Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #21
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
How about because it's the heart of the whole matter over there? Israel exists because the then "world government" took land from Palestine, roped it off and said "nyah nyah too fucking bad." It has been in dispute for ages. The Palestinians were thrown out in favor of their hated enemy. No regards for a peacefull attempt at "coexistance" was ever attempted by the world government.
I believe that Israel's claim precedes the Palestinians. I deleted the rest of your comment from the quote. Argue with someone else.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #22
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Why not? Israel was "given" land in Palestine....
because it was the spoils of war.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #23
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
So you would be happy if the government took a chunk of your land and gave it to someone else.....

Nevermind... you're just another blind american who listens to everything the government says is right. Enjoy your time in the neutral zone... for as long as it lasts.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper18 View Post
because it was the spoils of war.
Was it? Link to some sort of proof on that one?

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #25
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Was it? Link to some sort of proof on that one?
Read a history book.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Considering the nature of the region, how do the anti-Israeli individuals here see the Palestinians having a longer laid claim to the area then Israel? Who owned Jerusalem before Melchizedek that has all of you in a tizzy? What was the importance of the area before him that has made it so vital to the Palestinians? I realize we're talking 3000 or so years ago, but I am interested in learning what facts you guys have on it and how you feel the pain is being felt by present day Palestinians.

I'm also a bit confused as the "land for peace" deals that were negotiated by the Palestinians seem to have done absolutely nothing in stopping the attacks by anti-Israelis and in some ways I'd say have stepped them up. The blockade is a standard method in warfare to prevent munitions from entering a hostile area, Israel is obviously attempting to prevent the re-arming of attacking forces in Gaza. They are allowing aid into Palestine, about 10000 lbs per day, just not in the form of "aid guns" and "aid rockets" as those are difficult for woman and children to digest. It's sad to see the anti-Israel propaganda supported by the media as well, like what Reuters did with their photographs saying that the Palestinians (who weren't looking to provide aid, just break the blockade), weren't armed... easy to say when you can crop the photos and/or photoshop out the weapons.

Scuzzy

Old 06-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #27
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga View Post
Read a history book.
Why must i do the research for you?
When, as mooga said, its written clearly in history.
And here are facts:

In 70 AD, the Romans destroyed the Temple and much of the city (Israel's) walls. This was the Roman government's final attempt to get the 'Jewish Situation' under control. They pushed many of the Jews from the the land. The emperor declared the area PALESTINE.

[Palestine is latin for 'Land of the philistines']

During all this time, there were Arabian people living on this land. Today, they are called Palestinians, but are NOT descendants of the Philistines, they are Arabs.'

The area remained inhabited by remnants of Jews, and Arabs still in the land as well as various conquering nations. Including the Ottoman Turks and the Muslim invaders.

In 1918, after WWI, the British took control of this area and renamed it PALESTINE after the ancient Roman designation.

1923 - The British divided the area into two districts: Palestine (West of the Jordan river) and Transjordan (east of said river).
Jews were permitted only west of the Jordan River.

1946 - Transjordan was renamed Jordan. All of the area west of Jordan was to be the Jewish-Palestinian homeland.
The Arabs did not see it this way. They wanted it all, as well as the Jews expelled.

During WWII, Hitler began the persecution and destruction of Jews who lived in various European countries. At the end of the war in 1945, the survivors of the holocaust had no nation or homeland to go to. Many were killed in the original countries of origin when they tried to return, and others who were not killed fled to Palestine.

1947 - The British had enough of trying to rule and occupy this area with all of its cultural and ethnic problems. They turned control of this area to the UN.
The UN divided this are into Jewish-Palestine and Arab-Palestine based on population concentrations. The Jews accepted, the Arabs did not, for they still wanted it all.

May 14, 1948 - Jewish-Palestine declared it's independence in the land that they were given by the UN, and named themselves Israel.
The following day 7 neighboring Arab nations attacked them.
Following this 19 month war, Israel had defeated all of its enemies, but some 400,000 Arab-Palestinians had fled in fear of the war. They became the seeds of the Palestinian 'Liberation Movement' and called themselves 'The Refugees'.
Egypt had essentially won the Gaza strip during the war and Jordan had won the West Bank area including Jerusalem. Jordan granted the Arab refugees from the war full citizenship and gave them the West bank area as their home.

May of 1967 - Egypt, Jordan and Syria mobilized along Israel's border to finally eliminate the Nation of Israel. Israel launched a preemptive strike against Egypt's air force. In about 2 hours Egypt's air force was rendered useless.
After 6 days of war, Israel had defeated its enemies and reclaimed West Bank and the city of Jerusalem, as well as the Gaza Strip, the Sinai Desert and the Sinai Peninsula.
Unfortunately, the rest of the world didn't see Israel as a winner claiming its rights to the spoils of war, but considered it to be an Occupier.

The Arabs living in the Gaza Strip joined with the former Arabs expelled during the War of 1948 and declared themselves, once again, Refugees. They vowed to destroy Israel and retake the land.

1982 - At Camp David Peace Accord, in the USA, Israel relented and gave back the Desert and the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in an attempt to bring some sort of peace to the region.

The Arabs were not satisfied and declared they would annihilate Israel.

2005 - Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip.
The Arabs of Gaza still fire rockets into Israel and desire for it to be destroyed.

1970s/1980s - Many of these 'Palestinian Refugees' were expelled from Jordan because of continual clashes with Jordanian Authorities and the military.

The resulting Palestinian Liberation Organization is nothing more than a
'Terrorist Organization".
The world insisting that Israel 'negotiate' with the terrorists is as if the USA were forced to negotiate with Al-Qaeda.
Much of the world except the USA and Great Britain still consider Israel to be an Occupier of the land.

----------------------------------------------------------

Before you take a side, Learn both sides of the story first.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #28
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
So you would be happy if the government took a chunk of your land and gave it to someone else.....

Nevermind... you're just another blind american who listens to everything the government says is right. Enjoy your time in the neutral zone... for as long as it lasts.
No, I'm just an american who doesn't believe the media or most other people for that matter. Anyone can say anything in this day and age and whether or not its true, to you, is a matter of research and educating yourself.
Not all Americans are blind asshole.
Just mostly the ones that are spoon fed 'information' from our fucked up Media.

Last edited by reaper18; 06-14-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #29
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
The only thing that's weird about this why Israeli special forces decided to board a ship with paintball guns and an order to not shoot unless threatened.

Other than that, pretty typical day at the office.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
It probably has something to do with the fact that it would be counter-intuitive to ship the humanitarian aid to the people who have put the Palestinians in the position of needing said aid in the first place. Seriously, I wish people would stop saying that. It's so stupid. Let's pass the responsibility of delivering humanitarian aid onto the people committing the war crimes and illegal occupation. Yeah, okay! Congratulations on posting information from "Israeli Defense Force Spokesperson". That definitely doesn't sound biased or anything.
one word....

EGYPT
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #31
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper18 View Post
Not all Americans are blind asshole.
I think his jab was at me.
This is not directed at you but Iggy: It's a shame that insults are used instead of simply being ok with someone holding a view that is in opposition to yours.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:22 AM   #32
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
I think his jab was at me.
This is not directed at you but Iggy: It's a shame that insults are used instead of simply being ok with someone holding a view that is in opposition to yours.
It wasn't a jab.... but a statement of truth. You appear to me, to be one of those Americans who will listen to only what the government approved media tells you. That being the case, I'm not going to bother with arguing with you.... because no matter what I or anyone else tells you, you will go on believing the propaganda machine.

Welcome to Germany, circa 1934.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #33
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
It wasn't a jab.... but a statement of truth. You appear to me, to be one of those Americans who will listen to only what the government approved media tells you. That being the case, I'm not going to bother with arguing with you.... because no matter what I or anyone else tells you, you will go on believing the propaganda machine.

Welcome to Germany, circa 1934.
No. You're not going to argue that point with me because I wont permit it. That you continue to resort to insults is why. If we each occupied a place of mutual respect with each other I'd be happy to discuss it with you. Your continued use of insults demonstrates why I do not respect what you have to say. I believe that if you were truly interested in "discussing" anything then you would be capable of conversation without the insults and without trying to force a monolithic view on the issue being discussed.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #34
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Quote:
what the government approved media tells you.
That would be ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, etc. We all know the White House and Congress HATE Fox News.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #35
YomMamasHouse

Israel shouldn't have to surrender land to the Palestinians, everyone knows that the Palestinian land was given to them by the Palestinians, not for example, a bunch of white people in another part of the world with no real claim.... you know.
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #36
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

I didn't realize the United Nations was all white people!!! Someone tell Ban Ki-Moon to get white or GTFO.

As for the claim... the Ottomans should have stayed out of world war 1.

Last edited by stray kitten; 06-25-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #37
YomMamasHouse

What does this have to do with the UN? They wouldn't do that, that would be morally wrong.

(Also most of them are, the key word here being token, tokens look great on TV)
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote