Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
BillyPilgrim

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What do the Devs think?

I'd honestly like to know how the devs, and everyone else involved in creating Fortress Forever, feel they did with this game.

-Do they feel they accomplished their goals, or maybe even surpassed what
they expected?

-Are they happy with what they have created, or did they feel that maybe
they wanted to add a few more things before it released?

-How do they feel about some of the players reactions?

Just a few questions, maybe some other people have some other questions like things.

I personally love the game. It's quite beautiful and how the game plays is just outstanding. Granted it has a few bugs, but they will all be hammered out soon enough.

Thanks to all the staff and devs and everyone who helped create this awesome game.

-Billy
BillyPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I can only speak for myself, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim
-Do they feel they accomplished their goals, or maybe even surpassed what they expected?
Some we surpassed, others we did not. I think we put together a solid release. A lot of people will say it took too long and it did, but almost none of us had any mod experience before and it was a very large project. Most mods don't have the amount of weapons, models or textures that a TF mod requires. Most of us learned a hell of a lot during the creation of this mod.

Quote:
-Are they happy with what they have created, or did they feel that maybe they wanted to add a few more things before it released?
I think nobody is ever truly happy with what is released because they always want to do more. There's a load of features that were suggested that we just could not realistically implement due to time & resource constraints. I'm proud of the mod, though.

Quote:
-How do they feel about some of the players reactions?
Very pleased. I've had very little negative feedback and a lot of kind words from old & new TF players alike. The reaction was overwhelmingly positive, even from people who have criticised FF or joked that it was never coming out etc.