Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #61
o_blufive

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
In CZ2, are those columns of light on the cap points? I have to assume that they're going to change colour to reflect which team has control of the point, a la UT2004's Onslaught mode?

If so: cool. That should reduce the number of lost newbies somewhat, and no more having to duck into the control room to get any idea of the state of play.
o_blufive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #62
jetta
beep beep

I hate it
jetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #63
o_qui

Quote:
Nice update. The only concern I have is, what is up with al those dark maps?
The three maps you posted were dark in tfc too
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #64
o_kam

Quote:
The only concern I have is, what is up with al those dark maps?
They're all as dark or slightly darker than the originals. The better lighting and the fact that its a 32bit colour game rather than 256 colour means things will stand out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator
I fail to understand why an earthquake hit in my favorite map
It wasn't an earth quake. It was the millions of 2v2s that did it.

I'm not sure about the pillars. On the one hand it means you can actually use them for cover, but on the other it means an sg overlooking pit will be way easier to take down and concing around the pillars might be impossible.

Oh and are the little sloped bits in the corner than allows a scout to jump across the pit still there?
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #65
o_fresh

I'd just like to take this moment to say,

OMFG OFMGOFM DGOMFMDGOFOFMFOMFMOFGMFOFMGFOMOOFMOFOFMOMFOMGMGOMO MGOMFMOOFMFOMFOMFOFMFFOMFMOFF OH MY FUCKING GOD IOH MY FUCKING GOAWD OMFG WAHT THE FUCKING GOD OMFG SEX.
o_fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #66
o_[ffm]-ac/dc

Very nice job, can't wait to actually play this!
o_[ffm]-ac/dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #67
o_alligator

hm....time to update again..
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #68
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
perhaps in openfire if you angled the broken bits of floor into a V shape, perhaps this can overcome the concing problems people are saying about

Old 06-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #69
o_stab

Openfire looks fantastic. Dont listen too these muppits that say it wont emulate the flowing style of the tfc openfire. GOOD. I dont want TFC in better graphics, it needs to be different. As long as the movement/feeling is roughly the same then great, because tfc is the only game iv played where you feel fully in control. With regards to the darkness of the maps then everyone is going to be different. My old monitor the light maps looked dark, on this laptop i can see the walls in a pitch black room. So you will never please everyone.
o_stab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #70
o_scare

Looking seeexy! well looks really different but its been changed well and i cant wait to play it xD Cant wait to see the HwGuy

Keep it UP!
o_scare is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #71
o_darknight

Oh my fooking god!

Yuss! Now that's an update, awesome stuff - I'm totaly loving CZ2, the SG family and the medic (although he does have a square head. :P)

Whoah.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #72
o_stagl

ok, i finally had to sign up to give respect to this team. i've been lurking for about a year (it feels...actually, just looked it up and it's a little over a year). every update brings me great joy and hope for an amazing multiplayer game that does not exist just yet.

maybe i'm not picky, but each update that is released looks perfect. your artists feel that they should stylize something this way, i wholeheartedly agree. this isn't a remake, this is part2 (i understand some legacy components are totally neccessary, but maps looking different?!...please)!

love you guys, love your literature, love your work....can't wait.

-stagl
o_stagl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #73
o_ambex

holy shit.. well was the best part of the update.

no more comments..

Last edited by o_ambex; 06-10-2006 at 11:59 AM.
o_ambex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #74
o_turbowolf

AAaaaahhh!!!! The models! The lights!!! The all!!!!! *orgasm*
o_turbowolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #75
o_soulcutter

Does anyone else think the pyro looks like he's wearing a one-piece fuzzy pajamas suit from behind? Looks like a giant baby farmer to me...
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #76
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I do now. He needs a belt or something. Maybe a different colored mid-portion.

Last edited by Circuitous; 06-10-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #77
o_ohcanep

An update is here.

As always though, the models and maps look great. What I wonder is when we're going to see the HUD? We've seen character and weapon models in-game as well as sentry guns and even some leaked videos but the HUD is yet to be seen. Maybe next time .

I dig the lightning and feeling on Well and CZ2. Well is essentially the same as in the original(s) but the changes made with 'creative license' are great and needless to say it looks 7.328 times better. Canalzone is also clean and there's no trivial junk lying about. I'd guess that those beams of light are very likely to change colour as others have said. In addition to that players touching a beam with their team's flag should be vapourized as if they were hit with a 'dark energy ball' . This way they'd be ready to take the next flag right away.

Railgun's ace. Looks like something Einstein himself might have come up with . This should keep people away from the BAU thread for a moment... time is a relative concept though.
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #78
o_tercel

i looked at openfire and thought to myself "if the flag is on the floor how will a demo ever pipe it...the pipes will just keep rolling around!"

and then i remembered this is FF and we dont have to deal with things indefinitely sliding up ramps
o_tercel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #79
o_mescalito

+plus, you won't lose a limb if you play the game slightly different then you played TFC... right?

I think there's a reason why they posted that particular screenshot in that particular area,is b'coz they're smart. They are testing you fuckers.
They want to see if you enter the game with "omg i used to be able do this and that in tfc now i can't. faggots!" or "bleh! look at that shit! i wonder what can i do with it."
Becouse essentially, TFC has nothing new to offer. Almost eveything that could have been learned or done is learned and done.
You don't revive games with copy/past/prettytexture, you must reinvent them (a little. i'm not saying going to crazy with it :P).. i think. It's all comes down to weather you know what the fuck you are doing or just messing around so it'll look different.
Personally i think they know what they are doing.

I'm not really talking just about openfire, i dunno what's going on there. just talkin...
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #80
o_sensai

I really like this update!

I do have a few questions/observations.

1. The pyro model looks a little bit thinner now, as compared to how he looked in the leaked screenshot jesse had. I don't know, maybe it looks different from the way the pyro was crouching...but I like his thinner look.

2. Out of the two spy concepts I like the one on the right. He looks less cumbersome...but the one thing I love about the spy on the left is the placement of the knife. For some reason I love the knife up on the chest, and I hope that if you go with the spy on the right, please change the knife position to reflect the spy on the left.

3. The HWGuy is pretty good, I like the direction its going in. It looks like a combination of the old and new HWGuy - the outfit looking more retro, but the build looking like the HWGuy of the new TFC models. BTW, I say no to the mustache...or as I like to call them...molestache (all molesters have mustaches...proven fact).

4. Openfire looks good. I like the new ledges around the pillars, it makes it seem like the map will have some new dynamics (like new sg placement, more platforms to juke from, etc.). Although I have some reserve about the flooring being cluttered, I like the fact the floor is bumpy and looks like an earthquake hit the place. The openfire pit has seen its share of spam, and so its got to be damaged like that! I would make it aware though, that the openfire pit may not be as bad as people say, because the stuff in the front looks big and may block your bhop/concs, but I believe its much smaller than that.

5. The medic in the CZ picture brings a couple of questions to mind. First, why are there red medic crosses on his armbands when the rest is blue. Secondly, why is the shotgun different from the first-person view. In the fps views, you added that...thing...I don't know what its called (but it reminds me of the shotguns from Jurassic Park), but in the third-person view, that same piece is not on there. Also, the medic's head looks...I don't know...he looks bald and has a very flat face with almost no chin? It just looks awkward.

6. Well looks amazing, a very unexpected surprise. The look is just so smooth, I might even have to make it into a desktop picture.

7. I see new people have made it to the team. I am guessing omega = omegay who was doing 2mesa3? And then Olah and Voogru are some freshmeat programmers. Congrats to the new dev team people!

8. I love the railgun, tranq, and family of sgs! I'm interested in how the railgun and tranq reloading is going to look. And can someone tell me what all is written on the tranq, I'm surprised no one has posted something about that yet.

Anyway, things look to be progressing well, and everything is looking like its coming together. It really makes me feel like things are progressing quickly and that we'll see this game out by the end of the year. Good job guys, keep up the fantastic work!

PS - When are we going to see the awesomeness of Dustbowl that devs have been splooging about? I thought we were going to see it with this update.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote