Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

View Poll Results: You think this is a good idea?
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
o_zsleek7

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
General idea for any map - A/D in paticular

Instead of having a set time for the offense to just sit around and shoot each other, why not make this time variable?

My idea is that you sort of combine a skill map with an AD map so the offense has something to do while the defense is preparing.

An example would be like making a simple hazard course that has a switch at the end of it that opens the gate to the next CP. Heck, you could even have conc maps, rj maps, or even mazes built in that the team must finish in order to open the next gate.

I think this would add more of a team challenge that could make AD maps more interesting.

Of course the problem with this idea is that if someone knows how to finish the 'quest' part of the map really well, then there could be balance issues.

This could even work on CTF maps perhaps, say by hitting a button somewhere it opens another passageway to the flag or something.
o_zsleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
o_sobe green

I don't know...I don't think it would really work. But good job on a unique idea.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
o_deadeh

i like the Idea on A/D maps...well maybe have A map that did this..not sure it would work for alot of maps... but i do like the sound of having a map like this for some reason ..nothing too hard tho and u'd still have to make sure that the button couldnt be pressed before a certain time had passed
o_deadeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
o_eat

I like the idea. The hard part would be coming up with a 'game' for the offense to play that was somehow relevant to the map. Maybe the work they do in the waiting time opens up a secondary passage further into the map but takes quite a bit of skill to perform.
o_eat is offline   Reply With Quote