Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #82
AaronJer
Bearskinner

Gametype: Double Mode
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Wow. That TF2 forum thread made me laugh a lot. There were a lot of people that were convinced that you can't snipe something that's moving fast... why would they be convinced of such a thing? They clearly haven't played l337sk337.
AaronJer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #83
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i generally feel the average TF2 player is from a different generation of gamer. they've always had a big palette of games made available to them, and if one game is even slightly sour to them (ie it has a learning curve) then they move on to the next game. they always want to pick up and play a game without putting the effort in to learn (i've actually heard that as an argument supporting TF2), then move on to the next game when they get bored. this drastically reduces the shelf life of any game from years to months. and of course, it also reduces the skillbase of an entire community. this whole uprise on "casual" gaming as a whole is to blame for this.
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #84
BoltR

It's more the popularity in gaming that's to blame. As more people started to play, more companies want a slice of the ever growing pie. Now there are a billion developers shoveling shitloads of crap out every month that most people don't dwell on a game long enough to create a community for. Remember when you could count the amount of FPS released in one year on one hand? Good luck doing that now in one month...

(Really I think the overwhelming amount of games on the PC is a large reason for all the piracy too, for very similar reasons, but that's a competely different arguement which doesn't belong here.)
BoltR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #85
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
This is kind of depressing since FF has such a low playerbase as it is and it erodes the reason to play TF2 over FF. Plus some people may think I'm being sarcastic, but I really do prefer the visual style of FF over TF2, not to mention the extra abilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubedawg
but if someone knows how to make a schweeeet video, why not try and persuade them to want to make one for FF?
I'm working on that. It's going to take a while because I have other projects I have to finish first (and have to sift through dozens and dozens of demos for the best shots), but I'm working towards making a trailer that should be pretty jaw dropping. I plan to get around the smoothness issues by cherry picking footage, having lots of different cuts and perhaps implementing motion blur on the final footage. Also if anyone can get me some server side or spectator demos, I might be able get demo smoother working on it, which will allow for really slick camerawork.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #86
Ostrich_Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaxavier
*m-m-monster facepalm*

I thought when I escaped to TF2 I'd never see these keyboard gymnastics assclowns again. God damn it.

At least they can have their circle-jerk on their own server while everyone else is out having sex with girls (and using teamwork to take objectives, like TF2 was designed for)

Most clan servers have girls. They're actually not that rare, while finding a girl who plays FF is like finding a yeti in a shopping mall.

Ah, but you see, TF2 players with above average to decent skill work together and pwn the enemy. They rely on teamwork instead of raw skill to beat their enemies.

You see, I am severely prejudiced against trick-bunny hoppers, since they must spend weeks practicing their form...why would they have time for girls?

Building on this, even though you have a mod that will grant you ub3r-l33t bunnyhopping and trick jumping skills, what will become of the combat? NONE of the weapons in TF2 (save the shotguns, rocket launcher, and pistol) will be able to keep up with guys literally flying everywhere. The only fun will be had by the trick jumping nerds, who move so fast they are impossible to hit and rain hell down on those who can't keep up. It's a win-lose situation in terms of gameplay satisfaction.

Yes, maybe I should go to bed. Forums like these are strangely addictive, you see...you get compelled to complain or act like a smartass because everyone else is doing it. Sorta like 4 chan.

God help team fortress.
Ostrich_Eggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #87
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I'm going to try some of this out, actually

Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #88
OneManArmy
Ka-boom!

Class/Position: Demo, Solly, Pyro
Gametype: CTF
Oh, that moron from a Steam forums. Don't pay attention on such kind of people
OneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #89
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrich_Eggs
God help team fortress.
yea i replyed to that fuck tard too
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #90
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaxavier
Ah, but you see, TF2 players with above average to decent skill work together and pwn the enemy. They rely on teamwork instead of raw skill to beat their enemies.
I read this shortly after he posted it and laughed quite a bit; I think I would prefer RAW SKILLZ to '"PWN THE ENEMY"' than to rely on STRENGTH IN NUMBERS to '"PWN THE ENEMY"'

I will try this game (TF2) and mod during the FREE WEEKEND! :P
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #91
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

The map Granary is pretty suck for it, but otherwise it's alright.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #92
OneManArmy
Ka-boom!

Class/Position: Demo, Solly, Pyro
Gametype: CTF
What's wrong with granary? it plays very well in competitive level
OneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #93
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
What's wrong with granary? it plays very well in competitive level
I would imagine it has something to do with each section of the map being connect via low, small hallways that prohibits a lot of the point of the mod. It could also deal with the fact that only two sections of the map are actually open.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2008, 01:53 AM   #94
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
I would imagine it has something to do with each section of the map being connect via low, small hallways that prohibits a lot of the point of the mod. It could also deal with the fact that only two sections of the map are actually open.
Credge wins! Woo! *cheers*

Old 08-24-2008, 02:49 AM   #95
AaronJer
Bearskinner

Gametype: Double Mode
Jhaxavier is basically saying "I suck, and I want my team to win for me." Which you could do by being AFK...
AaronJer is offline   Reply With Quote