KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Ron Paul raises over $6mil today in less than 24hrs reaching his 4th quarter goal!!!

Ron Paul, Congressman from Texas, has done something amazing again, and the people are eating it up. He has managed to take in over $6 million in donations, dwarfing John Kerry's top donations of $5.7 million, and people are STILL donating!!! This is the most ANY presidential candidate has raised in one day, let alone online!!!!! This also breaks another record for the Ron Paul campaign, as he has now reached WELL OVER his $12 million goal for the 4th quarter, totaling to more than $18 million so far!

Check out his web site @ www.ronpaul2008.com

-or-

Some other useful links to find out more about his campaign:

www.ronpaulnation.com
www.ronpaulblimp.com
www.teaparty07.com
www.ronpaulgraphs.com/dec_16_extended_total.html

Finally, if you feel like you are interested in Dr. Paul becoming president, this is the best time to donate. No donation is too small.

Ron Paul 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Also, some of the sites are experiencing MAJOR traffic at the moment, so if it's not working for you, try back in an hour or 2. So many people are donating, and at this time of year, it's almost surprising. Christmas time is probably the hardest time on American's financially speaking, and for thousands of people to donate $100 or more to Ron Paul's campaign, it's just astounding!

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 12-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
6 million...wow... Doesn't the dyke have something like 80 million?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 04:36 AM   #4
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I dunno, I'd like to see internet support actually turn into poll numbers. But, you know.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
OMFG Y U KAL HILARY A DYKE!? SHEZ SO MUCH BETAR DEN U!

Ahem. Does anyone know Dr. Paul's stance on gay rights?

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 AM   #6
fishBurger
get off my lawn

Class/Position: O scout / demo
Gametype: killing
Someone had a ron paul video in their sig, it was to evanescence music and showed pictures of soldiers crying.

seems pretty gay to me.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Looking at his views and policies, I'm going to say that I disagree with several, including stem cell research and abortion. There are a few I agree with, such as no taxes on tips, et cetera, but meh... I'm not too sure.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #8
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Looking at his views and policies, I'm going to say that I disagree with several, including stem cell research and abortion. There are a few I agree with, such as no taxes on tips, et cetera, but meh... I'm not too sure.
Well you know, in america, gay people, black people and women can't vote!
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishBurger
Someone had a ron paul video in their sig, it was to evanescence music and showed pictures of soldiers crying.

seems pretty gay to me.
ROFL
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
We're talking about one-day donations during a primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
I disagree with some of his views as well, including stem cell research and abortion. However, his policy that the federal government should not dictate and control our personal lives or be mingled with his opinions is something I can agree with.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Last edited by uBeR; 12-17-2007 at 07:17 AM.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Err maybe I misread something but from what I understood he is trying to shift control from our nation to state control. Meaning that instead of the USA saying no or yes to abortion he is wanting to allow the states to decide themselves.

Thats pretty much how he intends on most of the things he is for or against. He wants to return power to the states that they currently do not have.

The thing I've read that I like the best is creating a policy that allows us to opt out of paying into social security.

Again I haven't really seen much I didn't like about him but I may have been misinformed.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Correct. But it's definitely a touchy subject with abortion. I mean, you could say it's the woman's right to abort, but if it's infringing upon the life of the fetus growing in her woom? I mean, when the fuck does life begin? Fertilization IMO. I mean, does the baby actually have to have it's head sticking out in order to be considered a human being? Considering he has delivered over 4,000 babies, I'd think he is personally against abortion too. If you are not ready to have sex, then don't do it. If you do do it, you took a risk, and now have to suffer the consequences. I might sound like an asshole, but it's the truth.

Anyway, enough about abortion. Ron Paul stands for a lot of things I do, such as restoring our civil liberties. He might not condone prostitution or drugs, but it shouldn't be up to the government to regulate either, as long as it's not infringing upon someone else's rights as individuals. Same goes for gay marriage. I come from a family with more than a couple gay people in it, so maybe I was raised to tolerate homosexuality. Love is love. Love knows no boundaries. Does that mean marrying your dog is the right thing to do? Hell no, but gay marriage is one of the things he thinks the government should not play a part in, which is great.

Also, he has the most consistent campaign I've seen thus far aside from Obama, you've got Hillary, god knows what scandals she's in at this very moment, you've got Huckabee, who's son hung a stray dog by the neck, slit it's throat and stoned it to death, and you've got some really weird candidates, who throw money around, acting like they will get more votes because of it. Mitt Romney is a perfect example of that.

In my humble opinion, Ron Paul stands at least a good of a chance to place 3rd in both Iowa and New Hampshire. I'm certainly hoping he gets the nomination, because he'd get a hell of a lot more mainstream media attention, but if he gets 3rd at least, he's got a great chance to win in the general election.

Here are some more videos about Ron Paul, what he stands for, and why people are so intrigued by his campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJz81lAwY0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjM1ZzZSE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIivo...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWyxtaGbcQ

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #13
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I hate Huckabee.

Because of him we now have a no smoking law in all businesses in Arkansas. While I understand the health concerns its just one of those things I think should be decided by the business. Not being able to smoke in a bar or pub makes zero sense health wise when you add into the fact you are drinking alcohol which is also unhealthy.

Huckabee was over Arkansas for a long time. Ask anyone here if they remember something amazing he did. He cut and raised taxes in so many different categories that in the end we weren't making or losing anything at all. Its like he sat down and said "Ok we'll raise this 5 cents and then we'll lower this 5 cents".

I just really don't like the guy. It could just be that we just got rid of him in January and I don't like the idea of him being in power again.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #14
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
While I understand the health concerns its just one of those things I think should be decided by the business. Not being able to smoke in a bar or pub makes zero sense health wise when you add into the fact you are drinking alcohol which is also unhealthy.
Maybe he thinks that workers have the right to a smoke-free environment.
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I don't trust the guy and I don't see the allure.

Why?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html

Mainly because he used to write shit like that.

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #16
puppychow
Arf!
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to puppychow Send a message via Yahoo to puppychow
ron paul is a wackjob

and, as a more intelligent post, I couldn't tell you what he stands for..I know some of his radical stances on things, but those would never ever pass in congress, so when the dust settles and when he focuses on things that could actually change, I wonder what they are.
puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #17
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
I hate Huckabee.

Because of him we now have a no smoking law in all businesses in Arkansas. While I understand the health concerns its just one of those things I think should be decided by the business. Not being able to smoke in a bar or pub makes zero sense health wise when you add into the fact you are drinking alcohol which is also unhealthy.

Huckabee was over Arkansas for a long time. Ask anyone here if they remember something amazing he did. He cut and raised taxes in so many different categories that in the end we weren't making or losing anything at all. Its like he sat down and said "Ok we'll raise this 5 cents and then we'll lower this 5 cents".

I just really don't like the guy. It could just be that we just got rid of him in January and I don't like the idea of him being in power again.
The 3 card Monty card game with taxes. Lower here and raise there...that's an old trick...a pity more people don't clue in to that. Cut taxes AND spending...wow...what a concept...

As far as drinking and smoking being similar or the same I'd have to disagree. When you drink you're not forcing anyone else to share what you're doing. With smoking everyone around you has to share. Without getting into that quagmire of whether secondhand smoke is or is not dangerous it just smells nasty.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #18
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
I didn't know there was a quagmire. I thought science had already proven that one out.

But you're right guardless of health, it's a bad smell for those who aren't smoking. I smoke cigars myself once in a while, but knowing that mostpeople don't like the smell I do it either outside or alone with open windows (and some dan bern usualy playing in the background... or jonny cash).

But anyways...

I don't know about Ron Paul. I like what he says he will do. If he can do it. I don't know anything about his history other than what other people say that are apart of his campaign. It could go either way. If he makes it past the primaries and actualy becomes a full fledged canidate I'll probably vote for him. Until that day I'm just gonna throw minor interest his way.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #19
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Banning smoking from bars was a god send, not for the smokers though.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #20
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Correct. But it's definitely a touchy subject with abortion. I mean, you could say it's the woman's right to abort, but if it's infringing upon the life of the fetus growing in her woom? I mean, when the fuck does life begin? Fertilization IMO. I mean, does the baby actually have to have it's head sticking out in order to be considered a human being? Considering he has delivered over 4,000 babies, I'd think he is personally against abortion too. If you are not ready to have sex, then don't do it. If you do do it, you took a risk, and now have to suffer the consequences. I might sound like an asshole, but it's the truth.
Rape. Broken condoms. Birth control failing.
Do you still have to suffer the consequences?
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote