Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
What I don't understand is how someone can sit down and read the Bible or the Koran or any other holy book and decide "Yes, this is exactly what happened. This all makes perfect sense and I must follow its teachings. All the other religions are wrong; my vague feelings that 'there's something out there' apply specifically to this religion, only'". To me, that is absolute lunacy.
^^Christians/Muslims=Lunatics.
Criticising people who are far too sure of themselves is not being contemptuous of Christianity. I have a very great respect for many Christians I know who are brave enough to analyze their own beliefs critically. I have very little time for fundamentalists or extremists, including atheist ones.

Quote:
Quote:
Additionally, I don't understand how people can claim to be followers of Christianity (concentrating on the faith I am most familir with) and then lives that are so thoroughly un-Christian. It's like they don't even understand the teachings of their own holy book.
^^ Christians are idiots that do not understand their own faith.
Many are. Many are not. Nothing I said there implies anything about Christians generally.

Quote:
Quote:
Additionally, I don't understand how someone can truly believe in the truth of Christianity and not spend every waking minute of their day working to glorify Christ and the Lord as much as possible. If I truly believed in the truth of the Bible and the existence of heaven, I wouldn't be posting on forums, or doing a university degree. I'd be devoting my entire life to charity work and helping others. After all, this existence is just a fleeting prelude to the real deal that comes after we pass on. Right?
All Christians are either Liars of Hypocrites. They are Liars if they are not following what ekiM decides would be true belief in Christ. They are hypocrits if ekiM's definition of true belief is correct and they are not following it.
Stating that I do not understand the religious mentality is not expressing contempt for Christians.

Try again. You're looking for something that shows that I disrespect Christians or that I believe Christians are inferior for their belief. You are NOT looking for criticism of a subset of Christians or for evidence that Christians are different from myself.
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote