Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
I am now going to dress in a bat suit and fight crime just to prove you wrong. And then I will dress like a clown and do some murder.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #82
Etzell
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
FACT: There will NEVER be a homicidal guy in charge of anyone, who dresses like a clown, and lives for chaos.
John Wayne Gacy?

Quote:
Apply whatever philisophical insight into the whole Batman mythology you care to...it BARELY has any bearing on the REAL world we live in. Injecting science into these movies, the way they have been, is some of the most inane shit ever conceived.
Batman has had science in every iteration

Quote:
Oh, and to defend the comparison to Iron Man...
FACT: If the human race does not wipe itself out, there WILL be 1 or more guys flying around in armored suits. They might even use their technology to accomplish useful projects that aid humanity!
Will they have minature nuclear generators in their chest, to keep bullets from passing through their hearts? Ones that were built out of scraps?
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #83
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Quote:
Oh, and to defend the comparison to Iron Man...
FACT: If the human race does not wipe itself out, there WILL be 1 or more guys flying around in armored suits. They might even use their technology to accomplish useful projects that aid humanity!
Once you've made up your mind and favour on side over the other you seem to do nothing but post the most inane bullshit arguments, we've all seen your rants on how FF is superiour to TF2 in the past. This time you're siding with something that I personally am opposed to and that glads me, because having someone like you on one's side is just embarassing.

I saw the movie the other day and I loved it, but the franchise is still suffering from the same hollywood-diseases as in the first film. The plot is dumbed down and carefully explained, they have to forcefully insert some romance, and there's always some kind of bullshit technology that turns out to be crucial to the final outcome.

Heath Ledger pulled off such an amazing performance as the Joker that this movie is worth seeing for that reason alone. Bale is great too but the voice really becomes ridiculous at times. In the final scene
*** SPOILER ***
where Gordon's family is being held hostage and Harvey is holding Gordon Jr at gunpoint, Batman shows up and completely kills the graveness of the scene with a cheesy 'Drop the boy, Harvey!'
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #84
Anthraxium[WU]
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Soldier
Affiliations: Notorious WU Tang
Etzell, thank you.
Anthraxium[WU] is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
[long-ass post]
i think you, and everyone else, needs to calm down. it was a damn good movie, but no need to nitpick and argue over every detail

Last edited by Circuitous; 08-02-2008 at 12:22 AM.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #86
MightyLotu

it's a movie for cryin out loud, you take things too seriously
you're not gonna enjoy many movies if you always think like that
MightyLotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #87
greenday5494
D&A Member

thats what i just said

Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM   #88
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Maybe.... but nobody bothered reading past that long ass quote.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #89
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Errrrr............

isnt the meaning to the movie that clowns that are evil have the inability to apply their makeup correctly. I mean come on!!! It looked like the joker just smeared his face paint on. How lazy and stupid can you be to do that...........he is a damn clown. Not a Phd holder or a parking attendent but a clown. He makes people laugh and I heard that Joe Dirts mama has a whole bunch of porcelin clowns for sale.

dh

Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #90
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
i think you, and everyone else, needs to calm down. it was a damn good movie, but no need to nitpick and argue over every detail
ehhh......you're right.

But this is still the internet. And I have one last thing to say to Peon:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #91
greenday5494
D&A Member

reminds of this comic:
"honey, you coming to bed?
"No, this is important"
"what?"
"Someone is wrong on the internet!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #92
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

YEAH I LIKED THIS MOVIE BUT LETS NOT ACTUALLY DISCUSS IT IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN SUPERFICIAL TERMS BECAUSE ITS JUST A MOVIE, RIGHT?
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #93
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
LOL EKIM U R SO FUNNY OUR POINT WAS THAT ITS A MOVIE ABOUT FUCKING BATMAN SO ITS OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO BE COMPLETELY BELIEVABLE

Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #94
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Alright, it's a movie. Can you think of one fictional, non documentary-type movie that doesn't exaggerate not one thing? Even movies based on historical events, such as World War II, do that (exploding flamethrowers, for instance.)

Movies are to help us escape reality, not remain in it, no?

Last edited by SizeableSSonic; 08-03-2008 at 03:17 PM.
SizeableSSonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #95
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Well, I suppose now that I actually went and saw the movie, I should get the response-to-the-response to my first rant out of the way. What's funny is that my first post here wasn't even close to a rant, but it still got me bitched at. You issue one or more reasonable thoughts on why I'm not excited about this movie, and everybody get's all bent out of shape...like I just kicked their dog or some shit. When I had to resort to ranting about it in retailiation, you'd think I'd have had a easier time making fun of Jesus. You guys absoulutely LOVE Batman, and are insanely offended that anyone might think he, or this movie, might just be a little on the silly side. So, let's clear this up before my full review....

Let's start by seeing how this particular ball of crap started rolling shall we? I believe it began with me being sceptical about the latest movie about a guy running around in a bat-suit:
Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm having a hard time being interested in seeing a movie about a guy who fights crime dressed in a bat-suit.
Didn't know how scathing of a comment that was, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
the point is pretty dumbed down so that anyone can understand and it still seems that you missed it. Batman doesn't kill. Killing is wrong and therefor he wont kill anyone. Murder is a crime and his entire existence is to fight crime.

Batman is about stabilizing and balance. The Joker is about keeping things constantly out of balance. He's a sociopath, plane and simple.

However, your points are ignorant, hypocritical and random. My bet is you're just trolling for a response. Here's mine. I probably wont get into it with you though. Fact is, everyone's got a right to an opinion. But if you base it on poor information and misunderstandings then it doesn't matter what you say, people will think you're stupid and laugh at you.
No offense Binary...but then I gleefully replied:
Quote:
hell I was being polite!

I don't need a goddamn lesson on good vs evil and morality from a couple of comic book characters who think that Halloween is a year round event. I was giving the movie the benefit of the doubt that it has some good plot twists, riveting scenes, and decent action.

Apply whatever philisophical insight into the whole Batman mythology you care to...it BARELY has any bearing on the REAL world we live in.

there are real reasons why things happen. The world of Batman might be fun to hang out in once in a while (I even said it could be if certain conditions are met), but taking it seriously might put you a little too close to reality detachment. You know....the kind of people Batman and the Joker would be.
Well....then I got some priceless nuggets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
Once you've made up your mind and favour on side over the other you seem to do nothing but post the most inane bullshit arguments,
Yeah, I guess I may apply TOO much logic into the media that I choose to consume eh? How on Earth I have any reservations about being interested in the crime fighting activities of a cape wearing, horn touting tough guy, I'll never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyLotu
it's a movie for cryin out loud, you take things too seriously
you're not gonna enjoy many movies if you always think like that
You got that right...
Quote:
FACT: There will NEVER be a homicidal guy in charge of anyone, who dresses like a clown, and lives for chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
John Wayne Gacy?
Well he did have a thing for dressing up like a clown....but that may be because no one really wanted to hang out with him. I'm also pretty sure he wasn't working with some crime syndicate either. SO, what happened to him?....Oh yeah....he's dead, via state-sponsored excecution.
Quote:
Batman has had science in every iteration
Yeah...In the same way that Borat presents political and social content.
Quote:
there WILL be 1 or more guys flying around in armored suits.
Quote:
Will they have minature nuclear generators in their chest, to keep bullets from passing through their hearts? Ones that were built out of scraps?
Well, I'm not sure about that nuke plant thing, but it's sure to be close. And yeah, you'd think Stark would have just simply had surgery to remove all the shrapnel in him once he got back to the states. Who know's, maybe chicks dig the night light and that he's constantly cheating death...

Oh, and yeah there IS already a suit being worked on like that:
http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...-real-iron-man
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
I am now going to dress in a bat suit and fight crime just to prove you wrong. And then I will dress like a clown and do some murder.
Oh you are TOTAL scum, aren't you? I think I hate you the most...

Yeah, you guys can be really nasty you know? But remember...you asked for it. I still cannot believe that any of you think that this character or his villain, are any more than a dumbass outlaw VS a maniac terrorist. While there may be 1 or 2 close paralells to them in real life, strictly based on their beliefs and actions, the mechanics and situations are so different it's laughable.

In fact...that's exactly what I did when I saw him in costume for the first time in this movie...I laughed. I thought "Look! it's a guy in a bat-suit trying to act serious, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHhahahaha...." But, we'll save more of that for my review...get ready.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #96
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic
Alright, it's a movie. Can you think of one fictional, non documentary-type movie that doesn't exaggerate not one thing?
Uhhh....the whole situation in this movie is one huge exaggeration after another. Super-Heroes are exaggerated, fine....but try to at least make the situation believable, or it's just a big puppet show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic
Movies are to help us escape reality, not remain in it, no?
Yeah, there might be just a few too many people engaging in that, a little too frequently.

Hell, I need help escaping the reality that this movie is being treated like such an epic. If anyone is thinking about telling me that I just hit the whole point of the movie being that sometimes even reality doesn't make sense...I already know that. THAT'S what really doesn't make any sense....we humans are CREATING all the things that make no sense....figure that shit out!

Imagine if there really is a God, and he/she created all of this wonderment so that we could do something great with it, and we all said "Hey! Let's just do a bunch of crazy shit!" And people wonder why aliens don't come down and talk with us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
ITS A MOVIE ABOUT FUCKING BATMAN SO ITS OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO BE COMPLETELY BELIEVABLE
I rest my case...
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #97
Anthraxium[WU]
D&A Member

Quote:
Oh, and yeah there IS already a suit being worked on like that:
http://www.popsci.com/scitech/articl...-real-iron-man

looks the same to me

Old 08-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #98
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Quote:
What's funny is that my first post here wasn't even close to a rant, but it still got me bitched at. You issue one or more reasonable thoughts on why I'm not excited about this movie, and everybody get's all bent out of shape...like I just kicked their dog or some shit.
Right, it's simply not possibe that some of the things you said were actually a bit silly. Anyone who disagrees with you must have been overracting. After all, who could fault reasonable thoughts such as praising the believability of gaining super-powers from being bitten by a radioactive spider?
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #99
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxium[WU]
looked like jack thompson on the right at first
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #100
Anthraxium[WU]
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Right, it's simply not possibe that some of the things you said were actually a bit silly. Anyone who disagrees with you must have been overracting. After all, who could fault reasonable thoughts such as praising the believability of gaining super-powers from being bitten by a radioactive spider?
thats real.

I saw it in a movie once.