Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Adam-g1

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
VERY Simple conc jumping guide

VERY BASIC CONC TUTORIAL
-----------------------------

I have been an old tfc player for years and years.. and I know the basics/advanced methods to almost every type of skill jumping. Concing in FF is very similar to what it was like in TFC. Just.. I suggest try to avoid bouncing your concs off walls at all costs. When they hit the wall they significantly slow down. Unless you can time it good so you can actually hit them, its a real pain in the ass! Some basics are..

Single conc: Throw a conc on the ground, jump when it explodes. Simple enough.

Double conc: There is many methods to this.

a. Throw a conc down, and prime a second and hold it. Jump when the first goes off, and throw the other under you before it goes off, sending you even higher (this requires some practice to get the timing down.)

b. Throw a conc down, and prime a second and hold it. This time, when you jump and the first goes off, at that exact moment throw your conc directly above your head. If you do it right, it'll go off in mid air underneath you.

c. Throw a conc down, and prime a second, BUT throw it where the first conc is right after you prime that second one. Crouch down and then jump when the first goes off (you don't have to crouch, but it's the easiest for me). If you did this right, it'll send you up in the air and the second one on the ground will go off at a perfect distance and you'll go flying.

d. Probably others, but I can't think of them right now.

Triple conc: One main method I use

a. (Based off of 2c) Throw a conc down, and prime a second, BUT throw it where the first conc is right after you prime it. Now prime ANOTHER conc (your third) and hold on to it. Crouch down and then jump when the first goes off (you don't have to crouch, but it's the easiest for me). If you did it right, it'll send you up in the air and the second one on the ground will go off and send you farther in the air. Keep holding on to the third grenade, and while your still flying through the air from that second conc, the third will explode, sending you extremly far if you did it right.

There's a lot of other ways to do stuff, and it especially gets complicated when juggling concs and doing complicated jumps. I wont dive into that stuff right now.. seeing as how theres not a lot (if any) of maps with that difficulty. If you have any other questions or suggestions to my little tutorial, PM me or reply

Adam-g1

Edit: Now keep in mind, all these methods aren't guaranteed to work for you instantly the second you try them. Everything is based off how well you can time your grenades and placement of them. Just practice and you'll get it eventually I'll try to get some videos out of how to do them..
Adam-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

adam, are you the creator conc_adam? If you are is it ok to make demos and stuff using that map as a guide?
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Adam-g1

Yeah, I made the map, currently working on adam2 It's much harder though... so make sure you get good at adam1! Also.. yeah I'll make some demos for you guys, I'll have them up in a little while.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Scythe
OMGDAIRYQUEENBBQ

Interesting, Granted I was never good at Conc jumping.
Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
Jetpac
E-COOL

yea the concs slowing down and "sticking" is a pain in the ass when i try to juggle! is there aanything they could do to fix that to make concing like it was in TFC or is it a limitation of Source engine?
Jetpac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #6
BumGravy
Black Cyclops

If your not concing at a flag it's just masturbation.
BumGravy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 03:17 AM   #7
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumGravy
If your not concing at a flag it's just masturbation.
That diserves to be sigged.
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 05:29 AM   #8
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Not a dig!

Concing is common sense if you know about them and there blast force. Even the more advanced methods, It's just about experience... I'd be surprised if anyone learnt anything from this.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...ad.php?t=11427
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The best method for teaching newbies about the many different modes of concing is to show them in-game, or through demos; text is helpless quite often (from my own experience).

Bringing demos into the equation would help a lot; state when to prime etc., but the rest should be an actual demonstration; from here the learner will play around with what feels most comfortable, altering timings etc. until it becomes natural.

DEMOS!
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #10
SmellyCat
Darknight

Movies!
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
Adam-g1

Sorry, I got a little occupied last night. I'll try to have some movies out today if I can.