnsley, UK
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Read my post again. You failed to understand it.
halo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #58
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo
Read my post again. You failed to understand it.
I've read that puppy 3 times and I don't even know which argument (and even if it's mine) you're talking about.
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler

Last edited by Scuzzy; 09-02-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #59
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ihmhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newark, NJ, United States
Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I am not even arguing in this thread anymore and *I* don't understand it either. @_@
__________________
Support FF:
Anime: The Thread: Reloaded
The one and only anime thread on these here forums.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #60
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member
 
SizeableSSonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: I know where YOU live!
Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
tell me you snapped your fingers 3 times in a < formation as you typed that
__________________
I like chocolate milk.
SizeableSSonic is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.