Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Old 08-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
zexel

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
League - A Change of Leadership

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, our beloved hir' has stepped down and handed me the reins of the league. I'm sure we are all very sad to see him go, however, we must press on.

League structure and rules will remain the same for the time being, but expect to see a team switch divisions in the next week or so. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the admin change and reiterate some important points that you may have missed.

League Structure
The rosters are updated and the league split into three divisions: Platinum, Gold, and Silver. The new Gold teams are BIG, Diverse, and Saints. Congratulations! I think the majority agree that three divisions is the best allocation of skill for the teams. Again, don't be surprised if you see another team switch divisions very soon.

Personal Demos
A reminder to all teams that recording personal demos is mandatory. HLTV demos are nice, but personal demos are recorded client-side and therefore have a much more accurate representation of what the player is seeing and doing. You need only submit a demo if an admin requests it.

To record a demo open console with the ~ key; type record <demo name>; and hit enter; this must be done for each round of play. The demo will start recording and be located in your Fortress Forever steam folder.

Sportsmanship
We're all here to have fun. I know emotions can run particularly high under the pressure of a league match, but no one (well, almost no one) likes to see vitriolic abuse constantly hurled back and forth. We're all adults here - we should act like it. If you can't resolve a problem with another player or team in the league by PM, talk to an admin.

Chat Logs
I highly recommend you keep a record of league-related chats with other teams. Copy + paste into a text file, automate IRC chat logs, screenshot, whatever. Trying to schedule a match? Log it. Discussing ringers? Log it. Having abuse thrown at you? Log it. It makes it a lot easier for admins to make decisions if we have proof.

I think that's about it for now. Expect the week 11 schedule to be up soon.

zexel's Steam page
League Rosters
League Rules

~kisses~

Last edited by zexel; 08-07-2015 at 07:21 AM.
zexel is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.

Tags
league