Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #81
Narbleh

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Hear hear. FF has the same major element that draws me into TF games: so many comedy moments. TF2 is just boring.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 AM   #82
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
actually i agree a lot with what sirtiger is saying. dont forget FF also coincided with the start of a new academic year, so thats our student devs (gingerlord and co) bogged down a bit more than usual. i agree wholeheartedly the site needs looking at, but it needs those features we talked about!

anyway i've made a renewed effort on the dev forums to round our guys up to soldier on!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #83
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
anyway i've made a renewed effort on the dev forums to round our guys up to soldier on!
Things get that bad? Who are the devs that are in on this 100%?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 AM   #84
cownaetion
Wizard of Milk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to cownaetion Send a message via AIM to cownaetion Send a message via MSN to cownaetion Send a message via Yahoo to cownaetion
The upgrading issue is bogus. HL2 has been out for a number of years now. A low-end P4 with a GeForce 5500 and 1gb of ram will run the damn game just fine. Sure no bells and whistles but I got 50+ fps just fine. I doubt 80% have lower standards that their playing on, and if they are hell their a lost cause and shouldn't even waste their time, stick to the consoles cause that's where their money is.

As for advertising I still don't get the irony on how people complain on here about there being none when they could be spending that time promoting it.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #85
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronius
Things get that bad? Who are the devs that are in on this 100%?
there's still a good dozen of us around daily, but whether we have the time to be working away is another matter. i know a couple are still slaving away

Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #86
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisTer
Why NY times, where 99% of the readers probably dont have HL2. Just do it in all the big game magazines. You'll spend way less $
Electronic Gaming Monthly? 1up.com?

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:48 AM   #87
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Seriously, if FF had an ad in Maximum PC, or PC Gamer, I'd be thrilled. Make sure to advertise only after the patch is released mmmk?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #88
_MJ_
Mapper

yea continue playing a dead mod (TFC)....

and upgrade your damn comps.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #89
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
This "FF is dying" and I'm going to swear now with out censoring is FUCKING STUPID. It hasn't even begun.

Also this is as big as it's going to get.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #90
Psycho 78

I didn't have too much trouble finding plenty of servers to play on last night. My friend and I played the Unreal Tournament 3 demo for a while and got bored with it, then we switched to FF and had more fun.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #91
DarkieJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHz
So now we all know the point of view from everybody on this subject. But i think nobody heard the pov from a TFC-player who isn't playing FF.

I can speak for half the TFC-players (now playing) if I say: YEAH! We want to play FF! However the reason we don't is pretty simple, our PC's can't handle it OR we are to lazy to buy HL2 specially for this game; THEN we better stick to TFC.

I know this sounds stupid but TF2 doesn't really has to do something with the little players playing FF.

Everybody who ever played TFC in his whole life, knows TF2 sucks. So why should we play that one instead of FF?I think FF is not released at the wrong time this year because of Halo 3 and TF2, but I think it's released a few years to late. Because everybody is getting sick of TFC and DON'T want to play another version of it.

I hope everybody understands my point, because I can't type and explain very good in English.
I disagree because i know alot old tfc players, and they stopped long time before FF was out the main reason whas spamming on servers and because valve messed tfc up with teleport's.
The people who now play tfc in pubs arent (Some will be) the old tfc players who played from the start.

And there will be players coming back for FF i know that for sure but alot people dont know it yet that FF is out.
I dint try TF2 yet but meaby is that nice too i dont know but for me it will be a real Team Fortress aka FortressForever/Team Fortress Classic.

I dont understand why people say FF is better TF2 is better:P if i hear people like that i must think at the time TFC players found CS . Youre for it: Fast based game play, With no dead wait time or Against it

Grtz

Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #92
reimroc

as long as the same 3 US servers stay constantly full (like they always are) i will be a happy fragger

Old 10-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #93
SmellyCat
Darknight

I miss the TFC bhop.

There, I finally admitted it.
<- elitist.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #94
Poo Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyCat
I miss the TFC bhop.

There, I finally admitted it.
<- elitist.
Don't worry, just because you like to bunnyhop, it doesn't make you elitist. You can rest easy

Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #95
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Half-life 2 came out in November of 2004. If a gamer has not upgraded their PC in 3 years, its about time they did.

"Because I have neglected my computer" is NOT a good reason!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #96
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
All this talk of advertising - how many people here have their own websites? I have one of my own. In my tech section I posted about FF. How about the rest of you website owners?

At the planetfortress forums I posted a thread asking for a Fortress forever section.

In your signatures on other forums, have you put a link back to fortress forever? What other gaming forums is everyone here part of? Have you posted about FF on those other sites?

Just a little bit of talk can go a long way.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #97
rabidkevin

It is not an advertising issue. When a player base drops from 1500 to 150 within 2 weeks and stays at that 150 mark consistantly, it means most people do not like the product. It means the only people playing are the ones who can look past the issues and pretend it will be a functional game within a reasonable time frame.

Having a complete, smooth, bug-free game is more crucial than any advertising, period. Word of mouth would spread like wildfire if FF actually felt like a polished game. When that day comes, then the players will grow.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #98
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I agree, but although I'm a web designer too, I lack the patience to build my own site, as I am a perfectionist. I get to a point where I start yelling at IE to stop fucking up the way the page looks, then make up a story in my head that IE and FF were real people, and laughing at IE getting the shit kicked out of it by FF...

Anywho, a sig works fine too. I went to all forums I frequent to add it as my sig.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:40 PM   #99
Camphlobactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidkevin
It is not an advertising issue. When a player base drops from 1500 to 150 within 2 weeks and stays at that 150 mark consistantly, it means most people do not like the product. It means the only people playing are the ones who can look past the issues and understand it will be a functional game within a reasonable time frame.
Fixed. l stayed because it was not only fun but because there were so few bugs for a first release it was easy to see how good of a job the devs did.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 AM   #100
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankyfingers
ok maybe we should take baby steps...A full page add in our local "Thrifty Nickel" would cost $20. Just think, FF would be seen in every Laundrymat and convenient store in St.Petersburg! Then....THE WORLD!!!! Muahahahahahaaaa...

sorry bout that I always wanted to say then....THE WORLD,followed by an evil laugh.Thought it might be my last chance.
Narf. But bwain, what are we going to do tomowwow night?

Closed Thread