Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #101
Gebohq

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [StatisticZ]
Go into a server and type Status in console, your id will appear next to your name.
I saw the tech support page, I read that :P Thanks anyway. But like I said, there were a lot more numbers, and even just the one directly next to the name seemed a bit long, and I swear it CHANGED when I was in a DM server and it switched MAPS (trying to start your own game apparently doesn't work either, I think). I sent the number that I think is the ID in my e-mail (I'm pretty sure it came up more than once...I think). ...ah well.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #102
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Thats your userid changing, thats server stuff so he can kick/ban you etc. But next to it is a STEAM_0:1:23456 number that never changes. That is your steam id.

0123456 will be replaced by your numbers also if you didnt get that.
Coronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #103
DogGunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebohq
I saw the tech support page, I read that :P Thanks anyway. But like I said, there were a lot more numbers, and even just the one directly next to the name seemed a bit long, and I swear it CHANGED when I was in a DM server and it switched MAPS (trying to start your own game apparently doesn't work either, I think). I sent the number that I think is the ID in my e-mail (I'm pretty sure it came up more than once...I think). ...ah well.
I'm sure if there is any errors in the application, they won't mind fixing it.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #104
lucid

Nice post, should be stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock
Hi guys,

We havent accepted anyone yet. We've had around 160 responses so far, 6 have been shortlisted. When we know what proportion of people we're gonna take then we'll start either shortlisting a few more or disapproving some of our shortlisted ones. I expect we'll end up taking around 20-30, then possibly more.

At the start we'll probably take only the most suitable apps, then we might start taking more afterwards. So don't get your hopes up, but don't lose all faith if you don't get in straight away. We'll try and get an update in the next few days.

For this reason we aren't going to email people who don't get in, as we may bring them on at a later date.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #105
BobTheChainsaw

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I sent one, but I'm probably not gonna get in.
BobTheChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 03:06 PM   #106
DogGunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheChainsaw
I sent one, but I'm probably not gonna get in.
Don't get your hopes down. Let's all hope for the best. Geez, 160 apps already though, nice!

Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #107
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
hi doggunn, nice to meet you, but ur avatar gives me nightmares. looks like its out of a tool video.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #108
nerf

Send a message via AIM to nerf Send a message via MSN to nerf
Good to hear they need a new beta team! I applyed ive done plenty of beta's in my time. Plus my uncles wifes brother is a game tester for Square Soft.... So I know alot about beta testing.
nerf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #109
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerf
Good to hear they need a new beta team! I applyed ive done plenty of beta's in my time. Plus my uncles wifes brother is a game tester for Square Soft.... So I know alot about beta testing.
Yeah see my friend nerf has an uncle who's wife's brother is a game tester for square soft- so I'm qualified
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #110
magzy

Thanks for the update Aftershock. lol @ some of the people's comments in here. btw, wow, only six from 160. Was expecting a higher percentage than that tbh. Its nice to have numbers though, better knowing your chances than just guessin . Also, It seems as if they have some nice progress going on, im hoping for it to be released before the end of the summer holiday, need something to fill all the time. I should probably get a more productive hobby, any suggestions?

edit: yeah I've played BF2 quite a bit, so im used to finding bugs in games.
magzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #111
whuh?
I don't get it

I was wondering did I miss something where accounts were purged cause I had to reregister. I liked having like 20 posts and an account ~2 years old.

anyways, I said my history and why I feel im valuable.
whuh? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #112
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Page news
First off, I want to apologize to all you folks who frequently visit the Fortress Forever site. You're the FF blood and guts right now, and you mean a lot to FF's future success. Unfortunately as some of you had noticed, the main site and forums had been down for the last week or so (end of Feb - early Mar).

Some might appreciate an explanation, so here goes: our host machine experienced a data corruption problem that initially destroyed most of the site and the behind-the-scenes database. Thankfully, almost all of the site content and database have been recovered; however, the key words here are "almost all."

So how might you have been affected? Well, we're sad to inform you that our entire forum user profile collection (5,000+ records) has been lost. Although we seem to have recovered all of the threads and posts (and who posted the posts), we've lost all e-mail addresses and profiles that correspond to the user names. In order to let users grab their old names again, we've changed all the "recovered" user names to begin with the prefix "o_" (for old user name). That way you can see who made the post, but you won't be prevented from registering under your original forum name. The hidden and sad bottom line here is that yes, you'll have to re-register on the FF forums.

We are pretty disappointed by this whole bit and we're sorry for the inconvenience it's caused some of you. It's hit us hard, too, and we've taken steps to make sure that this doesn't happen again (moving host machines, better and more redundant back-up system, etc.).

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you'll enjoy fragging away on FF soon! The host migration process might have still a few more bumps on the way, so please bear with us as we finish crossing our Is and dotting our Ts. Some folks have put in a lot of hard work to make this transition as smooth as possible, so a huge thanks goes out to them.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM   #113
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
at this point i doubt they want people doing anything else besides trying to crash out the server, and such. it would be nice to see how well the maps are put together. /me throws grenade into roof. /server crashs *CONNECTION PROBLEMS ftw lol
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #114
skuLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock
We havent accepted anyone yet. We've had around 160 responses so far
Omg, I was expeting a thousand or more o.O
How long will you guys wait before checking the apps?
skuLL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #115
gizmofo
The Bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuLL
Omg, I was expeting a thousand or more o.O
How long will you guys wait before checking the apps?
Didn't we have a bunch more just recently register? Thought if they'd register, they'd apply..

Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #116
whuh?
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
stuff
aha. a clue sherlock. its good to know
whuh? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #117
Anshinritsumai
°_o

Class/Position: Medic & Engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: DM, OC, -[CfH]-
147 people registered the day the beta news went live... awesome.

Last edited by Anshinritsumai; 07-22-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 10:32 PM   #118
gizmofo
The Bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai
147 people registered the day the beta news went live... awesome.
Guessing most of them applied..
I'm going to sound like an idiot but what is shortlisting? I was guessing those are like the people who don't make it, but are on the list for another date..?

Old 07-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #119
skuLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmofo
Guessing most of them applied..
I'm going to sound like an idiot but what is shortlisting? I was guessing those are like the people who don't make it, but are on the list for another date..?
I was about to ask the same thing.
skuLL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2007, 10:48 PM   #120
Deadly Furby
Elder Scroll

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
It's called a short list because it's been reduced from an original longer list of those under consideration. They are now on a list of preferred applicants.
Deadly Furby is offline   Reply With Quote