CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
this sounds really good and everything but i could see sign ups starting up and only 10 players actually signing up
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 04:20 AM   #42
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
well and if that happened it would suck, but that's why I'm trying to get the community feedback first and then moving forward instead of being all secretive and shit and then coming out with something that no one likes or is interested in. Hopefully in doing this we will end up with something that more than 10 people are interested in doing.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #43
Lateralols`
You're stumbling a little.

Affiliations: mimic.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
i agree with most of what has been said here. i stopped playing ugc because 5v5 was horrible, and the skill level of all the clans was all across the board, making for lots of blowouts and forfeits. on top of that, the clan that consistently lead the standings had no sense of sportsmanship, causing other clans to lose their own sense of sportsmanship and simply forfeit playing them out of spite. it got to be a big pissing match with a bunch of annoying twats e-thugging each other.

squeeks 4v4 pickup league was awesome, but only had a few active clans to start, and a few of those few dropped out after the first couple weeks, leaving only 2 or 3 clans to finish out the season. if i were ever going to play in a league again, it would only be a 4v4 ovd or 7v7/8v8 full. or a avd/hunted/waterpolo type league
i miss e-thugging you :[
Lateralols` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #44
Lateralols`
You're stumbling a little.

Affiliations: mimic.
As far a post from me goes, it was the Fellas that killed it. As Skanky said, they didn't have a sense of sportsmanship. In not so polite terms, they were (for the most part) a conglomerate of previously banned cheating faggots lead by a dumbfuck. I have no problem calling it out, it's what they were. Geo can infract me all he wants, but its the truth - when the best clan in the game is the most flagrant reason to abandon the game, nobody is going to stick around.

End of story.
User received an infraction for this post
Lateralols` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #45
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Sportsmanship? It was not only the fellas, It was also GR and Mimmic (some other clan too, forgot which one) so yes that's something that should be really enforced next time.
Lets make this into a really friendly environment, away from TFC ego, away from hardcore competition, away from butt hurts like above. This league should be about playing a 30 minute game that should be enjoyable and fun.

So yes I agree with you lat... not so much with flaming though....

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #46
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
bit harsh geo? lol it was on topic and so not really THAT bad. You said yourself that you agree can i give you an infraction? lol
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 06-24-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #47
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

The infraction system ban him not me lol

Support FF:

Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
The fellas might have raped fx every time we played them, but they were always polite with us. They didn't trash talk us during our matches or after, they never OvD'd or conducted other un-sportsmanship behavior.

We experienced more of that stuff from a couple members of gr, and mimic (not their entire roster, just a few members) way more than the fellas.

The only thing about the fellas is we knew they were always gonna win, so when we were in line to play them that week it was especially hard to get people to come out and play. That's the only un-sportsmanship conduct that came from them in my mind. How can you honestly have fun just creaming teams?

When I played rugby I'd rather loose 13-10 than win 72-0.

EO was definately my favorite clan to play, they were always very very close and intense matches, plus everyone was quite friendly to one another during/after our matches. They were definately a class act.

Oh, and AE was also fun to play too. Those were two clans in it for the fun, which made the evening fun for me.

Last edited by Hammock; 06-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #49
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Tnx Hammock, you were always our favorite clan as well. I was getting really mad when we were not getting schedule together but when we finally played Phantom that one night, it was one of my favorite and most fun match I ever had.

So yes having different division would be a great idea since the majority of us knew we were going to loose to clans like Fellas and gr.

Support FF:

Old 06-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #50
Hammock
D&A Member

Ya that phantom match I think was my most favorite match of the season, and we were dissapointed too when you couldn't fill the roster, we always looked forward to our matches

Old 06-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #51
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
the problem with making ladders was / is that there just aren't enough clans out there to split the league like that. Seriously you would have like 2 in plat and 3 in bronze just playing each other over and over. Like yeah over time that would be the place we wanna get to, but currently the player base is just too small for something like that. That's why I'm liking these other ideas more...b/c they take the reliance off of the "clans" and put it on just players which we have some of
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #52
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Dr. Satan, I believe you are confusing the two.

Leagues with divisions generate the stale gameplay you are descibing.

In a ladder system, the best teams go to the top, and are constantly challenged by people below them. All of the other teams are constantly fighting for to raise their standings.

They key to a successful competition is offering some sort of benefit to win. Free swag from sponsors is a great incentive!
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #53
Odium

well im liking all these ideas...
one thing i must say tho is for the 4v random team thing as well...if one person has something come up or is unable to make it to the match..wat happens to his 3 team mates? but i still like the idea of it

also we have put a small effort forth into getting some clans together...the small community we have still wants some sort of competition and is willing to put forth the effort (or so it seems.)

i already have 1 full team, blade i believe almost has a full roster, and i thought there was another team in the making...but i know of enough active players to get atleast 5 clans in...and what might I ask happened to all of the eO members...fx members...and all these people? haven't seen many around of any of the past clans...are they all retired like Teh Rape?

another thing...i don't like wednesday nights but wednesday has to be the day then sure...i only say this because (don't hate me) while these leagues were down i played in a tfc clan 5v for wednesday nights...and it just so happens that ff had matches wednesday nights =/ but hey...i will easily pick ff over tfc, so w/e day it is i will be there =)
Odium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #54
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
Hammock's post made Lat look like the usual retard that he is

The decreasing number of players and lack of updates is what killed the league. Hopefully live steam updates will attract new players, and thus higher chances that a league survives. Until then, enjoy the regular pickups and some good old pubbing.
User received an infraction for this post

Last edited by Gator-; 06-26-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #55
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium View Post
i already have 1 full team, blade i believe almost has a full roster, and i thought there was another team in the making...but i know of enough active players to get atleast 5 clans in...and what might I ask happened to all of the eO members...fx members...and all these people? haven't seen many around of any of the past clans...are they all retired like Teh Rape?
Well as for e0... is on Hiatus right now. I plan to bring it back around October when I moved into my apartment unless Ostrich or 50 Plan to do it before me then that would be great. The thing is, my gaming computer is in a storage place... and this computer I'm using has an integrated card, runs ff real shitty, plus my connection crappy too. (I'm living at someones house atm ) So yeah e0 will be back, I promise

Support FF:

Old 06-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #56
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Double Post...

Ok so I spoke to Spoon and he mention something that might be true on why pickup league did not work that well.

Quote:
spoon: run the league the same way we ran 5v5 except with 4v4 teams and not for 30 minutes but for 15 minutes
:e0GeoKill: ya
spoon: like Wednesday nights
:e0GeoKill: doubt 5v5 will be back anyways
spoon: and not allowing ppl to play whenever
spoon: make a set date
spoon: so people KNOW
spoon: that there is a match that night
:e0GeoKill: exactly
spoon: and maybe
spoon: on the ff.pickup channel
spoon: squeek could make a reminder on tuesday night in the topic reminding ppl that there are matches the next day or something
spoon: i dunno
One thing I remember was not getting in contact with all my players to tell them what day I set the match to or I never got a chance to talk to the opponents leader.

Support FF:

Last edited by GeoKill----->; 06-27-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #57
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
This was in the rules for FF.PL, by the way:

Quote:
If no match day/time can be agreed upon by either team, the match must be played at 9PM EST on SUNDAY NIGHT.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #58
Hammock
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill-----> View Post
Well as for e0... is on Hiatus right now. I plan to bring it back around October when I moved into my apartment unless Ostrich or 50 Plan to do it before me then that would be great. The thing is, my gaming computer is in a storage place... and this computer I'm using has an integrated card, runs ff real shitty, plus my connection crappy too. (I'm living at someones house atm ) So yeah e0 will be back, I promise
You moved and packed up your gaming computer? Man that's the one thing I always take seperately, it never gets packed, it comes with me in the car and it's one of the first things brought into my new place. Hell for my last move since I had a lot of time to plan ahead I even had the internet hooked up before I got there, and the cable guy scheduled for the day after I moved in.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #59
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

I would set it up where I'm living right now but I have no space. :/ So till I get my place I'll be back

Support FF:

Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #60
killu

Class/Position: Medic
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
This was in the rules for FF.PL, by the way:
I think perhaps that may contributed to a lot of matches not being played. I think it would be better to set up a definitive time for the match to be played and then if needed the two clans can set up another time instead of the other way around.
killu is offline   Reply With Quote