Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #21
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
that's the exact reasoning for why I support this. I want to swing, I enjoy doing it, and I think it would be a nice change.
I think most people like to do both. Plus I like the idea of the "most rounded team" winning. If you're only good at D, that's technically only half the game.

And you don't have to play O. If you have 6 guys on your roster (and all 6 of them miraculously showed up to the match, you can play your D, and step out and let someone else play the O round.

There are maps I really enjoy playing offense on and others I like to play D on.

I can guarantee you there aren't many people out there that like the 5v5 format. 2 offense sucked, and 3 defenders sucked. I don't think people would have a problem with 7v7 but right now there's no way you could support it with our numbers. I personally would rather do an 8v8 league over 7v7 or 9v9. I like the idea of equal number of O and D.

There seems to be all this hype over 9v9, but when I think about it, the game would be just a spam fest. I can't even really think of too many maps out there atm that would comfortabley support 5 defenders.

Unless 9v9 was an AvD style league what maps can 5 defenders comfortabley play together on? Many of the medium sized maps would be complete hell to play in with those numbers.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote