Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Scatt3rbrain

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Concmaps on create a server

I know this is an old issue, but I'm having trouble playing some concmaps while using create server option in FF, and I've found through some old thread research that I need LUA files for my maps? The links I've found in threads I dug up, though, are outdated and I can't get these files from them.

Anyone know how/where to find them, or how I can change a dedicated server's map outside of the rockthevote method (which only gives 5 options from the server map list to choose from and none of which usually end up being the one I'm in the mood for)? Thanks in advance!!!
Scatt3rbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatt3rbrain View Post
I know this is an old issue, but I'm having trouble playing some concmaps while using create server option in FF, and I've found through some old thread research that I need LUA files for my maps? The links I've found in threads I dug up, though, are outdated and I can't get these files from them.

Anyone know how/where to find them,
Check my sig for map links.

If it's a server you created from your game menu (listen Server) try changelevel "mapname"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatt3rbrain View Post
or how I can change a dedicated server's map outside of the rockthevote method (which only gives 5 options from the server map list to choose from and none of which usually end up being the one I'm in the mood for)? Thanks in advance!!!
Need more info. you have a dedicated with admin set up on it? The 5 choice maplimit sounds like your using SourceMod.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Scatt3rbrain

Gametype: Capture the Flag
I can change a map on a created server (listen as you referred) through the console, but the problem is most of my concmaps don't give me bags when the level loads. Sometimes I can't even pick a class to play as, as they are all grayed out.

What I meant on the second paragraph is that when I'm on somebody else's dedicated server, if I type "rockthevote" I only get the 5 map selection, instead of being able to type "vote mapnamehere" like most tfc servers allowed.

Hope I was more clear that time, I do live up to my name haha!
Scatt3rbrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Ok the first one your missing the mapname.lua for the concmaps.

Seconded, source mod RTV (which most servers run) is set at 5 by default and a maximum of 6. Type nominate "mapname" then do a rtv vote and it should show up for ya.