Old 03-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times
Amazing High FPS Config

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

That's a TF2 link, so I'm not sure if it is the same one that oaties showed me for FF, but the config is absolutely SUPERB and gives me 100-132 (almost always 132) fps, up from usually 45-60.

Can't recommend it enough, there's even some YouTube guides if you're techie illiterate like me. Great for terrible computers, and a consistent 130 fps is better than an fps that jumps all over the place from 35 to 180, like mine used to.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Amazing High FPS Config

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/

That's a TF2 link, so I'm not sure if it is the same one that oaties showed me for FF, but the config is absolutely SUPERB and gives me 100-132 (almost always 132) fps, up from usually 45-60.

Can't recommend it enough, there's even some YouTube guides if you're techie illiterate like me. Great for terrible computers, and a consistent 130 fps is better than an fps that jumps all over the place from 35 to 180, like mine used to.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Sorry for the double-post.

Also, I'm pretty sure that that is the link to the same config that I now use and love for FF.

One thing I forgot to mention: after following the directions and uploading this config into your FF folder (or, right-clicking on any of the .cfg files, copying it, and renaming it "autoexec.cfg"):

1. Right-click on Fortress Forever while outside of the game, within the Steam application, and select "Properties."
2. Click on the "Set Launch Options" button.
3. Type this in: "-dxlevel 81"
4. Launch FF, and if there is a load of babble in your developer console about Chris MaxFPS config blahblahblah then IT WORKED!
5. The next time you launch FF, head to the "Set Launch Options" and delete the phrase you previously typed in, "-dxlevel 81."
6. Enjoy your excellent framerate!

NOTE If you are at all unsure of how to do this and are interested I'd recommend asking some people here how to do it who are familiar with this sort of thing (such as oaties or rodox).

cheers.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

CAUTION: This config does remove the arrows on the speed ramps on ff_aardvark. If for you, like me, this is one of the sole reasons you play this game, be warned -- it may take quite some time to fully adjust.

Just thought I'd let you know. I was unbelievably heartbroken for about an hour, and almost lost the will to live.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Respect38
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro
Gametype: Hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Well, if someone knows what code in the config was the one that disabled things like the arrows, then this would be an easy fix.

So... what could it have been?
Respect38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect38 View Post
Well, if someone knows what code in the config was the one that disabled things like the arrows, then this would be an easy fix.

So... what could it have been?
I'll ask around later, I thought about this before but never bothered to browse through it. Should only be 1-2 lines, and switching a word or two.