Old 08-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #21
Phatman
n00bsauce

Class/Position: Soldier/Pyro/ThatOneJerk
Gametype: Anything that involves killing
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Phatman Send a message via MSN to Phatman
Ot isn't the only populated server.....

Sure Pwnpalace has a few fakies that dupe even me into joining. However, there are servers out there. Just freaggin look... *sigh*

Old 08-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #22
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnelatio
A lot of people are banned from oldtimers, including me. I got banned for having a vaguely sexual latin name and when I went through their rigorous appeals process including full background check and after faxing over my birth certificate and driver's license they upheld the ban.
I'm out of state at the moment, so why don't you post that email exchange for me so everyone can see the real reason your request was denied. If you don't have them, don't worry, I can post them when I get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnelatio
I am not complaining about their policy of banning colored folks and gentiles, that's fine, but I am lonely
That has to be the most subtle way I've ever seen someone call a group of people racist anti-semites I've ever seen. Nice flame. It surely lends a clear credibility to your claim of being unjustly wronged.

Can someone move this to the appropriate section? danke.

Scuzzy

Old 08-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #23
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
work your magic
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit

Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
cunnelatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
check out there ban list. lol i heard it huge!
I wouldn't doubt it, they ban for just about anything. They even have a special script that tracks IP addresses so if you have a friend send you a hl2 guest pass on another steam account and you try to connect it will detect it and ban that steamid too (not that I would try something like that).

When they say permanent, they really mean it. I think I was banned almost a year ago. I understand wanting to maintain a mature atmosphere but they go way too far sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
That has to be the most subtle way I've ever seen someone call a group of people racist anti-semites I've ever seen. Nice flame. It surely lends a clear credibility to your claim of being unjustly wronged.
Gentile means non-heeb, friend. I actually called you a xenophobic jew, which is totally ok because even black people are nervous around black people

Anyway I think you are missing the point, guy. I just want people to populate other servers, too . If you want to ban handicapped kids and christians from your server that is your prerogative

With regards to our emails, I started out relatively polite and then got progressively angrier because banging your head against the wall doesn't hurt the wall. All kidding aside your server is ridiculous and unreasonable and I wasn't about to jerk you off because I only jerk myself off and sometimes close friends in a safe, comfortable setting.

Last edited by cunnelatio; 08-09-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #25
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

You should ease up on the flames it won't get you anywhere. Also you seem to bringing more publicity to the server you hate so much. I said oh lets go check that fucked up server out. But I didn't have any issues cause I follow their rules.

[o-t] Runs their server how they choose to. [AE] Runs it how we choose. And yes both co-exist just fine. We Choose the Adult Content atmosphere, Where as [o-t] chooses the family friendly type. And there's nothing wrong with either one.

417 and I ran a TDM server for a couple years (while waiting for FF) that was a family orientated server and had our FF server going for a couple months too.Server rules were night and day.

So if you don't like [o-t] thats fine but this kind of behavior only reflects back on you.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #26
cunnelatio

10/04/07 3:25 pm cunnelatio STEAM_0:0:4551118 Naming Issues

An admin was like oh man that is so vulgar change it so I did and I got permanently banned anyway. Exchanging emails with Scuzzy over this was really frustrating. I mean permabanned because whatever admin was present didn't like my name? Even after I acquiesced?

They throw permabans out way too much, and I don't think I broke any rules when I was playing there tbh

Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #27
WetWired

You guys whine about the stupidest things. The original idea of the fake players wasn't to "dupe" you into playing. I arrange my servers in the list by player count, and it keeps PwnPalace at the top, where the name will be seen more often. It's all a marketing gag. Much the same as listing what you offer in the name of the server. It has brought a LOT of traffic.

Boycot if you will, but by doing so, you're simply becoming what you most despise. I'd say that I've done a great deal for this community. I host TONS of files for free. I rented a server, in hopes to bring more people to this mod. I advertise Fortress Forever on a total of 6 servers I have access on. I actively participate on these forums. And I have worked my ass off trying to make that server as player friendly as it can be, with features that will keep people coming back.

And you're going to boycot my server for a fucking plugin. Fine. Add to already overwhelming drama in this community. Boycot the already low server count, and be sure to set a good example for others. Maybe you can turn the rest of the players into raging pricks too.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #28
Phatman
n00bsauce

Class/Position: Soldier/Pyro/ThatOneJerk
Gametype: Anything that involves killing
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Phatman Send a message via MSN to Phatman
I probably shouldn't have said I was 'duped' into joining, just more of I thought people were there, joined, and ended up wondering what happened to the other 6 that the server list showed were there.

Oh well. I understand that you're using the plugin to get people to the server. I would rather there be bots instead of something that's not even there. However, given that you're trying to get people into the server, it makes sense with what you're doing.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #29
tu!

i feel you pain cunnelatio. these guys use to be antibhop in tfc so it's not surprising they rules the game like it's cs or something.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #30
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
i feel you pain cunnelatio. these guys use to be antibhop in tfc so it's not surprising they rules the game like it's cs or something.
When was the last time you even played FF?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #31
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Should have been ' Hello please populate servers other than oldtimers and wireplay

http://bans.wireplay.co.uk/details/10776/

Old 08-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #32
CrazyCro
OLD-DEVILS

Class/Position: D
Gametype: FPS
Affiliations: OLD-DEVILS
Why don't you all stop this shit, and help populate all FF servers!
This mod is not going anywhere with this attitude. Some support for the mod guys.... and NOT flaming each other or servers that pay money to help this game.

o-t has a RIGHT to run their server and website any way they WANT!

For any new player that joins this forum, and views these threads Just might think this mod is NOT for them and FF will be left with NOTHING more but a handful of momo's

For some of you guys that think you are supporting FF (YOUR NOT!)
You are doing nothing more then Hurting FF.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #33
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
This is not what this forum is for.

Closed Thread