Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 AM   #41
Toastie

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The only things I feel needs changing in FF are bulkier models, get rid of models acting like BRICK WALLS, and a change in how the speed cap is implemented. The models look like a bunch of middle schoolers. They need to be some size, they all look like paris hilton or something. I think the size of the models in TF2 and L4D are good, just make TFC models of that size and put it into FF. Bigger models also give more of a canvas to make them look better because to be honest, the oldest TFC models look better in my opinion.

Also I do not think models should stop a players momentum down to 0%. Its wierd how you can conc into a stationary player, at 10000 MPH, and just stop dead in your tracks. I think it needs to be soften in order to keep some kind of flow to the gameplay, because its just weird the way it is now.

And then I dont think you should go down to the designated cap when you hit the ground. Hell I dont even think you should gain speed off just bhopping. I think it should be just like quake where you skim and your speed cools down to normal, and has to do so off a rj/pj/cj/or a frag grenade jump.

Those 3 things, and I think the game plays smoother and just make a little more sense, with characters that actually look old enough to drink. Otherwise, this game is ace still

Last edited by Toastie; 01-26-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Toastie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #42
!nF3D4L
D&A Member

Class/Position: Offy ftw
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: ]NM[- `DIB5
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to !nF3D4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
The only things I felt need changing in FF are bulkier models, get rid of models acting like BRICK WALLS, and a change in how the speed cap is implemented. The models look like a bunch of middle schoolers. They need to be some size, they all look like paris hilton or something. I think the size of the models in TF2 and L4D are good, just make TFC models of that size and put it into FF. Bigger models also give more of a canvas to make them look better because to be honest, the oldest TFC models look better in my opinion.

Those 3 things, and I think the game plays smoother and just make a little more sense, with characters that actually look old enough to drink. Otherwise, this game is ace
is that -W- toastie???? if so hai... and hows qb and all dem

and i concour... but we need more modelersss
Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
From that angle it looks like she has a flaming penis...
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Yeah, cause big bad infy is the center of all things development. He is, however, the center of all things cool.
!nF3D4L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #43
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
yeah, that was the point.

try to get the joke next time, geo.
Oh I was being sarcastic too

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #44
Toastie

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by !nF3D4L View Post
is that -W- toastie???? if so hai... and hows qb and all dem

and i concour... but we need more modelersss
yeh man wassup... qb's good, dunno about anyone else.
Toastie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #45
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Fix Napalmnades so there's no need of an almost direct hit to burn people or change how their work (TFC fire field plz?).

Bring back fire damage reduction (no need for half, maybe just 75% damage) so it's actually fun to Pyro vs Pyro instead of being a Soldier wannabe dm.

Also, caltrops or radar.
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #46
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Only thing sniper really needs is hitbox fixes. If the hitboxes are fixed, the rest is left up to skill and a good sniper would actually be able to be a useful part of the team. Right now, many shots that "hit" actually miss and screw the sniper out of usefulness.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #47
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhead View Post
The tagging, I think is what actually makes the sniper a somewhat useful team player. When someone is tagged, everyone on your team knows where they are if they're in a certain range. If the "radar grenades" and the 1 second hold tag were implemented, then the sniper would be able to really help the team out by showing the team where everyone is. Disable it for cloaked/disguised spies, and it'd be fair. It'd be like a good advance warning system.
No, tagging is unfair enough already. I shouldn't even go into the enemy base while tagged, because they'll just hit me with a rocket from around a corner because THEY KNOW I'M THERE. I'd much rather see tagging removed then be buffed.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #48
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

Send a message via MSN to Junkhead
Yeah, I'm seeing some very good arguments against the tagging. There's got to be a way to make it more fair though, because removing tagging altogether would make snipers less useful. If all they do is sit down somewhere and shoot people, what good are they doing the team? Since they're spending so much of the time observing the enemy, wouldn't it be good to share some of that intel with the team?

What if, instead of the "tagging grenade", there would be a grenade that acts like a radar for the team? It would basically last for maybe 15 seconds, and it would create a "field", and any enemy that walks inside the field would be tagged, but only while they're in the field. If the field were to dissipate or if the enemy were to move outside of the field, then they would not be tagged any longer. You could even make it so if an enemy walks inside the field with a tag on them already, and they walk out of the field, their tag is removed (easier to code this way too!). Also, exclude spies from the field-tagging of course.

This way, for instance, on 2fort, you could toss one of these down the elevator shaft if you see an enemy running down there to get the flag, and you'd be able to monitor their status for a short time.

How big the radius would be, I have no idea, I'm sure that could be determined through playtesting though.
Junkhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #49
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
I think by removing the charge and replacing it with a fixed damage single shot, the position of the sniper would change to include base defense as well as yard D.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #50
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

Actually, I really like that idea, Monoxide. What kinds of damage are we talking for a normal/head shot?

Oh and Toastie, I agree with everything you said too.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #51
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
in regards to tagging, i think it would function better as an audio tag rather than the wallhack it is now. some sort of proximity beeping to let you know someone is coming closer, but not giving away their EXACT position.

or maybe have the person thats tagged glow with a bright teamcolored light so you can see him coming around a corner or something.

i dunno, im just not that big of a fan of the wallhack tag because once youre tagged youre pretty much fucked. either you get killed by the sniper or you run into the base and get killed because everyone knows exactly where you are.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #52
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhead View Post
Actually, I really like that idea, Monoxide. What kinds of damage are we talking for a normal/head shot?

Oh and Toastie, I agree with everything you said too.

Sniper Rifle: No charge, single shot hitscan.
damage something like 80/250
2.0 or 1.5 second reload. (time between shots)
Only headshots should halt a player's movement.

2.2 AR

2 Proximity frag nades.
2 proximity radar nades

Proximity nades would stick to brushes (walls, floors, terrain, any solid object) and detonate when triggered by an enemy coming within a short range.

Prox Frags would do significantly less damage than regular thrown frag nades. the proximity nades have a timer of 120 seconds and you can only have 1 of each deployed at any time.

The addition of these two new grenades would give the sniper more personal flavor and allow him to have more of a use mid/long range while watching his rear/ the objective.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #53
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

@Monoxide: Sounds good to me, man.

@Skanky: Yeah that makes sense. When you're tagged, as you said, you're basically fucked, now that I think about it (rarely anyone I tag ever survives, if I don't kill them first, speaking about non-snipers). How about if we changed the tagging so it would be drastically reduced range (say, 5 metres as a ballpark), and would instead show a team-coloured "silhouette" through walls? But would not show anything if they were in your actual line of sight. Spies, if cloaked and tagged, would show a silhouette similar to the TF2 one. However, the tagging would be much easier to do. Perhaps the prox grenades, Monoxide's idea, could be merged with my altered "radar grenade" idea. A multi-purpose grenade that would work equally well in both team and individual operations.

I like the idea of that audio tag though, how would you want that implemented?

Example: There's a boatload of people about to enter the your base in 2fort. Drop a prox grenade down there somewhere around the corner to help your teammates get visuals.

Example: You're a sniper, and you drop a prox grenade behind you to protect from spies.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #54
im2cool4uroflolz
y halo thar

Class/Position: Lord of Random Sentry Placement
Maybe just make the tag like a "bling-bloo" thing? Like, it lasts for 30 seconds again, BUT, it only transmits your position every 5 seconds or so, so they know your general area but not your exact location?
im2cool4uroflolz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #55
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I think the tag should "blink".

Show up once every like...3-5 seconds, for about a second. So it's not a constant wallhack, but still helpful.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #56
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Sniper:
Sniper Rifle fires HE rounds.

I wish.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #57
tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
The only things I feel needs changing in FF are bulkier models, get rid of models acting like BRICK WALLS, and a change in how the speed cap is implemented. The models look like a bunch of middle schoolers. They need to be some size, they all look like paris hilton or something. I think the size of the models in TF2 and L4D are good, just make TFC models of that size and put it into FF. Bigger models also give more of a canvas to make them look better because to be honest, the oldest TFC models look better in my opinion.
been said this since day 1.
tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #58
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

I'm definitely in favour of the tag blinking or as im2cool4uroflolz said, having it transmit your position only every 5 seconds. It'd be real helpful if on screen it said when your position is being transmitted, too.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #59
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2cool4uroflolz View Post
Maybe just make the tag like a "bling-bloo" thing? Like, it lasts for 30 seconds again, BUT, it only transmits your position every 5 seconds or so, so they know your general area but not your exact location?
That's exactly what I meant. You beat me to it, damnit.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #60
Agent Buckshot Moose
Wiki Standards Team
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Sniper/Demoman
Affiliations: :e0: Co-leader
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
There shouldn't be any major changes to the sniper mechanics unless those changes also come with fix hitboxes. That is all.
Agent Buckshot Moose is offline   Reply With Quote