Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #241
o_sizeablessonic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Im pretty sure a tank's weak spot is its rear....

And also yes just look at the UT 2007 screens and you shall see what I mean.
o_sizeablessonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #242
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
i think in almost cases, a tank's weakest spot is the join between the base and the turret,. second being the engine.
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #243
o_badluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
rofl... yeah, something to do w/ bologna sandwiches haha
those voice overs were great
Do you still have them somewhere?
o_badluck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #244
o_tennovan

I'm not looking for a nocd crack or anything but I think it sucks that we have to put our CD in the drive every single time we play. It just gets old. Is there a legal way to backup an image of the CD to our hard drive and then boot it from there? Or is this illegal too?

EDIT: Nm, I found a way.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #245
o_broodingdude

Crack or ISO Tennovan?

I still gotta get more RAM and a larger HDD.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 07:43 PM   #246
o_frenchtoast

I had a nocd, but It stopped working with the release of 1.02. I'm still hoping that someone will make one for 1.02, haven't seen any yet.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #247
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodingdude
Crack or ISO Tennovan?
Iso. Was pretty simple actually. Plus its legal, just not recommended due to blacklisting.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #248
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennovan
Quote:
Crack or ISO Tennovan?
Iso. Was pretty simple actually. Plus its legal, just not recommended due to blacklisting.
Ho! You use DaemonTools? Quickest ISO program I have ever used. I think the newest build is 3.14. It's the best for playstation ROMS. Almost no load time.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #249
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

There is no amazing 'sweet' spot for magical kills. Just hit the damn thing in the back and the sides (low down preferable) and it'll die eventually. Front shots are a total waste of time, it can take four shots if you're unlucky. I rarely tackle a tank head on these days. I much prefer waiting for my opportunity, or getting on a roof.

Quote:
This would be the x-ray engine. For those of you who don't know, this engine is being hand crafted in Russia (Or ukrane or whatever) by real Russians
As opposed to machine crafted by artifical Russians? :P

Old 09-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #250
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
There is no amazing 'sweet' spot for magical kills. Just hit the damn thing in the back and the sides (low down preferable) and it'll die eventually. Front shots are a total waste of time, it can take four shots if you're unlucky. I rarely tackle a tank head on these days. I much prefer waiting for my opportunity, or getting on a roof.
I prefer proning among bushes, tall grass and behind walls as Spec Forces and tossing a C4 or two and giggle madly until I snarl "Die tank-boy!" and blow 'em up. I make my games more fun than they're supposed to be...

My wife sometimes wonders about me...

Old 09-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #251
o_tennovan

Quote:
Ho! You use DaemonTools? Quickest ISO program I have ever used. I think the newest build is 3.14. It's the best for playstation ROMS. Almost no load time.
I have version 3.47 and yes, its badass.

Anyways, I am having a problem with two games in particular and I need some help. BF2 and AoM:Titans. My system is clean, no viruses, no trojans. But probably 2 or 3 times a day while playing these two games, my system will...

1) Crash to Desktop
2) Give a plain BSoD with no text.
3) Give a BSoD with text.
4) Just randomly reboot.

So I went into the system config and disabled the option to automatically reboot when it crashes. I got it to crash in about 30 mins this time and it said something like:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
STOP 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x0002CB34, 0x00000003, 0x00000000)

So I google it. Seems its either bad memory or bad drivers. So I go to memtest86 and run that. 4 passes, 0 errors so that means it HAS to be a bad driver? I have read many people with similar problems and some think its sound, some think its gfx related, some think it may even be wireless cards. I have integrated audio but I also have DSP-500's and the only time I've ever played is with my headset so I don't know how that works. I've also checked with Everest and my temps run ok I guess, CPU and PWM run about 40-44c while idle and 50-53c under heavy stress. Any idea on how I can go about finding out where my problem is?

Old 09-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #252
o_bokko

I haven't played bf yet, but on the matter of tanks. This is if we're actually discussing tanks, and not any armoured vehicle. It's a bit pointless to put realism in favor of gameplay. No grenade should take out a tank though!
The shockwave could perhaps injure the people inside if it detonated under the tank, but even then i doubt it.
I'm no expert on this, I only served military service not long ago. I was taught that the only way to fight a tank is with artillery, terrain or another tank. If you were to take out one with an rpg you'd have to be extremely lucky. Sweet spots should be the sides, the top, maybe the tail? Anyway, I was told that it's pretty useless to fire at a tank and reveal your position...

Sorry about the long post!
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #253
o_tennovan

Uh, I was closing Firefox and it crashed again.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DBC9A)

Now all my firefox settings are gone. Bookmarks and all. WTF.

Old 09-03-2005, 12:26 AM   #254
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Tennovan, full system specs please. Your problem likely lies in what chipset driver version you're using. Next would be video drivers, sound drivers and system bios version.

I can help you through finding/installing those if you can post all the hardware you're running in your box. If you make a different thread for this in the chat forum, link me here, I might miss it. Good luck. =)
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 02:03 AM   #255
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

So, this thread has a congo line all the way back to Mexico.

I don't even remember the things that were said, but barring a tank, you aren't gonna kill a blackhawk if there's two engineers on it.. you just.. you just aren't. Maybe a huge collaborative effort, but you by yourself aren't gonna single handedly take down a blackhawk with engineers onboard unless you have that aforementioned tank, or can kill the pilot and no one else notices the pilot has died.

Mulch and I have really been tearin' it up nightly, and it's crazy how quickly he's picked up the TV missle. I rarely play as the gunner, and I suck at it, and Mulch just.. he can rip some ass.

There's been so many times where I've watched his missle fly 46 miles away to kill some guy, and then we just laugh, it's awesome. The close up kills are cool and all, but it's when you go yard with the TV missle where it's just funny as hell.

I had to follow his lead, too, and order some new computer parts.

I mean, right now, I average about 20fps, and it's horrible, which is why I generally don't like running around on the ground trying to kill people. On some of the maps, Strike at Karkand and Shongua(?) Stalemate my framerate isn't so bad and I don't mind runnin' around, but everything else is just... it's so hard for me to try and hit someone runnin' and jumpin' around and all of that.

Not that my fps is magically better when I'm flying, haha, don't get me wrong, my fps still averages around 20 and dips into the teens regularly, but I've gotten used to it.

I can remember the first time I played BF2 with Jon, and he was flying me around in the blackhawk. I asked him it was boring to fly, and haha.. how little I knew. Maybe it's just me, though, I just really like flying the helicopters. I don't care if my gunner is killin' dickloads of people; I mean, that's the point of having a gunner. I'm not that stupid pilot who's just doin' his own thing, I know that when I have a gunner that isn't fucked in the head that he can kill the world if I can get him in a decent spot.

So anyway, when my new parts get here -- after the damn 3 day weekend, god damn it all, Patty.. no words -- I dunno what to expect. I mean, I play BF2 with shitty fps, and a game that looks like shit, but come next week I'ma wipe the shit away and dump in my pants.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 02:44 AM   #256
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Gah, I couldn't stand playing at < 20fps! Years of TFC has made me such a fps whore.

The other day, I faced a fully loaded blackhawk (with engineers), and even after scoring 3 direct hits (as fast as I could fire) with the tank, in addition to the alt machine gun fire, the bh wasn't even smoking! If the US gov used the same materials for their blackhawks, the tragedy that inspired that movie wouldn't have happened!
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2005, 02:58 AM   #257
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Yeah, but more importantly, how smooth is your game?

Trepid, what?

Old 09-03-2005, 04:55 AM   #258
o_tennovan

Screw it, I just formatted and reinstalled windows. The crashes were getting insane.

Old 09-03-2005, 05:28 AM   #259
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

It's cause you goto Tech, man, I'm telling you.

Trepid, what?

Old 09-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #260
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
TV missles heavily rely on cooperation between the pilot/gunner (ie it wouldnt happen if they didnt have VoIP or actually knew each other) or in long range cases, the commander (or a squad leader on the ground) would do a good job spotting.

another thing i really do feel BF2 lacks, is BINOCULARS! i dont give a shit about whether they can be used to aid sniping with the medic alt rifle or whatever, i just want to be able to see further sometimes.

and yet another thing.... motorbikes? maybe motorbikes could shut up the people that go off on one man expeditions stealing all the FAVs/PCVs
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote