Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
o_returner

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TFC really is dead

There are maybe three servers that I can go to, because all the others are full of bots (why waste the bandwidth and money to keep them running???). But that's not the problem. The problem is that all the good players have left. The only ones remaining are deathmatchers, campers, chasers and otherwise useless people. It's very common to be chased into your own respawn by a psychotic medic (medics are the worst of the worst) who has an infection fetish. Just now, a sniper who had taken our flag remained in our base to deathmatch me, even though I didn't even notice him. Whenever I'm a sniper, I always end up in a pissing contest againts some bitter attacker who flipped out because I shot at him. And let us not forget respawn spamming.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
o_darkenrahl

Was that supposed to have a point? I would suggest deleting this thread, looks pretty useless.
o_darkenrahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenRahl
Was that supposed to have a point? I would suggest deleting this thread, looks pretty useless.
I don't know where to begin... did you even notice that this is a discussion board?

Old 01-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Public servers have always been like this.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Public servers have always been like this.
Things used to be a lot better.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
o_ohcanep

There are still few (or at least one) server(s) up where you can play some public CTF without midmap DMing and spamming...
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #7
o_mattous

I've never had any touble with getting a game, there are still loads of active servers in the UK and Europe at leased. I've never had problems getting games.
o_mattous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
o_valk

its fine here
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 03:11 PM   #9
o_spud

It is half dead I would agree. All the old personalities have disapeared leaving generic lifeless mongs insulting you everytime you killed them. No wait hang on that's still the same as it always was, except you knew the generic mongs by their real names :P
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #10
o_soulsolution

nah no way..ive been playing tfc since it came out and i dont think its dead...less servers sure but there are still lots of people that play
o_soulsolution is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
o_fylox

Yea, I had to leave it long ago because of my connection problems and I have seen how it has been getting dead, but there is still a lot of people playing "well", without camping, spamming etc, and a lot of european servers where you can play CTF off-deff games...
o_fylox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 05:40 PM   #12
o_espionagedb7

TFC LIVES ON! I have not been playing this game as long as the pro's and veterans of TFC, those of which I commend and salute who have kept this game alive, however I have been playing it long enough to know that it is a great game and I have seen little if any signs of it dying. If anything the game just needs a jolt to get people back into it. I think Fortress Forever will be that Jolt.
o_espionagedb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
o_binarylife

Seriously, look into NeoTF servers, not even for the features and stuff (though they are quite awsome) but for the fact that there is a better class of player there. You will play against people who wont spam, wont camp, and are damn good at playing. So it's even harder, but no where near as frustrating. It's one reason why I still play. I like going against people who have the advantage, and finding a way to beat them.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #14
o_returner

I can't really look into NeoTF servers because there are only about three to five servers that have a latency of less than 150 (from where I am). The rest are filled with bots. I noticed on Wireplay that they have these !server scripts installed that take you to servers that no longer exist. Depressing.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:40 PM   #15
o_storm

Lol imagine saying someone camps in TFC and using it as an insult. Have you ever even played the game?
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #16
o_spud

I had to laugh too :P
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #17
o_saintrancid-tpf-

the community isn't as big as it used to be but a source version will definitley help get interest back into the mod. i'm really excited about this mod.
o_saintrancid-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #18
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm
Lol imagine saying someone camps in TFC and using it as an insult. Have you ever even played the game?
Oh, I'm relatively new. Started in 1997 with QWTF and switched to TFC the instant it was released...

Old 01-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #19
o_don chico

Re: TFC really is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returner
The problem is that all the good players have left. The only ones remaining are deathmatchers, campers, chasers and otherwise useless people.
I don't fall into any of those categories. I sure as hell don't like being called useless. I still play this game, and I rarely have the problems you do. Learn how to search for a good server(s). You probably go into a server and talk shit, and that is why you have these problems. If you go into a server to have fun and just play, then you wouldn't really have a problem. Most of these campers or chasers suck anyways, so they don't bother me. I can kill them with ease. So if they bother you, I suggest you get better.
o_don chico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2005, 02:19 AM   #20
o_qbaler

one of the reasons for tfc's downfall is valve. FF will be a tfc based mod that will be in the hands of the community. No more we will hear "OMFG VALVE FUCKEN GOT RID OF *!#@, I loved *!#@" instead you will hear "woot they changed *****, that crap was stupid"

Also, please everyone stop complaining about servers with bots! Why waste that bandwith and money for a bot server? Why waste your money on an empty server! NO ONE AT ALL joins an empty server (excluding really popular servers and skill servers). Bots attact the noobs which in turn attract the regulars and the skilled players which kick out the bots. I experienced this with my Dustbowl server. I put 12 bots on (24 player max) and within a month I had good amount of regulars and the bots were never on (12 bots, 1 human joins = 11 bots). Now if I never had bots then a month later it still would have been 0/24 players instead of the sometimes 24/24.
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote