Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 08-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #161
o_zaskar

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
So for people who watch anime, how hard is it for you to not just do a google search to find out what happens (espically if your not just downloading the entire series :P)
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #162
o_qwertyuiop

I think people put azn in their name to get conversations going. All asians like anime and playing piano, so if an asian sees someone with azn in their name they know they can talk to them about anime and piano.
o_qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #163
o_frenchtoast

And they can discuss the latest happenings of Kumon.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2006, 03:40 AM   #164
o_yomamashouse

And the girls can discuss the type of handcream they use.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2006, 07:03 AM   #165
o_frenchtoast

Their hands look fucking gross after too much of that stuff. Like they're all dried out and cracked and stuff, it's nasty.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #166
o_zaskar

Isnt that what that stuff is supposed to prevent?

Old 08-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #167
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Too much of a good thing.

There's no reason to use that much handcream unless your job is giving handjobs 12 hours a day.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #168
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous

There's no reason to use that much handcream unless your job is giving handjobs 12 hours a day.
yea i guess using it too much may actually decrease the strength/thickness of your skin. Kind of like callasses, wear gloves 24/7 and you lose then, then when you dont wear gloves you get blisters and cuts when doing work.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #169
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Did I already link to this?

It's from Fullmetal Alchemist. Go on, read it.

Last edited by Circuitous; 08-31-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #170
o_dancingfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous

That's just the Vietnamese.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #171
o_nezumi

Oi, circ, yer link's broken.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #172
o_milk

stop watching mainstream shit AKA naruto, DBZ, evangilion
watch school rumble 1&2(for comedy);
gantz (for the ultraviolence);
if you want a taste of hellsing but dont want to watch the whole series, watch -> hellsing:ultimate (2 episodes/ultraviolence);
watch ruroni kenshin samurai x reminescence? (drama action);
watch sokyuu no fafnir to REPLACE evangilion (if you though evangilion was ass cheeze but still want post apocalyptic mecha);
watch FLCL (exception for mainstream psycho/comedy genre);
excel saga (more psycho/comedy);
haruhi suziyama (psycho/slice of life/school/romance?);
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze (post apocalyptic struggle for life? Air combat [think top gun+assloads of technology]);

meh, im sure there are others but thats just off the top of my head. complain if you want more

Last edited by o_milk; 08-30-2006 at 09:02 PM.
o_milk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 12:56 AM   #173
o_nezumi

I just DL'd/watched the first episode of Haruhi Suzumiya today. I was all like "WTF?" but I couldn't sotp giggling. I'm assuming the rest isn't all 'home video' so I'm planning on watching it.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 01:07 AM   #174
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
I just DL'd/watched the first episode of Haruhi Suzumiya today. I was all like "WTF?" but I couldn't sotp giggling. I'm assuming the rest isn't all 'home video' so I'm planning on watching it.
Nope, its not all a home video. That first episode was great though. Extremely creative and amusing.

One thing about the "mainstream" statement you made milk...Even though Evangelion may be grouped in to the mainstream, its still great. I love that series and would say that it has a great replay value.

One of my favorites that definitely is not a mainstream anime is Hikaru no Go.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 05:34 AM   #175
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Oi, circ, yer link's broken.
Edited, and just to be sure...

Old 08-31-2006, 06:27 AM   #176
o_frenchtoast

What are we supposed to be able to read from that picture?

Old 08-31-2006, 06:41 AM   #177
o_theres *nothing* here

Fake copy of Serial Experiments: Lain selling for $28.

Not worth it.
o_theres *nothing* here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #178
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk
stop watching mainstream shit AKA naruto, DBZ, evangilion
watch school rumble 1&2(for comedy);
gantz (for the ultraviolence);
if you want a taste of hellsing but dont want to watch the whole series, watch -> hellsing:ultimate (2 episodes/ultraviolence);
watch ruroni kenshin samurai x reminescence? (drama action);
watch sokyuu no fafnir to REPLACE evangilion (if you though evangilion was ass cheeze but still want post apocalyptic mecha);
watch FLCL (exception for mainstream psycho/comedy genre);
excel saga (more psycho/comedy);
haruhi suziyama (psycho/slice of life/school/romance?);
Sentou Yousei Yukikaze (post apocalyptic struggle for life? Air combat [think top gun+assloads of technology]);

meh, im sure there are others but thats just off the top of my head. complain if you want more
Whats wrong with mainstreem stuff? :P its free on TV :P (shure I guess if you DL it thats anither story :P)

There is usually a reason some stuff is mainstream (most the time ;P)
Nothin worse then a person who only like mainstream stuff then someone who wants to feel special by "hating" all mainstream stuff because its "mainstream" :P

Anyways Kenshin was played for a long wile on cartoon network, that make that mainstream? :P

BTW Hellsing was totally fucking awesome, diddnt know there was a movie though, only saw the series (wtf happened to that 1 badguy anyways, you know who)

"Full Metal Panic!" was Fucking awesome.
"Full Metal Panic?" was really funny but you still missed the original. thank good their makin a third (yet short :/) season and it finishes the story of season 1.

"Orphen" I actually really liked (even the second season which wasnt as good)

Trigun of course is a must.

Mainstreem stuff aint bad, im actually enjoying Narauto and whatever is that other sorta mech based one (Eureka 7 or something) later on that plays on Saturdays on cartoon network.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 PM   #179
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Milk, I think the Samurai X you were referring to was Reflections.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2006, 06:08 PM   #180
o_milk

my mega rant/reply for 'anime'

Actually it was reminescence/tsuiokuhen/trust and betrayal, 4 episodes. The reason I dont suggest mainstream is because thats not where the really good stuff is. Who wants to watch 200 episodes of NARUTO which is mainly fillers (esp. as a 'gateway' to anime)? or ~20+ episodes of evangelion which some director wrote on antidepressants and seriously fucked up the ending? The only retribution evangelion has is by replacing the last two episodes with the "end of eva" episodes. Just because its on cartoon network doesnt mean its mainstream though. Eureka seven is good, but I dont like the english dubs, or the kid renton (idiot/main character). English dub voice actors seem like they are on permanent tranquilizers. Not to mention they seriously try to lipsynch while dropping pauses. No wonder people think japanese media is retarded. Who wants to listen to petrified zombies yelp out a whole line without any inflection or pauses? Its like a kids show done by hobos that were told they can have some money if they do some voice overs. While there are some exceptions though ex: cowboy bebop and flcl where IMO the english is better than the japanese. The animes people watch on cartoon network, or buy in the english dubs werent meant to be the way they are. Seriously, the equivalent of these is outsourcing an american movie, having the voice actors selected and used and directed by somebody WHO ISNT the ACTUAL director of the series. How could they possibly convey the story properly without being guided by the person who directs all other aspects of it? Anyway, the real seed of shining light that comes from japanese media (not just animated/anime style cartoons) is in their contiguous plot lines, their disregard for conforming to hollywood's rules of 'always please the viewer' by actually conveying a spectrum of emotions and not always having a resolute ending, or a "good ending". When all people see is resolute good endings, is it possible that they think that anything they do has no consequences? It seems like alot of the parents these days dont punish their kids enough, instead they crucify any media that doesnt conform to their "good endings" or, crucify their teachers for teaching evolution, or crucify anything except the wrongdoers. Not only that, buy our law bodies crucify companies for their plaintiff being supid. Im sure you can find traces of this motif in multitudes of other things in america, and I just might say that its probably not a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooga
ANIME FUCKING SUCKS!

And most people who watch anime are gay pedofiles. Seriusly.
These people go to these anime cons with 15 year olds and watch "yoie" (or however you spell guy on guy animated pr0n).

The bigest problem is the FAN BASE, not the actual anime.

P.S. I am not flaming
and im not just pointing my third finger at you mooga

Its apparent to me that nature vs nurture comes into play when you view our reality TV shows, news and other media. Seems like alot of people are conforming to being self righteous douchebags as seen on TV, and THIS is my third finger pointing at people that have some jackass comment to say about anime. Good job at sanboxing anime as a genre, might as well sandbox yourself as retarded.

Anybody from TEXAS? (seriously)
cuz im the collector of media, got gigs upon gigs of music, video (including anime) on twin sATA 400 gig seagate NL35s
o_milk is offline   Reply With Quote