Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 06-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #121
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
You seem to be in the majority tyrus:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ings-anime.php

Actually, this page and some reccomendations by a friend is why I'm watching the show (but I'm starting at the begining of the series)
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #122
o_shrone

hellsing owns
...well at least the manga and Hellsing Ultimate, first go around with animating it they blew it.
o_shrone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #123
o_nezumi

The manga of Hellsing was cool 'cause Seras is actually...

...you know, a character.

The first episode of the show is one of the coolest things I've ever seen but the rest was... eh... kinda rushed. And not good.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #124
o_tyrus

Well, I am currently on episode 46 of "Gundam Seed" and holy shit, its has already become one of my favorite anime's. I always see on the internet, those gundam models and have always thought "eh, whats so great about them? they are just non-transformable transformers. what crap" But now, I want them all, every single gundam in the SEED series. They are freaking awesome!

Isn't it great being a 24 year old with toys decorating your room?
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #125
o_nezumi

Hell yes.

Btw, I just finished watching Gungrave, which is by Yasuhiro Nightow, the guy who wrote Trigun.

In all honesty it just might be the saddest thing I've ever seen. Not entirely depressing, ultimately, but really really really sad.

So, be prepared if you watch it

Anyway it was really really good and surprisingly unlike trigun. (Except that they were both good...)

Old 06-11-2006, 05:41 PM   #126
o_tyrus

I watched Gungrave week by week as it came out long long ago. God it sucks watching animes week by week. It just kills the feeling. ;(

Old 06-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #127
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrus
Well, I am currently on episode 46 of "Gundam Seed" and holy shit, its has already become one of my favorite anime's. I always see on the internet, those gundam models and have always thought "eh, whats so great about them? they are just non-transformable transformers. what crap" But now, I want them all, every single gundam in the SEED series. They are freaking awesome!

Isn't it great being a 24 year old with toys decorating your room?
Try being 39 :doh:

As a side note we went to see Cars yesterday. As it was starting my girlfriend, to whom I have been introducing Anime, said, "They seems to be doing more and more anime."

To which I replied, "Yes they are but this isn't anime...it's animation. By definition anime is Japanese and has certain distinctive styling and themes."

Cars, FWIW, was a good move IMO. It was a little slow in parts but finished really strong....if predictable.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #128
o_tyrus

Currently I am watching "The Law of Ueki" and am up to episode 32. So far it a pretty decent series. Although its not a very serious series, it is very funny, entertaining and still has its "moments".

Its about a boy named Ueki who recieves the power of turning trash into trees. Like Ueki, many others recieved powers, all differing their ridiculousness. All these so called "Power Users" are in a competition to see who will be the last man standing or so to speak. The victor will recieve something called the "Blank Zai" which is the ability to have any "ability" you want.

Very amusing so far, and I recommend it. Funny thing is though, if you think the powers are too ridiculous to stand, then you won't make it far. The powers get worse and worse as the series continues, it's just part of the humor.

Old 07-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #129
o_nezumi

Like Scried but intentionally funny? Sounds good.

(P.S. Don't watch scried. I hate you adult swim )

Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #130
o_tyrus

I've already seen scryed. It was ok, but concentrated too much on fighting. It just didn't have enough emotion behind the fighting. Still though, I enjoyed it. It had a good opening song!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #131
o_rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->

FLCL is the best anime ever I saw all 6 epicodes if they released any new ep's please inform me.
o_rifle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #132
o_tyrus

Only 6 episodes man, sorry ;(

Old 07-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #133
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Indeed, we're all sorry.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #134
o_rifle

What do you mean sry thier was 6 epicodes made and then they ended it.
o_rifle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #135
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
"if they released any new ep's please inform me"

He was sorry to have to tell you that there were none.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #136
o_tyrus

Ahh, finished "Law of Ueki". It was, overall, very very good. Lots better than Scryed!!!! Law of Ueki was a very light hearted anime and even though I usually like dimmer more serious anime's, I'd say this one was still able to catch a "recommended" tag from me.

On a side note from "stream of conciousness" that is probably totally unrelated, I think that Naruto could possibly have been this good if it had concluded around episoded 50ish as well. Naruto just can't stop though. Once they started with those damn fillers, they fucked up the whole series.

Next I will watch "Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GIG"

Can't wait

Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #137
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Naruto, while starting out more promising, has fallen to the DBZ curse. To be any good, I think that every anime that lasts longer than 26 episodes needs to be fully planned out in advance. Or, at least, if you don't have any more plot, pause the series until you do. Drawn out episodes and utterly stupid story arcs have ruined too many series to count.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #138
o_nezumi

Truer words Jiggles!

With the mysterious exception of Ranma, which is 7 seasons of basically one joke and is unrelentingly hilarious through all of it that I've seen (the first 4 seasons. I'll watch it all eventually!)

Actually, I've seen some good shows with coherent plots go on for 52 episodes, like Fullmetal Alchemist and Fushigi Yuugi. There were one or two filler episodes in each of those but the plot kept right on advancing up untill the end.

... almost. Both shows were like 2 episodes too long.

But dbz/naruto/inu yasha type stuff that both has a plot and is longer than 52 episodes rarely holds my interest.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #139
o_tyrus

Ahh, just finished Ghost in the Shell - 2nd GIG. It was very good but I still think the first complex was better. However, they were both great in their own ways. The 2nd GIG's highlight was the "Folding paper cranes". (you would know what I'm talking about if you have seen it). Definitely the highlight of the series.

At first 2nd GIG was confusing, but it all started making sense very soon afterwards. Jeez the GITS series are fucking dialogue packed! Definitely not an anime you can watch while tired!!!!!!

Oh and Uchikomas! I sure hope there is a GITS - 3rd GIG. That would be amazing.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #140
o_tyrus

lol, I just noticed how I start my posts when I finish an anime. Well at least the last two:

"Ahh, just finished...."

I guess its from the feeling of satisfaction from finishing the series, sort of like the feeling of satisfaction you get after you fart...."Ahhh" or finish a good meal...."Ahhh"!