Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Tick Rate

ok to my understanding the highest tickrate as of now is 66 but unstable, i know this b/c we run a 22 slot with 66tick and i know a few other clan servers that do to. And it just gets some sort of a lag not ping lag really its just tick drops down to like 20's or so and then the lag starts. but from what i gather setting tick to 33 seems more stable but makes gameplay crappy like concing is hard or even rjumping its like you blast the ground and go nowhere although i think its worse for low end pc's but dont know for sure. so anyways will the tickrates be worked on or can they be in anyway possible? i sure hope so b/c if this game could support 100tick my god man this game would own ALL.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
Doompiggy
Banned

Client's ping doesn't make a server lag and tick can't drop. It just means the server can't handle 22 people cause it's hardware is shit or the connection is shit. 33tick is fine, just the hit detection to the hitbox goes down. 33tick also won't make concing harder nor rocketjumping. Tick also seems to deal with physics, so if you hit a movable box it will move differently with 33tick and 66tick. 100tick is really unnecessary in FF. It's mainly for games that need dead on hit detection, like DoD and CSS. And I don't want to hear "oh stfu sas u dun play tis gam so ur a nubens!!" I don't need to play the game to give info on a simple Source matter.

Doompiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #3
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

sasuke stfu nubbins im telling you right now if i went to a 33tick i wouldnt be able to rjump worth a crap trust me i tried this, then went to a 66 and rjump np also with 33 tick when i press my jump button it is slugish and actually delaying my jumps, and also besides a higher tickrate doesnt only make hitbox fire better it makes the gameplay smoother. so there hahah
And yes all sasuke doesnt play FF he still plays little barbies playhouse!
ok on the serious note again sasuke we have tried sevral companies theplanet twice diffrent ppl hosting for us, and now we use gamerservers which pay for ourselfs.
so if you have anything else might be usefull mayeb better provider or whatever you have info of fill me in thx in advance, and about the nubbins thing you already knew you had that coming. LOL

Old 12-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
its FF i think.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

You might want to try capping your player slots at 18, just to see if it's to many players on that machine. You could set four reserve slots with Source Mod And not give anybody reserver status. Just to see how it played for a few days. That way if the problem goes away or gets better you know what the problem is.

We run a 16 slot server and it runs pretty good most of the time. Remember any ff issues you send in to your GSP FF is a new mod and those fuckers are just guessing at what to do for it based on the other source games they have been supporting. So it may or may not work.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Doompiggy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulja
now we use gamerservers
There is your problem. Gameservers sucks for Source games. Their machines are not capable of handeling more that 16 slots, or at least, handeling without lag. mervaka is right, it's FF not the tick. As for your failure in 33tick servers, I must say, learn to rocket jump. Remember the server we had? IT WAS 33 TICK. Yeah, and we had a rocket jump map on it and guess what. I BEAT IT, A LOT! It's you, the server, or FF. Not the tick rates.
Doompiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

raptor servers right? you still have the site? if you do pass it on bro b/c you are right over like 16 slot [players] it starts to get that laggy crap.
they even told us that their cpu is maxing out in resources so that confirms your theory i supose.But they tried to say it might be b/c we are using sourcemod which i think is bs.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

To temporarily disable SourceMod got to your server directory and go here:
FortressForever/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini
Edit this line inside your metaplugins.ini folder

addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm

it should look like this when your done:

//addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm

The forward slash's tells metamod not to read that line effectively disabling SourceMod allowing you to check and see if it's a pluggin or something else.

I host with Game servers also they give a new meaning to 24/7 support. The best way is to sit in there IRC otherwise wise it takes way to long for support tickets. PS get with me on TS or IRC and I can help you with the plugin.